Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

They done

Started by BannerMountainMan, January 06, 2018, 10:04:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

A&M and Kentucky are done, won't make the NIT, if you can't win on the road this week  then you have no shot at anything
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Randohoggie

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 10:04:47 pm
A&M and Kentucky are done, won't make the NIT, if you can't win on the road this week  then you have no shot at anything

Duke, Xavier, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and many other teams as well.

hawginbigd1

Maybe but I don't give a s4!t what they do.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 06, 2018, 10:07:24 pm
Maybe but I don't give a s4!t what they do.

Then you likely have no perspective.  Just saying.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 10:06:14 pm
Duke, Xavier, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and many other teams as well.
NC State, LSU, Colorado, Providence final 4!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Wild Bill Hog

Those two teams will get better as the season goes along.  For them it's just one game.  For us it's a several years long pattern.  No way you can equate the Hogs to TAMU and KY no matter how much we all wish we could.

Randohoggie

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 06, 2018, 10:09:42 pm
Those two teams will get better as the season goes along.  For them it's just one game.  For us it's a several years long pattern.  No way you can equate the Hogs to TAMU and KY no matter how much we all wish we could.

Did we get better last season?  What example do you have of TAMU getting better late in the season?  Making the NCAA 1 time in the last 6 years?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 10:08:46 pm
Then you likely have no perspective.  Just saying.
My perspective is fine, this is the most experienced team in the country, that sure haven't looked like it the last 3 games, those others are much less experienced especially Kentucky. We didn't play well a week ago and home crowd let them stay in it and pull victory from the jaws of defeat. Bench has been horrible, Macon and Barford have each played a horrible game the last 2, maybe because they are playing 35 minutes a freaking game! Just not getting it done and that makes fans frustrated, especially when expectations were very high.

Breems

Many teams unfortunately got knocked out of the field this week.

Mississippi State was a 4 seed after they beat us but are now NIT-bound after losing @Ole Miss.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 06, 2018, 10:20:08 pm
My perspective is fine, this is the most experienced team in the country, that sure haven't looked like it the last 3 games, those others are much less experienced especially Kentucky. We didn't play well a week ago and home crowd let them stay in it and pull victory from the jaws of defeat. Bench has been horrible, Macon and Barford have each played a horrible game the last 2, maybe because they are playing 35 minutes a freaking game! Just not getting it done and that makes fans frustrated, especially when expectations were very high.

I've been frustrated too, but the reality is that one of those last three games was a win and will remain that way in the record books forever.  The other two were tough road losses, but that simply isn't anything new in college basketball.

razorpimp

It's not comparing other teams.....its just seeing how far Mike has brought us in 7 years!!!  The ceiling for mediocre Mike is just not that high

maxhog5

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 10:12:46 pm
Did we get better last season?  What example do you have of TAMU getting better late in the season?  Making the NCAA 1 time in the last 6 years?

A&M has been missing both starting guards.  Hogg came back tonight, but then the biig man Wiliams was out sick and Wilson is also out with a knee injury.  Gilder should be back shortly.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 06, 2018, 10:09:42 pm

Exactly!  Just look what we did with A$M last year both times we played them.  Simply no comparison with what they do and we do each year.

Just for comparisons, which teams in the SEC or any other conference for that matter should we compare to KY?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: maxhog5 on January 06, 2018, 10:24:16 pm
A&M has been missing both starting guards.  Hogg came back tonight, but then the biig man Wiliams was out sick and Wilson is also out with a knee injury.  Gilder should be back shortly.
excuses excuses

HeyHogs

Word..

Randohoggie

Quote from: maxhog5 on January 06, 2018, 10:24:16 pm

K.  It is all still speculation with little support.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 10:22:37 pm
I've been frustrated too, but the reality is that one of those last three games was a win and will remain that way in the record books forever.  The other two were tough road losses, but that simply isn't anything new in college basketball.
I got you but let us fans be frustrated without belittling us.

That W is in the record book just like MAs results for the last 6 seasons is in the books, so if someone says he is mediocre Mike one logically can't argue with them IMO.

Here is another opinion of mine that heightens my frustration, I don't think the 2 teams we lost to are as talented as we are. If it was Fla., A&M (healthy), or UK I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated because they are the only teams I see of equal talent.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 06, 2018, 10:33:46 pm
I got you but let us fans be frustrated without belittling us.

That W is in the record book just like MAs results for the last 6 seasons is in the books, so if someone says he is mediocre Mike one logically can't argue with them IMO.

Here is another opinion of mine that heightens my frustration, I don't think the 2 teams we lost to are as talented as we are. If it was Fla., A&M (healthy), or UK I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated because they are the only teams I see of equal talent.

I don't know if I agree that it has all been mediocre.  We won 26 and 27 games in 2 of the last 3 seasons.  I expect that we will win 20+ this year and be in the NCAA for the 3rd time in 4 years.  If so, that is a definite step up from where we have been.

I also think that Auburn was at least as talented as we are, with a number of 4 and 5 star recruits on their roster.  MSU has also been well above us in recruiting rankings of late.

maxhog5

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 10:28:22 pm
K.  It is all still speculation with little support.

A&M was 11-1.  Ranked number 5 in the nation and were destroying people before Hogg's suspension and the injuries hit.  I've seen them play and at full strength, they are very, very good.

RockyMtnHog

The Hogs may have peaked too early.  Over the past 4-5 years Arkansas has been a terrible road team.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

razorpimp

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 10:39:46 pm
I don't know if I agree that it has all been mediocre.  We won 26 and 27 games in 2 of the last 3 seasons.  I expect that we will win 20+ this year and be in the NCAA for the 3rd time in 4 years.  If so, that is a definite step up from where we have been.

I also think that Auburn was at least as talented as we are, with a number of 4 and 5 star recruits on their roster.  MSU has also been well above us in recruiting rankings of late.

Do you see that as a problem?  Our history and getting out recruited by those two schools!!!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 10:51:48 pm
Do you see that as a problem?  Our history and getting out recruited by those two schools!!!!
yeah don't even bring up the recruiting or you will lose everytime, it's hard to out recruit when you don't give money like Miss st and Auburn did

MushroomCloudHog

I think it's too early to tell if they peaked or not. They got screwed against MSU. They should be 2-1 in conference.  We have to grab a minimum of 2-3 road wins to get in. Just my thoughts.

razorpimp

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 10:53:32 pm
yeah don't even bring up the recruiting or you will lose everytime, it's hard to out recruit when you don't give money like Miss st and Auburn did

When they officially get busted vacating wins, post season, and scholarships then you can say that

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 11:00:50 pm
When they officially get busted vacating wins, post season, and scholarships then you can say that
they vacate the assistant coaches instead because the NCAA is to much of a scaredy cat to do anything about it, especially UNC

razorpimp

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 11:03:04 pm
they vacate the assistant coaches instead because the NCAA is to much of a scaredy cat to do anything about it, especially UNC

Ok, whatever blame the NCAA it is what it is.... So you would bring a knife to a gun fight?  And how do you know MA isn't doing the same but is just worse at it!

When I was in Fayetteville I remember Lee Wilson and Darnell Robinson with some sweet rides

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 11:05:46 pm
Ok, whatever blame the NCAA it is what it is.... So you would bring a knife to a gun fight?  And how do you know MA isn't doing the same but is just worse at it!

When I was in Fayetteville I remember Lee Wilson and Darnell Robinson with some sweet rides
because EVERYBODY knows CMA does it right, what did he do beg Jaylen Barford to come here from Motlown community college with a car, it's amazing what CMA has done with almost 70% Arkansas kids!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 11:05:46 pm

That's our dirty little secret shhh!

Kevin

I bet these are roughly the same post as last year when they started 1-3 in the league.

As I have said, it is the same movie played over and over again   

21-24 wins get beat first round of NCAA tournament.

If you want more than this then you are going to be frustrated. Cause this is what the program is under cma. He is a steady coach. Never going to lose big but never going to win big

Since he is mike Anderson most hog fans will. be happy with that

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Kevin on January 07, 2018, 06:43:58 am

If you want more than this then you are going to be frustrated. Cause this is what the program is under cma. He is a steady coach. Never going to lose big but never going to win big

How many times have you posted something like this.. why do you feel the need to repeat yourself over and over.. do you have a complex that no one listens to you.. well your probably correct..

Kevin

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 07, 2018, 06:50:21 am
How many times have you posted something like this.. why do you feel the need to repeat yourself over and over.. do you have a complex that no one listens to you.. well your probably correct..

No just trying to help those fans who are frustrated with the programs and want more.

They should just relax.  For the ending of the season has been for tokd

Funny really, many others get on here and repeat the same positive things they feel about cma and you have said nothing about that.

He is a good man
Great ambassador for the u of a
Loves the school
Does it the right way

But no criticism from you.  Oh well. Have a great day
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Kevin on January 07, 2018, 06:55:50 am
No just trying to help those fans who are frustrated with the programs and want more.

They should just relax.  For the ending of the season has been for tokd

Funny really, many others get on here and repeat the same positive things they feel about cma and you have said nothing about that.

He is a good man
Great ambassador for the u of a
Loves the school
Does it the right way

But no criticism from you.  Oh well. Have a great day

wash, rinse, repeat... oh and thanks for the smite..ha..

hogwood

I bet these are roughly the same post as last year when they started 1-3 in the league.

Except we've made it to the 2nd round both years and had 26+ wins...

okrazorback

You expect too much from Anderson because he supposedly learned from Nolan. He is never going to be as good as Nolan, but then again we have never had another coach as good as Nolan in my opinion and I have been around for a long time.

hobhog

Very sad. New AD should expect more.

hobhog

Quote from: okrazorback on January 07, 2018, 11:41:45 am
You expect too much from Anderson because he supposedly learned from Nolan. He is never going to be as good as Nolan, but then again we have never had another coach as good as Nolan in my opinion and I have been around for a long time.

Sutton would take this team to the final 4.

Dominicanhog

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hobhog on January 07, 2018, 12:22:25 pm
Sutton would take this team to the final 4.

Sutton only made 1 final four with the triplets, you think we have that kind of material to work with this year? He coached a total of 1,162 games and never appeared in a title game whether in the NJCAA, NIT or the NCAA.

Now, I believe a young Coach Richardson circa 1990 might take this team to the final 4 but so can CMA with the right draw in the tournament.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Time to fire tom Izzo. He got killed on the road against an average team.

Kevin

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 08, 2018, 06:41:53 am
Time to fire tom Izzo. He got killed on the road against an average team.

how many championships does the man have, how many final fours  does he have? then compare that to Anderson.

why do people immediately jumped to what other programs are doing as soon as the hogs start down the road they do every year under anderson.

what other programs do is does not matter to what this programs does.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2018, 08:00:07 am
how many championships does the man have, how many final fours  does he have? then compare that to Anderson.

why do people immediately jumped to what other programs are doing as soon as the hogs start down the road they do every year under anderson.

what other programs do is does not matter to what this programs does.
because EVERY team is losing on the road!!! Every team!! Do you not understand!!

PonderinHog

Then I'd quit scheduling road games!   ::)

Kevin

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 08, 2018, 08:05:12 am
because EVERY team is losing on the road!!! Every team!! Do you not understand!!

wow, really!!

also, some teams find a way to win a few on the road.

it is way over the top to come on here and say fire izzo cause they lose to osu on the road.

you cannot compare resumes between izzo & anderson.

but you all in anderson guys, will say anything to prop him up to be beater than he is.

MountieDawg

There is not even close to a dominant team in College Basketball!  Duke should be with all the talent and upperclassmen but they are not but may be by the end of the year.  Kansas has holes, this may be Cal's toughest job at Kentucky to get these players to play unselfish.   Its a long ways until March but the NCAAT should be wide open this year!
SEC!

hogwood

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2018, 08:34:45 am
wow, really!!

also, some teams find a way to win a few on the road.

it is way over the top to come on here and say fire izzo cause they lose to osu on the road.

you cannot compare resumes between izzo & anderson.

but you all in anderson guys, will say anything to prop him up to be beater than he is.

We have a good road record in the last 3 seasons. SEC play alone I believe is around .500. That's very good, and it includes our 16-16 year when I think we went 3-6 on the road. I will double check later.

daprospecta

Quote from: hogwood on January 08, 2018, 09:49:16 am
We have a good road record in the last 3 seasons. SEC play alone I believe is around .500. That's very good, and it includes our 16-16 year when I think we went 3-6 on the road. I will double check later.
Paging factchecker........

Kevin

21-46 overall.
throw out the first three years, since some of you want to do that
16-21

onebadrubi

Quote from: daprospecta on January 08, 2018, 09:54:34 am
Paging factchecker........

That guy has been gone for awhile now.  I wonder if he might have changed names or something.

hogwood

Quote from: hogwood on January 08, 2018, 09:49:16 am

Last 3 seasons in SEC play we are 15-12 (.556) on the road. That's very good. If someone else would like, please compare that to other SEC teams so we can see how we rank in the last 3 seasons. I'm guessing we're top 4.