Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a rip off

Started by jbigs77, March 03, 2018, 08:51:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 05, 2018, 09:10:07 am
"The term 'lottery pick' denotes a draft pick whose position is determined through the lottery, while the non-playoff teams involved in the process are often called 'lottery teams.'"

Picks 4-14 picks often change based on who "wins" the lottery and gets a top 3 pick, hence the term "lottery pick."

Again, wow.

So I'm Correct, the only actual lottery picks are the top Three picks, determined by the lottery of 14 teams in the lottery. So by your definition If the NBA changes the 1st round to include all teams in the Lottery then any pick in the first round would be a lottery pick, Correct.

steveaustin69

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2018, 09:13:43 am
So I'm Correct, the only actual lottery picks are the top Three picks, determined by the lottery of 14 teams in the lottery. So by your definition If the NBA changes the 1st round to include all teams in the Lottery then any pick in the first round would be a lottery pick, Correct.

Yes, that's correct. Then the entire first round would be a lottery pick.

Everyone abides by this definition, aside from you for some odd reason.

Scenario:
Team with 14th worst record wins the lottery. Spots 2 and 3 go to the 2nd and 3rd teams with the worst record. While team with the thirteenth worst record was not involved in the lottery balls, their draft pick position is affected by moving one down to 14th.

"The term "lottery pick" denotes a draft pick whose position is determined through the lottery"

Christ.

99toLife

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 05, 2018, 09:18:22 am
Yes, that's correct. It would then the entire first round would be a lottery pick.

Everyone abides by this definition, aside from you for some odd reason.

Scenario:
Team with 14th worst record wins the lottery. Spots 2 and 3 go to the 2nd and 3rd teams with the worst record. While team with the thirteenth worst record was not involved in the lottery balls, their draft pick position is affected by moving one down to 14th.

"The term "lottery pick" denotes a draft pick whose position is determined through the lottery"

Christ.

So if the three teams with the worst records of the 14 teams in the lottery end up getting the first three picks in the lottery, How did this Change the #10 team or the #8 team ?

I know what you are saying, but what if a player is projected at #30, Outside the Lottery Teams and the Lottery Team that wins the 1st pick takes him, he would be considered a lottery pick correct.  If you define anyone projected in the top 14 as a lottery pick, it would just be projecting a player to go to one of the 14 worst teams the previous year. the #10 pick would have NOTHING to do with the results of a Lottery.

steveaustin69

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2018, 09:28:51 am
So if the three teams with the worst records of the 14 teams in the lottery end up getting the first three picks in the lottery, How did this Change the #10 team or the #8 team ?

I know what you are saying, but what if a player is projected at #30, Outside the Lottery Teams and the Lottery Team that wins the 1st pick takes him, he would be considered a lottery pick correct.  If you define anyone projected in the top 14 as a lottery pick, it would just be projecting a player to go to one of the 14 worst teams the previous year. the #10 pick would have NOTHING to do with the results of a Lottery.

Yeah. what if.

The top 14 are the only picks that can be affected by the ping pong balls. Hence the term. If you would like to define lottery pick differently, that's fine. Your definition is wrong.

99toLife

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 05, 2018, 09:41:38 am
Yeah. what if.

The top 14 are the only picks that can be affected by the ping pong balls. Hence the term. If you would like to define lottery pick differently, that's fine. Your definition is wrong.

I'm good with it, we can move on.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 10:26:44 am
they may have done it while keeping us out. i guess it all depends on how many they take form the sec but i dont see them taking more then 5 hoping im wrong
Took 8 from SEC. You only missed it by a lot.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 11:37:37 am
the post was fine the quote was wrong. they are just a few reasons i have a hard time seeing more then 5-6 pulled from the sec.

Well we had 8 teams and at least the SEC started 5-0 in the NCAAT, of course we lost by 17pts to break that streak. Still got two more games today.

respirback

Don't blame the officials. If it was that bad our coach should have gotten a technical.  He's never that concerned