Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transfers

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, January 11, 2018, 07:42:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2018, 08:05:25 am
Heck, Bielema called these same players out last year in a press conference.

He did call guys out. Man Bielema's last year got weird

FANONTHEHILL

I live about 8 hours away or I wouldn't have any issue doing so. Now I won't post their names on a message board out of respect.

But, the players I'm thinking about have already been passed up by younger guys on the roster. Heck, Bielema called these same players out last year in a press conference.

If Bielema called them out in a press conference, then you can all them out on a message board. Who are they?  That wouldn't be player bashing, that would be quoting a coach.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

King Kong

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 08:13:24 am
If Bielema called them out in a press conference, then you can all them out on a message board. Who are they?  That wouldn't be player bashing, that would be quoting a coach.

It was a general call out that the older guys were going to get passed by the incoming class. I'll like the press as soon as I find it.

ricepig

I live about 8 hours away or I wouldn't have any issue doing so. Now I won't post their names on a message board out of respect.

But, the players I'm thinking about have already been passed up by younger guys on the roster. Heck, Bielema called these same players out last year in a press conference.

You can make it in 8 hours, come on, no need to hide..

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2018, 08:23:25 am
It was a general call out that the older guys were going to get passed by the incoming class. I'll like the press as soon as I find it.

Was it a "general call out", or do you have a list of 5-7?  Which is it?
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

racinghog

Quote from: AP85 on January 15, 2018, 08:32:45 am
lol.

Take it easy Daddy.
He is right though and you would be too.

AirWarren

Quote from: racinghog on January 15, 2018, 08:38:42 am
He is right though and you would be too.

Why? Because I think some of the players from the left over regime should probably transfer?

This isn't personal but I'm ready for some wins.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: AP85 on January 15, 2018, 08:32:45 am
lol.

Take it easy Daddy.

Please don't call me daddy.  I respect the two who call me daddy. 

King Kong

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 08:31:20 am
Was it a "general call out", or do you have a list of 5-7?  Which is it?

The list of 5-7 fit the criteria give in Bielema's call out. Players than had been there at least 3 Fall camps and are being passed by younger players.

5-7 my opinion of how fits that criteria, give by a HC and former HC of this team.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2018, 08:45:14 am
The list of 5-7 fit the criteria give in Bielema's call out. Players than had been there at least 3 Fall camps and are being passed by younger players.

5-7 my opinion of how fits that criteria, give by a HC and former HC of this team.

Yet you won't say who they are? 

King Kong

January 15, 2018, 09:11:23 am #110 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:24:21 am by King Kong
As I said I wouldn't name names on a message board out of respect. So I will try it this way.

DB from a state south of us that is going into his 4 year on campus not in the 2 deep. A DL going into his 5 year with less than 10 career tackles. A LB from south of us going into his 3rd year on campus not in the 2 deep and behind 2 other LB with same eligibility remaining. A will be senior backup OL that wasn't in 2 deep end of last year. A QB and the possibility 2 others at a position that likely won't be used as much now. Assuming they can't transition to another position.

Pressed appears to be 7-31-17. People took it as a shot a Pettway. Bielema in another presser later said it wasn't directed at him.

I understand you see this kids regularly and because of that you take this personal. But kids also want a place to play. Playing at this level only comes once for a lot of these kids and once it's gone it's gone.

jkstock04

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 07:59:41 am
Go to campus.  Tell the players face to face they don't belong.  They will be at the Smith Center 4pm today.  Or hide behind a keyboard like a coward. Your  call.
Doesn't seem to smart to go on the internet and specifically call for physical violence among fans vs players. Posts like this do appear on here on occasion though. I've always wondered why people would want for something like this to happen.

You give the time and place online where they will be and suggest (to who knows who) to go and start a physical confrontation. You have no idea who you are talking to...what if who you suggest this to is a raving lunatic and follows
through with your dare? Worse shows up with a gun or something crazy?

I've just never understood this type of stuff...and in this particular case you are giving locations and times. Legality implications on your end if something were to happen wouldn't be too fun.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

King Kong

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 15, 2018, 09:23:29 am
Doesn't seem to smart to go on the internet and specifically call for physical violence among fans vs players. Posts like this do appear on here on occasion though. I've always wondered why people would want for something like this to happen.

You give the time and place online where they will be and suggest (to who knows who) to go and start a physical confrontation. You have no idea who you are talking to...what if who you suggest this to is a raving lunatic and follows
through with your dare? Worse shows up with a gun or something crazy?

I've just never understood this type of stuff...and in this particular case you are giving locations and times. Legality implications on your end if something were to happen wouldn't be too fun.

No doubt I'm freaking nuts

Lao Tsuie

Saban ran off round about 30 scholarship players his first year-eighteen months. It was a shock when he took out all those flat screens and put barrels on the sidelines and ran them until ...
Anyway it looks from the outside that Coach Morris is a hard driver, much more than they were used to.

Stands to reason some won't want to change.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2018, 09:11:23 am
As I said I wouldn't name names on a message board out of respect. So I will try it this way.

DB from a state south of us that is going into his 4 year on campus not in the 2 deep. A DL going into his 5 year with less than 10 career tackles. A LB from south of us going into his 3rd year on campus not in the 2 deep and behind 2 other LB with same eligibility remaining. A will be senior backup OL that wasn't in 2 deep end of last year. A QB and the possibility 2 others at a position that likely won't be used as much now. Assuming they can't transition to another position.

Pressed appears to be 7-31-17. People took it as a shot a Pettway. Bielema in another presser later said it wasn't directed at him.

I understand you see this kids regularly and because of that you take this personal. But kids also want a place to play. Playing at this level only comes once for a lot of these kids and once it's gone it's gone.

Had you posted from the beginning that "players that have not seen the field and/or were likely not going to see the field might be happier at a different school", I wouldn't have gotten upset.  That's part of college football. Your wording of "I have a list for the coach of 5-7 players that would be happier with the change" was taken by me as a shot against the players.  Likely because it was matched with he statement from AP85 who is always against the players.  I will give you that you are absolutely correct that some players would be happier where their playing time would increase.  I apologize if I misinterpreted your intent. 

FANONTHEHILL

King Kong

January 15, 2018, 09:41:27 am #116 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:53:11 am by King Kong
Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 09:36:03 am
Had you posted from the beginning that "players that have not seen the field and/or were likely not going to see the field might be happier at a different school", I wouldn't have gotten upset.  That's part of college football. Your wording of "I have a list of 5-7 players that would be happier with the change" was taken by me as a shot against the players.  Likely because it was matched with he statement from AP85 who is always against the players.  I will give you that you are absolutely correct that some players would be happier where their playing time would increase.  I apologize if I misinterpreted your intent.

I apologize that I didn't relay my original post as I intended. Causing confusion

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2018, 09:41:27 am
I apologize that I didn't relay my original post as I intended causing confusion

I apologize for being an ass about the whole thing.  Sent you a PM saying as such.  It's the problem with texts and message boards.  Can't pick up the tone of what's trying to be stared.  Mine was clear in my reply, I'm a jerk.  Have a good day.

AirWarren

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 08:43:01 am
Please don't call me daddy.  I respect the two who call me daddy.

Ok.

jgphillips3

Look, we all know FOTH's son is on the team and that he is close to these kids.  However, I think we also know not all of these kids recruited for Bielema ball are going to fit "Hammerdown".  It's just not rational to think they all will fit the new system.  Morris seems like a nice guy.  I don't think he will ruthlessly cull people like Saban, but, I think he will honestly set down with the players after the evaluations Coach Tru was talking about and tell some of them that he can help them find a place to play that fits their skill set and opens up scholarships for kids that do fit.  This would be good for the kid and good for us; the kid gets to play and we get someone who might contribute.  I know sometimes people are more crass about it, but really, in every transition there is some attrition that is healthy for both sides.

jkstock04

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2018, 09:30:25 am
No doubt I'm freaking nuts
You may laugh but this is the internet...most of the time you have no clue who you are conversing with.

It was recently brought to my attention there was a guy on here who evidently truly does have some serious mental issues including some sort of wild dissociative identity disorder...and not the funny skandar Johnson/Randy beaver kind. We are talking for real mentally disturbed. Was kind of an eye opener to me.

Just something to keep in mind when conversing with people on the internet.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

AirWarren

Nowhere did I call out any player, bash any player. All I said was I hope some kids transfer. New mentality. New mindset. Time to change the process and some of those kids won't fit the bill.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 15, 2018, 09:44:20 am
Look, we all know FOTH's son is on the team and that he is close to these kids.  However, I think we also know not all of these kids recruited for Bielema ball are going to fit "Hammerdown".  It's just not rational to think they all will fit the new system.  Morris seems like a nice guy.  I don't think he will ruthlessly cull people like Saban, but, I think he will honestly set down with the players after the evaluations Coach Tru was talking about and tell some of them that he can help them find a place to play that fits their skill set and opens up scholarships for kids that do fit.  This would be good for the kid and good for us; the kid gets to play and we get someone who might contribute.  I know sometimes people are more crass about it, but really, in every transition there is some attrition that is healthy for both sides.

Since I'm through being an ass and this is back to football talk, I'll share this.  There is a reason that the last staff failed and fortunately, it's the same reason that the transition may not take as long as many think especially in offense.

There was a huge disconnect among the previous staff.  Go back to the beginning with Chaney anf Pittman.  Huge hulking lineman and power running.  It worked with guys Luke Tretola and Kirkland.  350LB road graders.  When Enos came on board, the recruiting and training shift was to more mobile, athletic OLinemen.  The playbook's next chapter was opened at practice.  He Central Michigan offense of Dan Enos was coming.  It never got here.  They continued to run the same power, but with an OL that weighed less than 320 per man.  It's simple physics.  350 pushes better than 315.  They adapted half way and failed.  The current OL is a better fit for this system.  Shotgun, movement, ball out quick.  He four freshman from last year Clenin, Wagner, Adcock and Clary (who should have redshirted) will thrive.  Get some size of Wallace and Gibson and they will do well as well.  Up front, the job gets easier and the players were already being conditioned for this system, it just wasn't installed as it should have been.  Coach Fry will gave this Oline ready and he, Morris,  Craddock, and Carroll are all on the same page.  That hasn't been the case recently.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 15, 2018, 09:48:48 am
You may laugh but this is the internet...most of the time you have no clue who you are conversing with.

It was recently brought to my attention there was a guy on here who evidently truly does have some serious mental issues including some sort of wild dissociative identity disorder...and not the funny skandar Johnson/Randy beaver kind. We are talking for real mentally disturbed. Was kind of an eye opener to me.

Don't call me Francis.  I'll kill ya!   >:(

jkstock04

Quote from: AP85 on January 15, 2018, 09:45:31 am
Exactly.

Calling out internet tough guys by being an internet tough always seems rich to me.

If he is going to get on here and ride the coat tail of his son on the team, then he better grow some thick skin. Especially when or if his son touches the field. This place will not be friendly, sadly.
The Bielema era at Arkansas will go down as (among other things) a culture of being big, slow, and soft. Looks to me like Morris is going to be almost the complete opposite of that.

I'll be surprised if the defection numbers of those possibly a bit institutionalized by the Bielema era aren't higher than average.

I don't see that as a shot at the players...if anything it's a shot at Bielema not having these guys prepared for what ought to be anyways.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 15, 2018, 09:57:46 am
Don't call me Francis.  I'll kill ya!   >:(

How about Maggott?

kaki

Quote from: AP85 on January 15, 2018, 08:41:03 am
Why? Because I think some of the players from the left over regime should probably transfer?

This isn't personal but I'm ready for some wins.
It may not be personal in your opinion, but not sure you get to determine what is or is not personal.  It is probably personal to those kids who made the choice to attend the University on scholarship and now do not measure up to certain fans.

FANONTHEHILL

January 15, 2018, 10:14:28 am #127 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:52:37 am by FANONTHEHILL
Quote from: jkstock04 on January 15, 2018, 09:59:12 am
The Bielema era at Arkansas will go down as (among other things) a culture of being big, slow, and soft. Looks to me like Morris is going to be almost the complete opposite of that.

I'll be surprised if the defection numbers of those possibly a bit institutionalized by the Bielema era aren't higher than average.

I don't see that as a shot at the players...if anything it's a shot at Bielema not having these guys prepared for what ought to be anyways.

Again, related to my post above.  Yet another reason the previous staff failed is the fact that NO ONE plays "power I" football anymore.  These guys had to be trained to play under Center, pro set, play acation football.  They will be going back to what they ran in high school.   They are eager for change.  I believe that the second half collapses were not from fatigue.  They were mental.  No changes at halftime and a system that the players knew wasn't going to work for 4 quarters.  We as fans were upset with last season.  The players were upset as well, but more than that, they were embarrassed.  That's why I think the attrition rate will be lower than many think.  Some yes, but not as high as you may think.

hobhog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 09:50:43 am
Since I'm through being an ass and this is back to football talk, I'll share this.  There is a reason that the last staff failed and fortunately, it's the same reason that the transition may not take as long as many think especially in offense.

There was a huge disconnect among the previous staff.  Go back to the beginning with Chaney anf Pittman.  Huge hulking lineman and power running.  It worked with guys Luke Tretola and Kirkland.  350LB road graders.  When Enos came on board, the recruiting and training shift was to more mobile, athletic OLinemen.  The playbook's next chapter was opened at practice.  He Central Michigan offense of Dan Enos was coming.  It never got here.  They continued to run the same power, but with an OL that weighed less than 320 per man.  It's simple physics.  350 pushes better than 315.  They adapted half way and failed.  The current OL is a better fit for this system.  Shotgun, movement, ball out quick.  He four freshman from last year Clenin, Wagner, Adcock and Clary (who should have redshirted) will thrive.  Get some size of Wallace and Gibson and they will do well as well.  Up front, the job gets easier and the players were already being conditioned for this system, it just wasn't installed as it should have been.  Coach Fry will gave this Oline ready and he, Morris,  Craddock, and Carroll are all on the same page.  That hasn't been the case recently.

I think you are correct. Coach B lost his identity when Enos showed up. Hope your right about the remaining Olinemen.

And it will be interesting to see what Enos does at UM. They tend to recruit road graders too....

EastexHawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 15, 2018, 06:48:44 am
You have to understand that ETH is an avid Petrino supporter. He takes all criticism of that transition to equal somehow that Petrino couldn't recruit. He's blinded by protectionist rage. Your points, no matter how valid, will thud against his forehead without any penetration. You may even show him how it's not directly Petrino's fault, but someone will come behind you with a pic of Petrino in that neck brace and just piss him off again pays really close attention, has an exceptional memory, knows how to actually look things up if he doesn't remember them explicitly, knows the difference between fact and opinion, doesn't JMSU, and corrects people who do. 

He also tried to tell everyone for years that Jeff Long was a football idiot and a farce who was destroying Arkansas sports, that we doomed ourselves to a self imposed death penalty when we fired Petrino and hired John L. Smith, and that Bielema was a blowhard who was in over his head as an SEC head coach.  None of that was popular, but the truth is the truth whether it is positive, negative, or neutral.

There, now it's accurate.

Tick Hog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 09:50:43 am

Thanks for what you bring to the board and I completely agree with this. You can't develop and recruit a certain way and not be all in and expect the old style to be successful. I think it was obvious that we had a major identity crisis. It's just a guess on my part but I would think that when things started going south BB stepped in and said let's get back to in his mind what we do best. Problem was that wasn't on page with Enos and not what the team was built for. Of course I could be dead wrong

Lao Tsuie

Good comments. I had a "pause and reflect" moment w Coach B. as he described the mesh between him and his (awesome) run-game knowledge and Chaney with his great passing-game skills. It was like the two of them pushing toward the middle would make the "ship go straight".

Sounded great in theory assuming both hands are equal and firmly on the wheel.

nwahogfan1

January 15, 2018, 01:02:30 pm #132 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:39:33 pm by nwahogfan1
Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 15, 2018, 09:44:20 am

I agree. 

There will be some who do not want to stay because they want to get on the field so Morris will find them another College to best suit their ability.  I saw on another site where about 20 of our ex players signed by Beliema in past years were now playing down a division but were not setting it on fire even at a lower level.  I guess Beliema missed on those kids and their will be more.  Plus we now have some who will not fit our new scheme or do not like the new staff.  No problem.   I hate if for the kids who will be asked to transfer for whatever reason but that is part of it but I think if they use if properly then it will work out for the best.

Al Boarland

Quote from: 12247 on January 14, 2018, 06:28:11 pm
Seriously pointing out how many 2013 players were not prepared for starting has merit. 

Now, exactly how many players available to start the 2018 season are READY.  As far as appearing to know what to do, none of the O-linemen appear to KNOW what to do.  The TEs have not excelled in the past so will they in 2018.  We have a regressed RB in Whaley.  Will that turn around or is that just what he did and no correction.  Who on D has shown that they can and will play SEC ball in 2018.

If all you had to go on was past performance, we might have 6 players on the entire team that you could rest assured are ready, willing and able to play SEC level football.  Honestly, I am not sure I can name 6.  One Guy I believe in is Pulley, but what if he doesn't come back from the injury for example.  And Agim, most believe he can trim up here, strength up there and smart up over there and make a serious hand, but can he???  MINDSET for 2018, the biggest problem with our team.  When many, many players show regression from their freshman to their sophmore years, somehow, these players are not getting the education necessary to go forth better.  Think Whaley.

In a lot of these optimistic scenarios the assumption is everyone will take a step forward. That is not likely to happen.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 15, 2018, 01:08:43 pm
In a lot of these optimistic scenarios the assumption is everyone will take a step forward. That is not likely to happen.

I always like to point to the other side if the coin and will here as well.  A lot of these guys are hungry.  Many will be excited to see a new staff with no preconceived notions of who they are and what they can do.  There are no favorites. Everyone is at square one. Those on the roster that have a point to prove and those that choose to take on that challenge will stay.  I do agree, some will choose to move on and all we can do is wish them the best.  But the key is that the players and staff make that determination, not people in a message board.

Lao Tsuie

"You may be on the right track and still get run over if you just sit there."

WRogers

And I really don't know how this applies but anyway.

bennyl08

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 14, 2018, 09:10:52 pm
You could call for Morris to be fired?

Who are you, Jerry or Jesus?

Anybody can call for Morris to be fired.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

parallaxpig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 13, 2018, 10:22:51 am
Johnathan Nance has transferred

Any confirmation on Nance or any other player who hasn't enrolled for spring semester?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

sowmonella

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 15, 2018, 07:16:33 pm
Any confirmation on Nance or any other player who hasn't enrolled for spring semester?

Post was a mistake. He's NOT transferring.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Wooderson

January 16, 2018, 02:51:00 pm #139 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:17:26 pm by Wooderson
Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 09:42:38 am
I apologize for being an ass about the whole thing.  Sent you a PM saying as such.  It's the problem with texts and message boards.  Can't pick up the tone of what's trying to be stared.  Mine was clear in my reply, I'm a jerk.  Have a good day.

NM
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Hogtimes

January 16, 2018, 03:32:48 pm #140 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:52:51 pm by Hogtimes
Quote from: OLEJACKETFAN on January 11, 2018, 04:58:42 pm
Coach Morris and his Staff will out work anyone Arkansas has ever had! Tremendous energy and passion!

I am not sure how you know  this......but I will take your word for it.    Personally I do not know much about the individual work habits of the coaches on this staff,  or all of those in the past.

Hogtimes

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 11, 2018, 08:28:46 pm
No where He graduates in May!

Lots of players graduate and still play....does he have eligibility left.

urkillnmesmalls

January 16, 2018, 03:57:39 pm #142 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:11:23 pm by urkillnmesmalls
Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 15, 2018, 10:14:28 am
Again, related to my post above.  Yet another reason the previous staff failed is the fact that NO ONE plays "power I" football anymore.  These guys had to be trained to play under Center, pro set, play acation football.  They will be going back to what they ran in high school.   They are eager for change.  I believe that the second half collapses were not from fatigue.  They were mental.  No changes at halftime and a system that the players knew wasn't going to work for 4 quarters.  We as fans were upset with last season.  The players were upset as well, but more than that, they were embarrassed.  That's why I think the attrition rate will be lower than many think.  Some yes, but not as high as you may think.

TOTALLY agree on the Power I comment.  I never heard anything on the NC telecast, or afterward, but on the last snap of the game Saban ran Hurts out there.  It wasn't because it was a tribute, or anything like that.  I'm betting it was because Tua hasn't had significant time taking a direct snap from center, and there's no reason to risk a bad shotgun snap that could result in a fumble.  So....they ran Hurts out there.  I recall that being an issue with TW when he first got to campus from Greenwood.   

The fundamentals that are worked on when taking the snap directly are completely different.  You work hard on 3 step, 5 step, and even on the quick single step back WR quick hitters.  The footwork is critical, and you lose some time to survey the field.

That is a LOT more to learn for a QB coming from a HS that ran strictly spread shotgun style offenses than most people realize. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

rzrbkman

Quote from: Hogtimes on January 16, 2018, 03:39:49 pm
Lots of players graduate and still play....does he have eligibility left.

Yes, he has 2 years to play his senior year.

sickboy

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 15, 2018, 09:48:48 am

Hogville and anonymous posting on the internet is like cocaine for someone with dissociative personality disorders.