Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs fixin to get nasty

Started by hogfaninrogers, March 13, 2018, 11:13:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfaninrogers

You can take this from a 50-year-old hog fan, we haven't seen the team , That's about  to take to court against Butler, this is going to be Mike and Nolan 40 minutes of hell, I promise you nobody wants a part of the Razorbacks this time of year

mj4president

Quote from: hogfaninrogers on March 13, 2018, 11:13:26 pm
You can take this from a 50-year-old hog fan, we haven't seen the team , That's about  to take to court against Butler, this is going to be Mike and Nolan 40 minutes of hell, I promise you nobody wants a part of the Razorbacks this time of year

Agreed

"You betta help that damn bear" is about to make it's way to the national stage.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hogwood

I think we've seen them.. vs. Oklahoma and vs. UCONN.

You can tell Mike is hungry. We were so close last year. Those seniors were there. We are in the best seeding opportunity in Mike's tenure here. A path to the Elite 8 is legitimately there. I even like our matchup vs. Villanova. Time to do this!

hawgmasta

Positive affirmations

We will make the sweet sixteen
We will make the elite eight

ArkansasI

Ha!  I have always believed that the Hogs' pressure has been tempered during tournament time due to prolonged TV timeouts that allowed tempo to change and, to a degree, opponents to refresh.

This shouldn't impair the early round games as much, but if they advance...

Corkscrew Johnson

I really like the way we match up against Virginia in the finals. 

farfromgroovins

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on March 14, 2018, 08:36:27 am

That's what I'm talking about!

010HogFan

The refs actually seem to let teams play for the most part in March. I think our defense is about to go up another notch. This team plays the way teams have to play this time of year. I am excited.

Hawgball94

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 14, 2018, 08:45:16 am
The refs actually seem to let teams play for the most part in March. I think our defense is about to go up another notch. This team plays the way teams have to play this time of year. I am excited.

I was just about to post this same thing. People tend to forget that the NCAA tournament is usually officiated a little differently than SEC league play. Heck I thought the SEC tournament was actually well officiated. While I do not think it is an easy road, I like us to get to the 2nd weekend.

Hawgball94

And Virgina just lost their six man, who is their best NBA prospect, to a broken wrist.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawgball94 on March 14, 2018, 09:56:25 am
And Virgina just lost their six man, who is their best NBA prospect, to a broken wrist.

DeAndre Hunter. He was interested in the Hogs back in 2015 or 16'. I think he even visited campus.. His father is an old friend of Melvin Watkins way back from his Charlotte days I believe.

hawgdavis

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 14, 2018, 08:45:16 am

With one exception, when we play NC we get called for everything.

Hawgball94

Quote from: hogwood on March 14, 2018, 10:03:32 am
DeAndre Hunter. He was interested in the Hogs back in 2015 or 16'. I think he even visited campus.. His father is an old friend of Melvin Watkins way back from his Charlotte days I believe.

Yep. Hate to see a player go down right before tournament.

SemperFi

I'm not going to be a naysayer, although I have been labeled as such due to my criticism of Mike Anderson. I sure hope that you guys are right and that this Razorback team makes some serious noise in the NCAAT. I'm still not firmly behind our HC, but I'm rooting for my Razorbacks and want them to succeed. The path does seem to be very favorable for the Hogs to make it to the Sweet 16 and that excites me. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgmasta on March 14, 2018, 07:46:44 am
Positive affirmations

We will make the sweet sixteen
We will make the elite eight

Don't stop, We will make the final four...

popcornhog

I'd definitely have UVA in the FF but losing De'Andre Hunter is a big deal in terms of depth and chemistry and having to figure out how to re-distribute minutes. He is a pretty serious loss.
WPS

RazorNick

We are in a good spot. I'd rather be a 7 seed in our region than any of the other 3

Hawgndaaz

You can take this from a 50-year-old hog fan, we haven't seen the team , That’s about  to take to court against Butler, this is going to be Mike and Nolan 40 minutes of hell, I promise you nobody wants a part of the Razorbacks this time of year

what are the fixin? a flat tire? dinner?

GuvHog

You can take this from a 50-year-old hog fan, we haven't seen the team , That’s about  to take to court against Butler, this is going to be Mike and Nolan 40 minutes of hell, I promise you nobody wants a part of the Razorbacks this time of year

I believe the Hogs will win a couple of games if not more but if you have your heart set on seeing the return of "40 minutes of Hades" you're going to be very disappointed. They'll play up tempo as much as possible but the days of "40 minutes of hades" are long gone.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 14, 2018, 10:04:20 am
With one exception, when we play NC we get called for everything.
actually they didn't call hardly anything till the last 5 minutes, when they started to know they had to start calling so Arky wouldn't win
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 14, 2018, 10:43:44 am
I believe the Hogs will win a couple of games if not more but if you have your heart set on seeing the return of "40 minutes of Hades" you're going to be very disappointed. They'll play up tempo as much as possible but the days of "40 minutes of hades" are long gone.
ticky tack calls and tv timeouts are the only reason it's not coming back
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BigDrDon

My bracket has the porkers  making final 4 but running out of steam and losing to Duke.
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on March 14, 2018, 10:56:37 am
yawn....our bench is awful. even if we get by butler we arent beating purdue.
ive decided not to go to Sunday's game now

RazorNick

Quote from: BigDrDon on March 14, 2018, 10:58:53 am
My bracket has the porkers  making final 4 but running out of steam and losing to Duke.

I have them losing to Kansas in the Title game

KlubhouseKonnected

Yeah we are terrible. That's why we have 23 losses.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 14, 2018, 11:26:13 am
Yeah we are terrible. That's why we have 23 losses.

Yep, pretty bad year.  I was hoping to maybe make the NCAAT this year.......

GuvHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 14, 2018, 10:54:34 am
ticky tack calls and tv timeouts are the only reason it's not coming back

The main reasons are the added time outs and the hand checking rules. The hand check rules were added specifically to slow Nolan's defense down.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

AirWarren

Ohhhhhhhh lawd.

AirWarren

23 wins.

Another NCAAT birth.

Fire mike!!!!!

010HogFan

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Purdue ain't all that. Go watch tape on them. Slow as molasses, a team like ours could be their kryptonite.

OkieBack

Quote from: SemperFi on March 14, 2018, 10:14:26 am
I'm not going to be a naysayer, although I have been labeled as such due to my criticism of Mike Anderson. I sure hope that you guys are right and that this Razorback team makes some serious noise in the NCAAT. I'm still not firmly behind our HC, but I'm rooting for my Razorbacks and want them to succeed. The path does seem to be very favorable for the Hogs to make it to the Sweet 16 and that excites me. WPS!

The time for talkin' is over.  It's showtime and time to leave it all on the floor.  If we don't get intense defense from everyone and see each player a threat on the floor then we deserve to go home.  I think the Hogs are hungry though.  Very hungry.  It will be interesting to see how this team responds in the tournament play.  Personally I think they like their backs to the wall.  So let's see em go out and TCB.  This is their tournament to prove their worth. 

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

RebHog

Quote from: GuvHog on March 14, 2018, 01:07:02 pm
The main reasons are the added time outs and the hand checking rules. The hand check rules were added specifically to slow Nolan's defense down.

Yup hand checking is probably the biggest reason but also add the fact that more and more "bigs" are not stiffs and can actually dribble/pass to contribute breaking the press is why we will never see Nolan ball in its peak again may it RIP! I miss the times when the other team looked so helpless they didn't even want to be on the court. Some guards even seemed to avoid wanting the ball....priceless.

Capt. Hamm

That would be fun to see. Woo Pig!