Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Butler Bulldog Not Allowed In Arena

Started by twistitup, March 15, 2018, 07:43:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

He made the trip, but NCAA rules won't allow him in.

With Mike finding his ring and now this...

I thnk its a good sign.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/heres-ncaa-wont-let-butlers-live-bulldog-mascot-tournament-games-230843808.html
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hawgball40

I was just talking with a coworker about this. We're thinking of staging a walkout of work tomorrow at 2:15 in protest

Birminghog

They don't know this by now? Slow learners?

twistitup

Quote from: Birminghog on March 15, 2018, 07:58:51 pm
They don't know this by now? Slow learners?

NCAA gave them an exception in the past - not this year

Birminghog

sickboy

Little silly. It's a dog. Not an elephant. How does letting the dog inside the arena take up:

A. Too much space.
B. Hurt your turnaround time game to game.

What precipitated this regulation? Did some live mascot get in the way in the past?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: sickboy on March 15, 2018, 08:57:43 pm
Little silly. It's a dog. Not an elephant. How does letting the dog inside the arena take up:

A. Too much space.

What precipitated this regulation? Did some live mascot get in the way in the past?

Pretty simple. Only service dogs allowed. Maybe we should have Tusk sitting on the baseline?
But college students aren't accustomed to being told "no"these days. Poor babies.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Nosboar Accubond

Dr. Starcs

Amazing what the NCAA chooses to enforce (and not to)

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 15, 2018, 09:09:05 pm
Amazing what the NCAA chooses to enforce (and not to)

Ain't that the truth...?
How about the press conferences when they refer to players as "student athletes"? What a joke.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

greasy_corner

pigture perfect

Let them bring in Pugsly, so we can bring in Tusk.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

(notOM)Rebel123

sickboy

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 15, 2018, 09:00:07 pm
Pretty simple. Only service dogs allowed. Maybe we should have Tusk sitting on the baseline?
But college students aren't accustomed to being told "no"these days. Poor babies.

What? How on earth did you turn this into college students are babies? It's a freaking bulldog. Not a wild hog. Use common sense. Letting the school's bulldog in wouldn't hurt anybody and it's good for the game atmosphere.

elkhog

Quote from: sickboy on March 15, 2018, 08:57:43 pm

A. Too much space.

Yea, a damn opossum. 

Why give a team a motivational mascot boost?

But if you let the dog in, then you have to let the pig in and then the tiger and next the horse, and then the longhorn and so on and so on.
GO HOGS!!!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: sickboy on March 15, 2018, 11:04:15 pm
What? How on earth did you turn this into college students are babies? It's a freaking bulldog. Not a wild hog. Use common sense. Letting the school's bulldog in wouldn't hurt anybody and it's good for the game atmosphere.

Seriously? Lighten up, man. I was making a freaking joke. Geez.

010HogFan

Quote from: hawgball40 on March 15, 2018, 07:45:33 pm
I was just talking with a coworker about this. We're thinking of staging a walkout of work tomorrow at 2:15 in protest

lmfao!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hawgball40 on March 15, 2018, 07:45:33 pm

Excellent. 😀

SSFrazorback

Good! That's what you get for being unoriginal.

sickboy

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 15, 2018, 11:13:36 pm
Seriously? Lighten up, man. I was making a freaking joke. Geez.

Sorry. Wasn't trying to be rude.

twistitup

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on March 15, 2018, 09:07:22 pm
Ring???

A pawn shop called and they had his National Championship ring he lost years ago. They said it had Anderson on it, the pawnshop owner did some research and Mike was the only Anderson listed that year. He sent pics and it was the ring...Mike got his 94 Championship ring back (he had to buy it back, but that's ok) ----good sign?

I say yes.

southeasthog

Quote from: sickboy on March 15, 2018, 11:04:15 pm

Did they just catch Tusk last week or something? Could of swore I've seen kids feeding him. Weird.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: southeasthog on March 16, 2018, 05:47:35 am
Did they just catch Tusk last week or something? Could of swore I've seen kids feeding him. Weird.

You'd think. 😀

twistitup

w/o the dog...Butler doesn't have a chance

BigBrandonAllenFan

Nobody wants to watch a dam* dog when he decides he needs to hunker up on the arena floor.

theFlyingHog

99toLife

Butler should have got on the internet and ordered a service animal / Comfort animal vest!  ;D ;

twistitup

slobberin' arse mutt...its a danger to the players, when he shakes his head and throws his spit all over the court - players could slip going after a loose ball

I will love bulldogs again after we beat Butler

99toLife

Quote from: twistitup on March 16, 2018, 10:26:32 am
slobberin' arse mutt...its a danger to the players, when he shakes his head and throws his spit all over the court - players could slip going after a loose ball

I will love bulldogs again after we beat Butler

They got people to clean that up on demand.

I was a clean up kid under goal for an NBA team. Two of those dudes hit the floor at the same time it's a freakin slimy mess!  ;)

phadedhawg

March 16, 2018, 10:51:40 am #30 Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:39:03 pm by phadedhawg
I think they should let him in if there's a spot for him.   Not the cutest dog but hes a good boy i'm sure

TexasRazorback

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 07:43:52 pm
He made the trip, but NCAA rules won't allow him in.

With Mike finding his ring and now this...

I thnk its a good sign.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/heres-ncaa-wont-let-butlers-live-bulldog-mascot-tournament-games-230843808.html

Keep the Dog out of the Arena. The real dawgs are in the SEC