Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs are playing tough teams...

Started by synthartist69, January 07, 2018, 01:11:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

I hate that we have lost the last two, but we are playing some really good teams. I think we will bounce back. GO HOGS!

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Hogwild

ICEman

The SEC is tough and the Hogs are mentally fragile.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Kevin

Miss state is not a good team. That will be proven over the course of time
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hog.goblin

Quote from: Kevin on January 07, 2018, 06:36:29 am

Agreed.  TN and Auburn were good.  MS St will finish 12th or 13th in the league in conference play.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Kevin on January 07, 2018, 06:36:29 am
neither is Auburn...both are not nearly as good as we are....from now on when we're on the road in the SEC the ball needs to first go inside then back out for a 3 if Gafford cannot get his shot off on the initial entry pass into the post...as far as playing at home, run, run, run

ad: we also need to experiment with Thompson and Gafford playing at the same time....and when we sub, we go small
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hobhog

Football team played good teams too. Not an acceptable excuse.

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 07, 2018, 12:09:44 pm
neither is Auburn...both are not nearly as good as we are....from now on when we're on the road in the SEC the ball needs to first go inside then back out for a 3 if Gafford cannot get his shot off on the initial entry pass into the post...as far as playing at home, run, run, run

ad: we also need to experiment with Thompson and Gafford playing at the same time....and when we sub, we go small
Traditionally no,  but this year Auburn is a very good tournament team.  They are #9 in the RPI. Tennessee was a great win for us,  losing to Auburn on the road isn't shocking and won't set us back from our goal.

Sho Nuff

I really hate it when people say things like "we lost because we played a good team". I certainly understand that you can't win them all, but why must we accept defeat because the other team is good?  It's basically saying that we can't expect to win if the other team is good.  Do you guys not remember when we did expect to win every game? 

Beaverfever

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 07, 2018, 11:56:14 am
Agreed.  TN and Auburn were good.  MS St will finish 12th or 13th in the league in conference play.
This I knew beating Auburn on the road was going to be a tall task but that's why we really needed to beat MSU on the road.  That was a big loss.  Auburn probably isn't going to lose a lot of home games this year. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: synthartist69 on January 07, 2018, 01:11:40 am
I hate that we have lost the last two, but we are playing some really good teams. I think we will bounce back. GO HOGS!

Well, if you look at our RPI you would have thought we were a good team but apparently not.   Leadership usually is best if you have it from you PG which we do not have one.  Also we are getting zero inside toughness or scoring because we refuse to sign kids who like to mix it up inside.  It is a mentality as well as a body built that gives players confidence to like to mix it up but I have seen some slender guys do well if they love to battle.  I think in time Gafford will be good there.

I love our two scoring guards but they get really tired both handling the ball and trying to create their own shots.  Man it would be sweet if we had an extremely athletic penetrating PG who could draw two defenders and then kick for a wide open 3.

Mike likes to NOT OVER COACH on offense so it looks really ugly when our scorers can not create a shot to score.  I am not a big fan of not setting screens for you shooters but that is MIKE's way. 

daprospecta

Quote from: hobhog on January 07, 2018, 12:15:48 pm
Football team played good teams too. Not an acceptable excuse.
When was the last time the football team was ranked in the top 25(cbb has more than double the teams).............don't worry..........I'll wait.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: daprospecta on January 08, 2018, 09:56:37 am
When was the last time the football team was ranked in the top 25(cbb has more than double the teams).............don't worry..........I'll wait.

2016 for 6 weeks with a high of 16. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

daprospecta

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 08, 2018, 10:03:17 am
2016 for 6 weeks with a high of 16. 

The football team not the basketball team. My point was hobhog was trying to compare our football to our basketball team.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: daprospecta on January 08, 2018, 11:51:15 am
The football team not the basketball team. My point was hobhog was trying to compare our football to our basketball team.

That was the football team postTCU win.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 08, 2018, 11:57:37 am

This excuse may be worse than always blaming the refs. "Hogs are losing because they are playing tough teams." 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hulk hog

Quote from: daprospecta on January 08, 2018, 11:51:15 am
I believe Bielema had as many road wins against ranked SEC teams as Mike does.  And Houston Nutt was run off for similar results as Mike has had. You are right it's not a fair comparison to Football.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hulk hog on January 08, 2018, 01:11:55 pm
I believe Bielema had as many road wins against ranked SEC teams as Mike does.  And Houston Nutt was run off for similar results as Mike has had. You are right it's not a fair comparison to Football.
dang I forgot everybody is ranked in the sec in football and after 5 or 6 beat downs in a row there has to be a chance to beat a few of them
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

daprospecta

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 08, 2018, 11:57:37 am
Looks like you are correct but still, you get what I mean.