Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Practice Smactice

Started by twistitup, March 14, 2018, 04:03:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Can we really tell anything from practice? Every coach has impressive weeks of practice, then over emotional fans dive into picking apart the players like they can really tell who is good. We are practicing against ourselves - looking at last year - we are practicing against inferior talent.....bama is bama partly because they PRACTICE against the best.

Do we look too deep into practice? CCM will do the best with what he has, but to pump this team and it's practice accomplishments is just pure fool's gold - do you agree?

I'm tired of hearing about good practices - it reminds me of a drunk fat guy that hung around the hill at one time. I mean - I know its important, but what are we talking about? Practice?

Just improve and win as many as possible - I will wait and be patient while this transition plays out...

#5yearplan

Our fans could learn from an uncut, free of charge, AI lesson on the proper practice perspective:

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Vantage 8 dude

March 14, 2018, 04:15:28 pm #1 Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:21:20 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: twistitup on March 14, 2018, 04:03:00 pm
Can we really tell anything from practice? Every coach has impressive weeks of practice, then over emotional fans dive into picking apart the players like they can really tell who is good. We are practicing against ourselves - looking at last year - we are practicing against inferior talent.....bama is bama partly because they PRACTICE against the best.

Do we look too deep into practice? CCM will do the best with what he has, but to pump this team and it's practice accomplishments is just pure fool's gold - do you agree?

I'm tired of hearing about good practices - it reminds me of a drunk fat guy that hung around the hill at one time. I mean - I know its important, but what are we talking about? Practice?

Just improve and win as many as possible - I will wait and be patient while this transition plays out...

#5yearplan

Our fans could learn from an uncut, free of charge, AI lesson on the proper practice perspective:

Okay just for you I hope the next news conference from CCM goes something like this: "Well guys, we looked like crap again today. I just wish our players would try to at least learn the plays and actually act like they know what the game of football is about. Heck, at this point I'm honestly not sure any of our scholarship players could earn a spot on another SEC squad; in fact, if I had know it was this bad I would have seriously considered not taking the job here. Not sure we can win even two games in 2018. I just hope we can score in any of our games and at the same time hold any of our opponents under a half a hundred. Our staff sucks, our players do as well and I won't even go into the half-ass facilities we have. Can anyone with a legal background take a look at my contract and see if it's possible for me to crawl back to Dallas? I'd like to say more, however, I have to meet the realtor and see if I can somehow arrange for my family to stay down in Texas. See ya'". Now, does that make you feel better ??? ::)

Poker_hog

The way they practice absolutely matters.  I've heard the culture has changed quite a bit.  There's no loafing between drills.  There's more of sense of urgency.  Maybe the players will actually have the endurance to preform well in the 4th quarter.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Mjs84

If you know what to look for, you can actually tell quite a lot.  Don't look for long passes and touchdowns.  What you need to focus is on the process and not the end results.  Are players lining up in position properly before the snap?  Do they know there assignments?  What is the overall body language of the team as a whole? How are coaches responding to players?  These are the things you need to focus on.  Don't be fooled by the dazzle of a trick play or a standout player.  Yes, we want out players to come up big in practice, but you need to pair the performance of one man with the entire team and if you are capable of assessing things like I mentioned earlier, you will know how likely we are to beat ourselves or put ourselves in position to win come regular season.  This early I wouldn't focus on how we compare to other teams, I would gauge wether or not we are going to shoot ourselves in the foot.  And those things do show up for practice.  I will say, if you see a lot of player speed, that would indeed be a good thing.  But expectations in that department are currently low.

Mjs84

Quote from: Poker_hog on March 14, 2018, 04:16:44 pm
The way they practice absolutely matters.  I've heard the culture has changed quite a bit.  There's no loafing between drills.  There's more of sense of urgency.  Maybe the players will actually have the endurance to preform well in the 4th quarter.

This guy gets it!  Not very often I say this on Hogville...Lmao

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 14, 2018, 04:15:28 pm
Okay just for you I hope the next news conference from CMM goes something like this: "Well guys, we looked like crap again today. I just wish our players would try to at least learn the plays and actually act like they know what the game of football is about. Heck, at this point I'm honestly not sure any of our scholarship players could earn a spot on another SEC squad; in fact, if I had know it was this bad I would have seriously considered not taking the job here. Not sure we can win even two games in 2018. I just hope we can score in any of our games and at the same time hold any of our opponents under a half a hundred. Our staff sucks, our players do as well and I won't even go into the half-ass facilities we have. Can anyone with a legal background take a look at my contract and see if it's possible for me to crawl back to Dallas? I'd like to say more, however, I have to meet the realtor and see if I can somehow arrange for my family to stay down in Texas. See ya'". Now, does that make you feel better ??? ::)

Lou! You're back! It's been a long time. Great game against Oklahoma!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: twistitup on March 14, 2018, 04:03:00 pm

#5yearplan

Sad, but last year we were practicing against inferior talent on all 3 phases.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Hog_Swanson

Okay just for you I hope the next news conference from CMM goes something like this: "Well guys, we looked like crap again today. I just wish our players would try to at least learn the plays and actually act like they know what the game of football is about. Heck, at this point I'm honestly not sure any of our scholarship players could earn a spot on another SEC squad; in fact, if I had know it was this bad I would have seriously considered not taking the job here. Not sure we can win even two games in 2018. I just hope we can score in any of our games and at the same time hold any of our opponents under a half a hundred. Our staff sucks, our players do as well and I won't even go into the half-ass facilities we have. Can anyone with a legal background take a look at my contract and see if it's possible for me to crawl back to Dallas? I'd like to say more, however, I have to meet the realtor and see if I can somehow arrange for my family to stay down in Texas. See ya'". Now, does that make you feel better ??? ::)
Doesn't make me feel better, but that would be funny as hell if a first year coach came out and said that.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on March 14, 2018, 04:26:53 pm
Lou! You're back! It's been a long time. Great game against Oklahoma!

LOL.  Lou really did say stuff like that.

"Our team is pitiful.  We couldn't even get on Noah's ark if it was raining...we don't have two of anything."  Said that while he was at South Carolina.  Fell over laughing.
Retired Radio Host

Tusks

YES you can tell a ton from practice.  You just have to be sober when evaluating it.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

presidenthog

Quote from: Mjs84 on March 14, 2018, 04:20:12 pm
If you know what to look for, you can actually tell quite a lot.  Don't look for long passes and touchdowns.  What you need to focus is on the process and not the end results.  Are players lining up in position properly before the snap?  Do they know there assignments?  What is the overall body language of the team as a whole? How are coaches responding to players?  These are the things you need to focus on.  Don't be fooled by the dazzle of a trick play or a standout player.  Yes, we want out players to come up big in practice, but you need to pair the performance of one man with the entire team and if you are capable of assessing things like I mentioned earlier, you will know how likely we are to beat ourselves or put ourselves in position to win come regular season.  This early I wouldn't focus on how we compare to other teams, I would gauge wether or not we are going to shoot ourselves in the foot.  And those things do show up for practice.  I will say, if you see a lot of player speed, that would indeed be a good thing.  But expectations in that department are currently low.

The part I bolded about body language so far for the most part been reported as good.

The only thing negative I have heard is that jordan Jones has poor body language. Listed 3rd on the depth chart, and didn't get in during the scrimmage. Heard from one practice report that he was at the back of the line foe most of the WR drills. Hopefully he gets it together mentally.

twistitup

March 15, 2018, 05:16:33 am #12 Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:05:06 am by twistitup
Quote from: Poker_hog on March 14, 2018, 04:16:44 pm

This sounds exactly like what CBB said in his first year. I'm done listening to b.s. - I'd like to see the salaries earned on Sat. in the fall. I don't give two shiites what fans or coaches say about the 'excellent' level of practice - it's all been said before.

Just win - the games.

Practice is practice - it does not give anybody a true gauge of where we are - that comes in the fall.

I won't be fooled again by practice talk

onebadrubi

Quote from: presidenthog on March 14, 2018, 08:24:20 pm

The part I bolded about body language so far for the most part been reported as good.

The only thing negative I have heard is that jordan Jones has poor body language. Listed 3rd on the depth chart, and didn't get in during the scrimmage. Heard from one practice report that he was at the back of the line foe most of the WR drills. Hopefully he gets it together mentally.

That's dissaointing.  I hope jones gets it together.  He showed a lot of
Promise last year

nchogg

Love the satire. Good job.

nchogg

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 05:16:33 am
This sounds exactly like what CBB said in his first year. I'm done listening to b.s. - I'd like to see the salaries earned on Sat. in the fall. I don't give two shiites what fans or coaches say about the 'excellent' level of practice - it's all been said before.

Just win - the games.

Practice is practice - it does not give anybody a true gauge of where we are - that come in the fall.

Twist the team probably need to just go out on the town and not practice and learn the playbook and schemes. You know the old saying "practice makes perfect" not saying they will. Coaches know what their players are capable of. And yes we will not know until we play games. The sky hasn't fallen yet.

twistitup

Quote from: nchogg on March 15, 2018, 06:51:09 am
Twist the team probably need to just go out on the town and not practice and learn the playbook and schemes. You know the old saying "practice makes perfect" not saying they will. Coaches know what their players are capable of. And yes we will not know until we play games. The sky hasn't fallen yet.

Sky will not fall - no matter what happens this coming fall.

CCM's legacy will be determined over a 5yr (hopefully more) period of time. Too much emphasis is being put on this coming season - truth is we have basically the same Jimmy and Joes as last year. I hope we develop into a 10 win team, but reality says - don't get your hopes up..... it's a 5 year plan.

Relax - enjoy your spring, go catch some damn crappie

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I remember Steve Spurrier did this in one of his post practice interviews. Hilarious
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

twistitup

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 15, 2018, 07:07:15 am
I remember Steve Spurrier did this in one of his post practice interviews. Hilarious

Sometimes that is the right approach, it puts the entire team on notice....

It's a form of tough love that kids these days need more of.

liljo

Well...I enjoy the practice reports. Only takes about 5 minutes to read the entire sports page in the Arkansas Democrat. On the front page this morning, the Sports Editor wrote a piece that took a third of the page, and only had one sentence about sports. The very last sentence. And it wasn't informative in the least.

So, if you skip straight to the spring drills section, you save about 3 minutes right off the top. Two minutes later, I head out the door. On the way home, I like to catch Trey on DTS and get his take on the goings on. I never get tire of it. I learned a LONG time ago, pre-Bielema, pre-Hatfield, to not put a lot of stock in "the Talk." Everyone is doing great in the spring. And the players ALWAYS think they're going to have a great season, or at least they say they are.

But I love hearing about practice anyway. Like I've said and said, I don't have to wait until the team starts winning actual games to enjoy Razorbacks football. I want to hear every press conference. I want to hear about every practice. Every possible recruit. I got time. Give it to me!

I like the "Lou Holtz" imitation by V8. I remember when we were about to play Texas in LR and they had this big bad vaunted defense. Lou said, "I don't think we can make a single yard against them, much less a first down." Then we went out and beat 'em.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

DeltaBoy

I was taught 40 years ago that you play only as well as you practice! Sorry Lazy Practices = Sorry Lazy Play!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

justmakeit2thebcs

Practice is going well, more energy than before (laid back is okay, but speed is better). Not that they used to loaf, but they are asked go a faster pace between snaps.  The defense really likes Chief and are excited about the agressive style.  Offense is also excited, most of the kids played in a similar offense in HS.  They like going fast.   There are a few that will be late to the party on buy-in or committment and you will not be seeing them in the fall.

liljo

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 15, 2018, 09:03:02 am
Practice is going well, more energy than before (laid back is okay, but speed is better). Not that they used to loaf, but they are asked go a faster pace between snaps.  The defense really likes Chief and are excited about the agressive style.  Offense is also excited, most of the kids played in a similar offense in HS.  They like going fast.   There are a few that will be late to the party on buy-in or committment and you will not be seeing them in the fall.
I like Chief's style of defense, too. The Razorbacks are going to get beat on defense in the SEC. The last few years they've just gotten beat down. At least, with Chavis' style, they are going to deliver some beat downs, too. Sure, they're going to give up points. Even going to give up big plays. But they're going to turn a lot of 3rd and 8s into 4th and 15s, as well. The past few years, they gave up so many third and longs. They just could NOT get off the field. I think that's going to change some this year, and a lot more over the next few years to come.

It all starts in practice.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

okrazorback

I always wondered about the same thing. We're practicing against ourselves. Even though I do know we need practice, the only we are good is when we play the schedule.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 06:57:01 am

CCM's legacy will be determined over a 5yr (hopefully more) period of time. Too much emphasis is being put on this coming season - truth is we have basically the same Jimmy and Joes as last year. I hope we develop into a 10 win team, but reality says - don't get your hopes up..... it's a 5 year plan.

I'm with you on this. All teams come out with the same hype every year. Players are bigger. They are working harder in the weight room and on conditioning. The players are stronger and in better shape. New leaders are stepping up. Malcontents are leaving. Neglected talents are getting a fresh start. Player confidence is high. Everybody is buying in.

I have gotten off of that train of thought. Unlike Charlie Brown, I'm not going to kick that football this year. I am definitely in wait and see mode.
Hogs up! Covid down!

twistitup

March 15, 2018, 10:45:54 am #25 Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:43:47 pm by twistitup
Quote from: liljo on March 15, 2018, 09:17:11 am

It all starts w recruiting....

Let's not fool ourselves

twistitup

Quote from: liljo on March 15, 2018, 08:50:09 am

I like the "Lou Holtz" imitation by V8. I remember when we were about to play Texas in LR and they had this big bad vaunted defense. Lou said, "I don't think we can make a single yard against them, much less a first down." Then we went out and beat 'em.

I like Lou too....those guys are few and far between these day. We get alot of sunshine and butterflies fed to us these days and then go out and get our arses handed to us on Sat.

I'm ready to win. You guys can have the practice reports - I'll take wins on Saturday. Recruiting gets my blood boiling - not practice. Get some studs in here and let's boogie....

5 years of program improvement is what I am looking forward to --- WINNING is the bottom line

FineAsSwine

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 10:50:33 am
I like Lou too....those guys are few and far between these day. We get alot of sunshine and butterflies fed to us these days and then go out and get our arses handed to us on Sat.

I'm ready to win. You guys can have the practice reports - I'll take wins on Saturday. Recruiting gets my blood boiling - not practice. Get some studs in here and let's boogie....

5 years of program improvement is what I am looking forward to --- WINNING is the bottom line

I'm trying to be patient with the new coach. Winning in the SEC is tough and being at Arkansas has it's own unique challenges. I am not looking at a certain number of wins for next season. What I want to see is competitiveness and a winning plan. The wins may not be there in year one but I want to see signs that point toward a steady climb and a build toward a solid base that can be upgraded with recruiting year by year.

I love the upbeat attitude and energy that CCM brings but I want to temper my expectations and give him a chance and not set him up where by year 2 we are already second guessing the plan.  Now, if he goes out and blows me away in the first year, dang right I would be ecstatic but not gonna put that albatross of the previous five year failures on his back right out of the gate.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Vantage 8 dude

I like Chief's style of defense, too. The Razorbacks are going to get beat on defense in the SEC. The last few years they've just gotten beat down. At least, with Chavis' style, they are going to deliver some beat downs, too. Sure, they're going to give up points. Even going to give up big plays. But they're going to turn a lot of 3rd and 8s into 4th and 15s, as well. The past few years, they gave up so many third and longs. They just could NOT get off the field. I think that's going to change some this year, and a lot more over the next few years to come.

On defense you're either the hammer or the nail. Personally I'm more than tired of us continually being "nailed" game after game. I'm ready for us to put some of the crush back on the opponent's offense for a change. Let's hammer 'em, Chief!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 10:45:54 am

Let's not food ourselves
While I'll agree that it ultimately starts with the talent you have on the field, it's also vital to have great practice habits. Typically you play as you practice. IMO that's been one of our problems over the past four or five years.

Hoggish1

Okay just for you I hope the next news conference from CCM goes something like this: "Well guys, we looked like crap again today. I just wish our players would try to at least learn the plays and actually act like they know what the game of football is about. Heck, at this point I'm honestly not sure any of our scholarship players could earn a spot on another SEC squad; in fact, if I had know it was this bad I would have seriously considered not taking the job here. Not sure we can win even two games in 2018. I just hope we can score in any of our games and at the same time hold any of our opponents under a half a hundred. Our staff sucks, our players do as well and I won't even go into the half-ass facilities we have. Can anyone with a legal background take a look at my contract and see if it's possible for me to crawl back to Dallas? I'd like to say more, however, I have to meet the realtor and see if I can somehow arrange for my family to stay down in Texas. See ya'". Now, does that make you feel better ??? ::)

You forgot to add the question to the coach about his team's execution...'

FineAsSwine

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 10:50:33 am

Gotta have the talent to win in the SEC. I'm tired of us trying to make silk purses out of sows ears. I want some guys to come in and make an impact as freshmen. That will really move the needle and make me excited before I see an actual game. Right now, the hype machine is just blowing smoke.
Hogs up! Covid down!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Twist, What's you're thought's on hot wings and beer t the concession stands?
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 15, 2018, 02:57:42 pm
Gotta have the talent to win in the SEC. I'm tired of us trying to make silk purses out of sows ears. I want some guys to come in and make an impact as freshmen. That will really move the needle and make me excited before I see an actual game. Right now, the hype machine is just blowing smoke.
I won't argue that we have to upgrade our overall talent. However, in the meantime we also have to vastly improve the performance and execution from the kids we have on campus. We need better effort on both sides of the ball. And that most definitely means being more aggressive on defense-pass coverage and fundamental tackling-as well as getting more pressure from our DL. On offense we also have to do a much better job of pass blocking and generally protecting the QB.

The hoped for upgrade in talent is going to take some time. In the meantime we can most definitely realize some better short term results by working on some of the areas I've mentioned above. BTW I'd rather see enthusiasm, whether one feels it's more "hype", then dragging around and not having the proper attitudes and preparation.

Al Boarland

Chief's weakness is 3rd and long.  There's a reason the phrase "3rd and Chavis" came to be.

twistitup

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on March 15, 2018, 03:23:45 pm
Twist, What's you're thought's on hot wings and beer t the concession stands?

I think all concessions stands should serve beer, hot wings, and Frito Pie

...just in case there is bad football being played on the field, you can always fall back on good beer and food

nchogg

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 06:57:01 am

Most is saltwater where I live. I'll just go fish for saltwater crappy.

twistitup

Quote from: nchogg on March 15, 2018, 03:49:03 pm
Most is saltwater where I live. I'll just go fish for saltwater crappy.

Go saltwater fishing...gotta be something biting this time of year

liljo

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 10:45:54 am

Let's not food ourselves

Twist, my friend, when I get ready to food myself, I'm gonna be lookin' for your concession stand.  ;D

greenEGnHAWGS

Just win - the games.

Practice is practice - it does not give anybody a true gauge of where we are - that comes in the fall.

I have to ask...if he thinks practice went well...what's he SUPPOSE to say? I've actually been given the impression by him that he's pretty realistic in what he says. CCM will praise where needed, but he's often said that we're not anywhere near where he wants us to be.

So are you just tired of PCs in general? Do you not like that he says anything positive due to past PCs where a coach would say hoe good things are and you don't want to be duped again? Are you just mad cuz Loyola Chicago just busted your bracket?

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

twistitup

Quote from: liljo on March 15, 2018, 04:58:00 pm
Twist, my friend, when I get ready to food myself, I'm gonna be lookin' for your concession stand.  ;D

lol - Freudian slip

twistitup

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 15, 2018, 05:42:56 pm
Do you not like that he says anything positive due to past PCs where a coach would say hoe good things are and you don't want to be duped again?

Hoe? I don't want the head coach calling players that - no. I just think the fans go overboard in the evaluation and re-interpretation of what CCM says.

MuskogeeHogFan

Just win - the games.

So, you are saying that you are naive?

There is coach speak and then there is coach speak.

One form of that is:

The team is working hard and we are making progress. We aren't where we want to be but the team is giving tons of effort and we just hope that we can get all of the new offense and defense in before the season starts. We will continue to push and press the team and work towards functioning as a solid unit that performs at a higher level.

Another form of that is:

The team is working hard and we are making progress. We aren't where we want to be but the team is giving tons of effort and we just hope that we can get all of the new offense and defense in before the season starts.

The QB's aren't near where we want them to be and the O-Line, though better than anticipated, still has a way to go as well. We have schemes to learn on both sides of the ball and those schemes have to become second nature to this team...we aren't anywhere near to that right now, even though we see progress.

We need to have a greater sense of urgency on both sides of the ball. We are working to achieve that.

We see bright spots but as a team we aren't anywhere near where we need to be at this point. We will keep working and we appreciate your support.

Which one sounds more like what you have heard and seen in Pressers?

Sometimes fans hear what they want to hear. Sometimes fans just make stuff up in the off season to build their post count.
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Muskogee, no matter what you just typed....I agree

I've had too much to drink, I'm full of chili - basketball is on...I agree

Go Hogs

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: twistitup on March 15, 2018, 05:47:53 pm
Hoe? I don't want the head coach calling players that - no. I just think the fans go overboard in the evaluation and re-interpretation of what CCM says.

Ooooh...nice deflection.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Lao Tsuie

This made me wonder because of something I read - are they tackling to the ground already?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 15, 2018, 02:37:37 pm
You forgot to add the question to the coach about his team's execution...'

John McKay would be for it..............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 14, 2018, 04:39:31 pm
LOL.  Lou really did say stuff like that.

"Our team is pitiful.  We couldn't even get on Noah's ark if it was raining...we don't have two of anything."  Said that while he was at South Carolina.  Fell over laughing.

Well in Lou's defense, South Carolina was really that bad.
This is my non-signature signature.

liljo

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 15, 2018, 09:35:10 pm
Well in Lou's defense, South Carolina was really that bad.

I remember when Lou summed up the problem at William & Mary:
''The problem is that we have too many Marys and not enough Williams."

Mike Irwin

You may can tell a lot from a practice but nobody except the staff and those allowed to watch on a consistent basis see enough of practice to learn much.

The media fakes it a lot. We'll take what we see (which is very little) and take what the coaches and players say at face value and offer opinions.

The only real way to judge progress is to watch entire games.