Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire Mike Anderson at end of season (got another year to wait)

Started by Mr. Porkleone, January 17, 2018, 08:03:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 11:07:09 am
problem is some fans are trying to pawn off a new normal on some fans.

this program should be top 3 in sec every year, and no lower than a 6th seed in the ncaa tournament.

that is not unrealistic

We finished second in SEC tournament play last year did we not ? Seeding isn't something the coach can control If they decide that the SEC is weak it hurts seeding. Even when its not. Pawn off a new normal ? What are you 12 ? Did you not watch the last 20 years ? The new normal is an improvement. Get real.

Kevin

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 11:09:39 am
We finished second in SEC tournament play last year did we not ? Seeding isn't something the coach can control If they decide that the SEC is weak it hurts seeding. Even when its not. Pawn off a new normal ? What are you 12 ? Did you not watch the last 20 years ? The new normal is an improvement. Get real.

no old timer. I was at the university when Sutton was in charge. When the expectations were winning the league, and moving past the opening weekend of the ncaa tournament.

not this lets be happy to get in twice in six years. and just being happy to get in.

if the expectations are just get in, then they should cut salaries, cut the budget. Cause they could do that spending a lot less money.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 11:14:27 am
no old timer. I was at the university when Sutton was in charge. When the expectations were winning the league, and moving past the opening weekend of the ncaa tournament.

not this lets be happy to get in twice in six years. and just being happy to get in.

if the expectations are just get in, then they should cut salaries, cut the budget. Cause they could do that spending a lot less money.

Senile it is then. The Bud has been selling out. Basketball in the old SWC days is nowhere near the same. Use your eyes. Sutton lost in the first round plenty. And not against teams like UNC in the second. I remember getting beat by Iowa in the first. And needing a prayer by Reid to get past Louisville only to get beat in the next round. Did Sutton ever win a championship ?

Nope. Stuff it.

Kevin

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 11:23:20 am
Senile it is then. The Bud has been selling out. Basketball in the old SWC days is nowhere near the same. Use your eyes. Sutton lost in the first round plenty. And not against teams like UNC in the second. I remember getting beat by Iowa in the first. And needing a prayer by Reid to get past Louisville only to get beat in the next round. Did Sutton ever win a championship ?

Nope. Stuff it.

how many championships has Anderson won as head coach?  how many final fours?

so you stuff it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 11:24:46 am

so you stuff it.

As many as your hero Sutton... Why not crawl to Kentucky with him ? Call it a business decision...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 11:24:46 am

so you stuff it.

Don't get trolled by a multiple ID poster. 

Parker:
Date Registered: January 14, 2018, 01:22:29 pmLocal Time:January 19, 2018, 11:30:41 amLast Active: Today at 11:29:22 am
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Kevin

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 19, 2018, 11:32:18 am

Parker:
Date Registered: January 14, 2018, 01:22:29 pmLocal Time:January 19, 2018, 11:30:41 amLast Active: Today at 11:29:22 am

got ya

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 19, 2018, 11:32:18 am

Parker:

Multiple ID poster ? So the guy supporting his team is the troll ? WOW.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 11:33:19 am
got ya

No you just can't take the truth. Sutton did not do any better than Mike in tournament play. In Sutton's 10th year he lost in the first round.. Should have fired him. It doesnt take ten years to do a rebuild. Thats how some of you sound.

Kevin

3 final fours
not counting the final four years 2 more elite eights
not counting the final four years or the elite eight years, 6 sweet 16's

yeah him and Anderson are the same.

plus, you are not accomplishing your objective of making me mad.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 11:39:12 am
3 final fours
not counting the final four years 2 more elite eights
not counting the final four years or the elite eight years, 6 sweet 16's

yeah him and Anderson are the same.

plus, you are not accomplishing your objective of making me mad.

Not trying to make you mad. Trying to get you to be objective. All of that but zero championships. Year ten booted in the first round. We should have run him off right ? I mean lost in the first round in year 10 ? After all it doesn't take ten years to rebuild a team ? If you ignore any success for one coach you have to do it for another.

I don't think you are objective at ALL.

jim683

before Sutton,  my uncle and I would walk up to the box office, buy tickets and sit almost anywhere we wanted.  A few years later, it was almost impossible to get a ticket.  Sutton helped the program a lot more than some people give him credit.  I didn't like how it ended, but he did make the program better

Kevin

by year 10 he had been in the final four & elite eight.

if Anderson had any of those on his Arkansas resume, then he is allowed one & done years

objective really?

11 years at Arkansas Sutton went to 9 ncaa tournament, only missed his first two years.

anderson in 6 years, has only been to the tournament twice.

so now go ahead tell me how bad of a situation anderson inherited.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 07:12:29 am
to all the Anderson loyalist, I have a question

if frank haith or john Thompson III was the coach at Arkansas and had these results in 6 1/2 years, would you feel they same way as you do now?

If the previous years were the same before he showed up then yes.  7 years out of 9 with losing records in conference compared to 1 year in the last 6 years( being the first year).
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 11:49:06 am
by year 10 he had been in the final four & elite eight.

if Anderson had any of those on his Arkansas resume, then he is allowed one & done years

objective really?

11 years at Arkansas Sutton went to 9 ncaa tournament, only missed his first two years.

anderson in 6 years, has only been to the tournament twice.

so now go ahead tell me how bad of a situation anderson inherited.

You brought it up bc you know its true. Like I said elsewhere. Lets see how the season ends. Then come back to this topic.

Kevin

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 12:09:05 pm
You brought it up bc you know its true. Like I said elsewhere. Lets see how the season ends. Then come back to this topic.

I brought it up because this is what the program can be. I can also bring up Nolan's record as well.

just tired of people coming on here and continuing to lower the expectations of this program.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 12:12:38 pm
I brought it up because this is what the program can be. I can also bring up Nolan's record as well.

just tired of people coming on here and continuing to lower the expectations of this program.

Let me tell you something. I am the LAST person on the planet who would lower expectations. The day Bielema was hired I cried. The day CBP was fired I cried. I care very deeply about OUR program. To me it boils down to this. There is more than one way to skin a cat. And a lot of our fans are stuck on Sutton and his way. And they see a team that plays fast and different and ASSUME there's no reasoning or coaching. And thats just not the case. We do not play street ball. At one point our turnover margin and our scoring was among the best in the conference.. THIS SEASON. That doesn't happen by accident.

I think we just disagree on the best way to get there. I like the style of play. I think it will take us further. I think young guys will want to play this style more once we make a good run in the tournament. And I don't think we are far from doing just that.

The last thing I want to do is start over and go back to 40 passes and a shot ball..

GuvHog

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 12:20:20 pm
Let me tell you something. I am the LAST person on the planet who would lower expectations. The day Bielema was hired I cried. The day CBP was fired I cried. I care very deeply about OUR program. To me it boils down to this. There is more than one way to skin a cat. And a lot of our fans are stuck on Sutton and his way. And they see a team that plays fast and different and ASSUME there's no reasoning or coaching. And thats just not the case. We do not play street ball. At one point our turnover margin and our scoring was among the best in the conference.. THIS SEASON. That doesn't happen by accident.

I think we just disagree on the best way to get there. I like the style of play. I think it will take us further. I think young guys will want to play this style more once we make a good run in the tournament. And I don't think we are far from doing just that.

The last thing I want to do is start over and go back to 40 passes and a shot ball..

Frankly, I don't care what style of basketball the team plays. I just want them to WIN.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: GuvHog on January 19, 2018, 12:26:21 pm
Frankly, I don't care what style of basketball the team plays. I just want them to WIN.

Well sorry, its basketball NOT football. No team wins them all. 12-6 isn't garbage.

GuvHog

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 12:28:17 pm
Well sorry, its basketball NOT football. No team wins them all. 12-6 isn't garbage.

I agree 12-6 isn't garbage, but 2-4 is.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Kevin

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 12:20:20 pm

there is shot clock, so you cannot make 40 passes in today's game.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: GuvHog on January 19, 2018, 12:38:51 pm
I agree 12-6 isn't garbage, but 2-4 is.

I have already conceded that Mike's teams seem to always struggle to get used to the physicality and the officiating in the SEC early. It will get better.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 01:00:52 pm
there is shot clock, so you cannot make 40 passes in today's game.

Wouldn't matter. In todays game if you get an open look you better take it.

hogsanity

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 01:06:27 pm
Wouldn't matter. In todays game if you get an open look you better take it.

Wish Hog players would do that instead of dribbling for 27 seconds then jacking desperation 3's or circus shots in the lane.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Paul

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 01:05:41 pm
I have already conceded that Mike's teams seem to always struggle to get used to the physicality and the officiating in the SEC early. It will get better.
Why do you say this?  There is nothing in the last 7 years that would lead me to believe this. 

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Paul on January 19, 2018, 05:03:45 pm
Why do you say this?  There is nothing in the last 7 years that would lead me to believe this.

Seriously ? Did we not show improvement the first 4 years or so ? With win totals increasing with every new season ? Then with the early departure of both MQ and Portis we had a 16-16 season. But other than that once again since that time we have steadily improved. If we had been rightfully awarded an NCAA bid during that 22 win season we would have 3 tournament bids in 6 years.

Thats a massive improvement over the last 20 seasons. Also things were going bad last year as well. And Mike turned it around. So to say that there is NOTHING to make you believe it can get better makes you sound like someone with a negative agenda.

Paul

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 05:09:40 pm

Seriously ? Did we not show improvement the first 4 years or so ? With win totals increasing with every new season ? Then with the early departure of both MQ and Portis we had a 16-16 season. But other than that once again since that time we have steadily improved. If we had been rightfully awarded an NCAA bid during that 22 win season we would have 3 tournament bids in 6 years.

Thats a massive improvement over the last 20 seasons. Also things were going bad last year as well. And Mike turned it around. So to say that there is NOTHING to make you believe it can get better makes you sound like someone with a negative agenda.
my response was directed at your assertion that we have difficulty dealing with the physicality & SEC refs.  Don't change the narrative & then start attacking me.  Just answer my question as it applies to your assertion...if you can.  Maybe it would help to re-read your post to which I replied.   

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Paul on January 19, 2018, 05:17:41 pm
my response was directed at your assertion that we have difficulty dealing with the physicality & SEC refs.  Don't change the narrative & then start attacking me.  Just answer my question as it applies to your assertion...if you can.  Maybe it would help to re-read your post to which I replied.

Very well. I believe that the  only way THAT will change is if we just have almost Kentucky type talent. But due to the fact that we have responded and met the challenge every year but one so far. I just trust we will do it again this year. I butchered that. But you get it. Oh and I don't feel like I attacked you. I just disagreed. Sorry if I attacked you. It wasn't my goal.

Fair enough ?

Snouty

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 11:03:52 am
It hasn't !! You are ignoring every bit of success we have had in the last 7 years. MQ,Portis, NCAA tournament appearances. Some of you act like we haven't played a single post season game. What the heck is your definition of rebuild ? The final four every year ?

The problem here is fans with unrealistic expectations.

Once in a while I'd like to see the Razorbacks get to the Sweet 16!

Knot2brite

All that crying about CBB being hired and the human waste dump petrino being fired is exactly how I felt when MA was hired. I didn't want him when he was hired but I played along and didn't scream or hollar too much until last year...then he went to the tourney and I truly expected them to show signs of improvement. They did right up to the point of the start of sec play ....and this is not the same team and they look lost and hopeless...and I have seen that before ...and I am tired of it...sweet 16 is probably the high point with MA and that is with his best recruiting class and some luck...not good enough. I grew up as a kid with Sutton and he was consistent in getting to the tourney but by the end he was burned out here and needed to go...Nolan kept up the tradition of going but he had IT and we won lots and a championship until he got burned out and when Nolan burned out so did the flame of Arkansas basketball. MA isn't the answer and all we are doing is spinning our wheels with a tribute band rather than a new venue....time to roll a new band out ...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Paul

January 19, 2018, 07:56:39 pm #80 Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:20:17 pm by Paul
Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 05:21:29 pm
Very well. I believe that the  only way THAT will change is if we just have almost Kentucky type talent. But due to the fact that we have responded and met the challenge every year but one so far. I just trust we will do it again this year. I butchered that. But you get it. Oh and I don't feel like I attacked you. I just disagreed. Sorry if I attacked you. It wasn't my goal.

Fair enough
well I was asking why you thought we'd be better at dealing with physical play & SEC refs. I took the fact that you deemed me as having a "negative  attitude" solely based on my question qualifies as a personal attack.

Pork Twain

January 20, 2018, 06:28:31 am #81 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:34:31 am by Pork Twain
It hasn't !! You are ignoring every bit of success we have had in the last 7 years. MQ,Portis, NCAA tournament appearances. Some of you act like we haven't played a single post season game. What the heck is your definition of rebuild ? The final four every year ?

Sorry but I graduated from HS in 94, I know what respectable teams look like and MA is not the coach to get us there, as he continues to show.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 20, 2018, 06:28:31 am
Sorry but I graduated from HS in 94, I know what respectable teams look like and MA is not the coach to get us there, as he continues to show.

so, 23 years since you graduated, how many respectable teams have the Hogs had in those 23 years?.. by your definition...

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 20, 2018, 08:58:25 am
so, 23 years since you graduated, how many respectable teams have the Hogs had in those 23 years?.. by your definition...

Should be just two. The 1995 team and 96.  After that we didn't make the tournament. Lost in the 2nd round 2 times then lost in the first round 2 times. After those years we didn't get in for 4 years. Then we lost in the first round 2 times with Heath and then lost in the second round with Pelphrey. We didn't get in again for 6 years. Then we lost in the third round with Anderson and then not make it back the next year. Last year we lost in second round and now we are at this year. 

So by his standards I guess we only had 2 teams since he graduated that were "respectable".

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Kevin on January 19, 2018, 11:07:09 am
problem is some fans are trying to pawn off a new normal on some fans.

this program should be top 3 in sec every year, and no lower than a 6th seed in the ncaa tournament.

that is not unrealistic
agree completely but to do that, Mike cannot continually lose the best prospects in the state like Monk or Allen and then settle for whats left.  Yes, I know the Monk situation and Mike did get hosed by the Monk brothers, but the point is still that although UA cant get every SEC caliber bball recruit, they should get the best ones then dip into TEX and get one from time to time out of Memphis.  Memphis is wide open as long as Tubby Smith is still the coach there.

The point is that Ark should be every bit as good as Florida every year.  Not going to eclipse KY every year but should be competitive with them and should be top 3 in the conference most years.  The facilities are top notch.  The program basically has the whole state behind it.  Hogs should be in NCAA 4 of 5 years no matter what.  That is what Eddie and Nolan built and it should be that way again.

Earlier in this thread, someone posted that Mike's incoming class with 6 signees is ranked only #27 nationally.  Is that right?  If that is so, Mike's recruiting is NOT going the way I thought it was.  27th???  Thats pitiful considering the history and pedigree of Arkansas basketball.

Personally, I think we should take a Brinks truck and go to Wichita, KS and back it up on Gregg Marshall's lawn and just dump out however much cash he wants, but I know that wont happen and with all the buying out the Razorback Foundation has been doing, Im afraid Mike is here for a while.  (when does his contract expire?)

Nevertheless, final four every year is unrealistic, but NCAA tournament most every year and a sweet sixteen or 2 every 5 years is NOT unrealistic.  Its happened here before. It can happen again with the right guy leading the way.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Paul on January 19, 2018, 07:56:39 pm
well I was asking why you thought we'd be better at dealing with physical play & SEC refs. I took the fact that you deemed me as having a "negative  attitude" solely based on my question qualifies as a personal attack.

Again I said it was NOT my intention to attack. I was tired and misread your post. Once someone apologizes why keep going ?

hamARchy in the USA

The disastrous JohnWhiteJeffLong era won't be behind us until the StanHeathJohnPelphreyMikeAnderson era is disposed of.

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteHiggiePiggie

We just have a lot of babies on this site that really dislike Anderson and want him fired every year after every game and it's been going on since year 1. Yes he has some real crappy games and it is old seeing us be up and down.

To me it's about making the tournament so if he does that then it means we have a chance to win it all.  Will we win it all probably not, but the goal is being a yearly team in the NCAA tournament. Then it's contending and getting deep into the tournament.

The guy has been here now 7 years. Yes it sucks we only have 2 appearances, but the program is in a far better position now to possibly take the next step to being that yearly team and more. Considering we were a terrible program for about a decade before he showed up.

This is a good example of most of the pro Mike Anderson posters not being very informed and/or showing an inability to draw logical conclusions from the information they have.  This tends to happen more frequently when you are attempting to defend a bad decision.

Higgie actually contradicts herself within her own post by making the argument that making the tournament is the most important aspect that a head coach should be judged on.  Can't really disagree with that.

But then she goes on to point out that MA has only made the tournament 2 out of 6 attempts (33%) here at Arkansas while characterizing the nine seasons before Mike as a time when we were a "terrible program" in basketball.  Again I tend to agree.

In those nine years, we made the NCAA tournament 3 out of 9 times, or (33%).

Look familiar Higgie?

Did this exercise help you to spot the bias in your post?

Glad this baby could help.

President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 20, 2018, 09:24:03 am
Should be just two. The 1995 team and 96.  After that we didn't make the tournament. Lost in the 2nd round 2 times then lost in the first round 2 times. After those years we didn't get in for 4 years. Then we lost in the first round 2 times with Heath and then lost in the second round with Pelphrey. We didn't get in again for 6 years. Then we lost in the third round with Anderson and then not make it back the next year. Last year we lost in second round and now we are at this year. 

So by his standards I guess we only had 2 teams since he graduated that were "respectable".

Making the tournament is respectable..

Paul

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 10:15:08 am
Again I said it was NOT my intention to attack. I was tired and misread your post. Once someone apologizes why keep going ?
because you still didn't answer the question. But I'll let it go. I'm a Hog fan & will always root for them

hogfan10

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 11:34:27 am
No you just can't take the truth. Sutton did not do any better than Mike in tournament play. In Sutton's 10th year he lost in the first round.. Should have fired him. It doesnt take ten years to do a rebuild. Thats how some of you sound.

Did Sutton not go to the Final Four with Arkansas? Did he not win multiple conference championships (in a conference tougher than the current and recent past SEC)? Did 66 teams get invited to the tournament when Sutton was coaching Arkansas? Sutton is without a doubt one of the two best coaches ever at Arkansas, and whoever #3 is, isn't close. He's also in the College Basketball HOF.

pigture perfect

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 11:28:16 am
As many as your hero Sutton... Why not crawl to Kentucky with him ? Call it a business decision...
When did Mike go to a final 4? You are being unrealistic in your expectations of Mike, not of the team or history.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 20, 2018, 12:27:46 pm
When did Mike go to a final 4? You are being unrealistic in your expectations of Mike, not of the team or history.

RECENT history. NOT ancient history. There's a difference.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 20, 2018, 12:08:44 pm
Did Sutton not go to the Final Four with Arkansas? Did he not win multiple conference championships (in a conference tougher than the current and recent past SEC)? Did 66 teams get invited to the tournament when Sutton was coaching Arkansas? Sutton is without a doubt one of the two best coaches ever at Arkansas, and whoever #3 is, isn't close. He's also in the College Basketball HOF.

Sutton coached in a different time. All of this AAU crap wasn't the problem it is today. Sure Eddie is a HOF coach. But Mike is far from chopped liver. Has he made a final four ? Not yet. Does that mean he wont ? Well maybe if he gets a bracket where he doesnt have to go through UNC in the second round. There is something to be said for getting the right matchups in that thing.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Paul on January 20, 2018, 11:23:01 am
because you still didn't answer the question. But I'll let it go. I'm a Hog fan & will always root for them

Yes I did. Go back and read. I said when we start having Kentucky caliber talent then the start of conference play woes will improve.

pigture perfect

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 12:49:40 pm
RECENT history. NOT ancient history. There's a difference.
no, you said Mike has done what Sutton has done. Caught you in a fib.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HiggiePiggy

Yes coaches are judged on the tournament in my opinion, but I am not stupid to see how the program was when he took over. We give head coaches in football a couple of years to change the program and turn it around and that is what Mike Anderson has done and is possibly making a 3rd tournament in 4 years. AND AGAIN IF HE DOESN'T make the tournament this year he SHOULD BE FIRED. I have said that many times also. This team is a tournament team.

Also I am a man. Not a woman. 

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 20, 2018, 12:59:00 pm
no, you said Mike has done what Sutton has done. Caught you in a fib.

Nope. The goalpost was championships(National). And what I said was that Mike has won as many as Sutton did here.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 20, 2018, 01:13:32 pm
Yes coaches are judged on the tournament in my opinion, but I am not stupid to see how the program was when he took over. We give head coaches in football a couple of years to change the program and turn it around and that is what Mike Anderson has done and is possibly making a 3rd tournament in 4 years. AND AGAIN IF HE DOESN'T make the tournament this year he SHOULD BE FIRED. I have said that many times also. This team is a tournament team.

Also I am a man. Not a woman.

Well said. SIR.

Hogz87

By year seven, at a program with our potential, you expect to be an essential lock for the NCAA tournament every year.  I understand the occasional outlier season where things like injuries and locker room turmoil derail a season, but right now we're looking at 7-years of Mike Anderson as our head coach and a whopping TWO NCAA tournament appearances.  Arkansas basketball should be in the NCAA tournament more than once every 3-4 years.

I don't have delusions of grandeur.  I don't expect Nolan Richardson levels of sustained success.  However, I do expect that by year seven of a coach's tenure, we shouldn't still be trying to make the NCAA tournament two years in a row for the first time.