Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

30 for 30- The disappearance of traveling (while on the ground with the ball.)

Started by mj4president, March 15, 2018, 12:47:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Has this been a rule change? It seemed 10-20 years ago the moment a player got the ball and moved hardly at all it was ruled as traveling. Now it seems to can roll around nearly as much as you want.

What say you?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Hoggish1

Quote from: mj4president on March 15, 2018, 12:47:57 pm
Has this been a rule change? It seemed 10-20 years ago the moment a player got the ball and moved hardly at all it was ruled as traveling. Now it seems to can roll around nearly as much as you want.

What say you?

I say you are on to something...

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

WizardofhOgZ

I started noticing this a few years ago - most frequently, when someone is receiving a pass near center court in a half court offense.  The guy catching the ball off of a cut up high routinely takes three steps before coming to a complete stop.  Particularly easy to notice and verify in these days where any show you watch, you can stop, rewind and play frame by frame in slow mo. 

Galls the hell out of me.

HawgWild

sasnakrafan

In the refs' defense...

I would like to throw in that I notice it all the time on TV like the rest of you guys do. It is very blatant, but when I watch the few NBA games in person and they don't look as bad as they do on tv. Also I had no idea how big these dudes are until you are sitting a few feet away from them. I think it's just visually harder bc of the close aspect ratio vs. the tv camera overview of it. Also they look fast on tv, but when you see them run up and down the court, it makes you appreciate how good, how FAST they are, and how far you/I am from ever making it to the NBA.