Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proud of the Hogs tonight.they lost but they showed a lot of fight

Started by forrest city joe, January 06, 2018, 07:44:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Auburn played really well.so i give them credit.but so loved how the Hogs never gave up.they kept fighting until the very end.Auburn shooting won this game.got to find a way to start getting some stops on defense.and keep Gafford out of foul trouble.over all i am not that upset. we just got beat by a good team today.and this one was not because of the refs like the Miss.State game was.it's a long season folks.the Hogs will be fine. going to win some and lose some. GO Hogs.

Letsroll1200

I'm even more excited about Mike Anderson and the Razorbacks. He basically told Thomas if you're not going to compete sit next to me. Told CJ Jones I need you to play, if not sit next yo me. Really need a great crowd and beat Ole Miss.

elksnort

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: elksnort on January 06, 2018, 07:48:41 pm
I expect a victory over LSU on Wednesday
and then win on Saturday and we are 13-4 and 3-2 in the SEC and back on track
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

elksnort

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 07:49:25 pm
and then win on Saturday and we are 13-4 and 3-2 in the SEC and back on track
Yes, then lose some inexplicable game at home or on the road.

GlassofSwine

Was a bad offensive game by our team, too many dumb plays. Down 7 with just under 4 minutes and a chance to cut it to 5 and 4 guys stand around without moving while Barford goes around out of control than jacks up a wild 3 from the corner. That is not how you win games on the road. I love this team, but that is not going to cut it if they want to actually do anything of note this year.

Publius

Didn't see much fight in the first half or first 10 minutes of the second.  We are fortunate to not be 0-3.

Oliver

No reason to be proud of today's effort or game. 

Sad and pathetic.  Better step it up soon.  Mikes teams always drag in conference play early and then turn it on later

jdlew

MA missed his chance to upgrade  the program the past six seasons...We are better this season...but other  teams have hired good coaches....it's going to a lot harder now..WPS

elksnort

Very rarely am I proud of my team when they lose. 

CMA's style and history is characterized by polarized play. It is what it is. I expect him to make the NCAA tournament and won a game and maybe when another game. If he can't get the team into the NCAA tournament then another coach ought to be given the chance

fineswine

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 07:47:02 pm
I'm even more excited about Mike Anderson and the Razorbacks. He basically told Thomas if you're not going to compete sit next to me. Told CJ Jones I need you to play, if not sit next yo me. Really need a great crowd and beat Ole Miss.
Yet, Beard still gets max minutes, and makes more mistakes than anyone.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: fineswine on January 06, 2018, 07:59:20 pm
didn't play much in the 2nd half and we made a big comeback!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Rbill

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 07:47:02 pm

I wish Mike would see things objectively much more quickly. He sticks with things too long. He sticks with some guys way too long. He keeps others on the bench way too long. The casual fan can feel when some guys bring the mojo when they're in and others simply drag us down. Perhaps he's too close to be objective, and he certainly leans way too hard on seniority, but it always feels like it takes him a long time to see it.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: fineswine on January 06, 2018, 07:59:20 pm

I got two words... Khalil Garland. Beard would be getting push for minutes if Khalil was healthy.

DemiHOG

We were over rated, no way a good bb team loses to MS or Auburn.

3kgthog

hawgball40

i'd like the number for your crack dealer. you're smoking the good stuff.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DemiHOG

Don't have to smoke anything, we lose to nobody, come on, MS and Auburn?? Gifford will be awesome. But we aren't where we need to be. Anyone think we should lose to them? We suck on the road,

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 08:05:53 pm
I got two words... Khalil Garland. Beard would be getting push for minutes if Khalil was healthy.

Or if Mike hand jerked Nick Babb around and he was still here as a SR. Putting up solid #'s at ISU.  Babb is better than Beard.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Albert Einswine

New material! And some said it wouldn't happen. There was the homage to last game's take, but overall a fresh take. Growth!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Publius

Rbill

Quote from: hogsanity on January 06, 2018, 08:19:52 pm
Or if Mike hand jerked Nick Babb around and he was still here as a SR. Putting up solid #'s at ISU.  Babb is better than Beard.

If he did what now?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: elksnort on January 06, 2018, 07:57:06 pm
Very rarely am I proud of my team when they lose. 

CMA's style and history is characterized by polarized play. It is what it is. I expect him to make the NCAA tournament and won a game and maybe when another game. If he can't get the team into the NCAA tournament then another coach ought to be given the chance

Not being a grammar nazi but this post made me laugh. Thanks.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

3of5-2

The only thing I'm proud of this game was that it was on TV, and I didn't have to listen to it on the radio. Auburn beat us soundly and I'm sure we will return the favor when they come here. Same as we will do for Miss.St. Losses are never good, just gotta find a way to fix the problems.

Sho Nuff

We could lose by 50 ten games in a row and FCJ would be proud of Mike.  He was pretty quick to jump on Bret though...

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 06, 2018, 08:26:13 pm
We could lose by 50 ten games in a row and FCJ would be proud of Mike.  He was pretty quick to jump on Bret though...
2 and 50 are pretty close I guess

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Rbill on January 06, 2018, 08:20:59 pm
If he did what now?

Babb would have been a senior last season I believe. Babb messed up by leaving. He's playing his senior year for a team that want make the tournament.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 08:32:42 pm
Babb would have been a senior last season I believe. Babb messed up by leaving. He's playing his senior year for a team that want make the tournament.
maybe that's why he is a good player, because they have nobody

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hogsanity on January 06, 2018, 08:19:52 pm

Worst typo I've seen on Hogville in some time. Just begs for jokes.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PonderinHog

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Albert Einswine

Paul

bkjbearcat

It's the same old story
Same old song and dance, my friend
It's the same old story
Same old story
Same old song and dance
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Athog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 06, 2018, 07:44:15 pm
Auburn played really well.so i give them credit.but so loved how the Hogs never gave up.they kept fighting until the very end.Auburn shooting won this game.got to find a way to start getting some stops on defense.and keep Gafford out of foul trouble.over all i am not that upset. we just got beat by a good team today.and this one was not because of the refs like the Miss.State game was.it's a long season folks.the Hogs will be fine. going to win some and lose some. GO Hogs.

They are regressing. The next game needs to be the game. They are not the team I thought they were. They need to win NOW. They should show some fight but the performance of the "stars" has disappeared.

Mr. Porkleone

hawginbigd1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 08:02:48 pm
didn't play much in the 2nd half and we made a big comeback!!
Yeah kept us in the game in the 1st half but don't mention that, played much better than Macon, but don't mention that either.

RagingHawgOn

Crock of crap Joseph.

We got embarrassed and it sucks.

I about fell asleep watching our half-court offense. One guy with the ball, the other four standing around wondering WTH he was going to do.

We're in deep crap.

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 06, 2018, 08:32:42 pm

No, he would have been a sr here this season.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorpimp

Way to go Mike Anderson you are the man!!!!!  Nice loss!!!!

porkinsons disease

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 06, 2018, 10:12:25 pm
Crock of crap Joseph.

We got embarrassed and it sucks.

I about fell asleep watching our half-court offense. One guy with the ball, the other four standing around wondering WTH he was going to do.

We're in deep crap.

That's the "system". Next home game, the 3's will be dropping and we will put up 95 and most will proclaim that we are back for good. Lather,rinse,repeat.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hogsanity

Are the Hogs, as a team better than last year? I'd say no, and the problem with that is that the SEC IS better than last year.

elksnort

daprospecta

Quote from: Karma on January 06, 2018, 08:32:06 pm
It's only his 7th year.  Anderson needs time.
I wish someone WOULD and I repeat WOULD say this in my face. Those guys are fighting hard on the court. We didn't win but road games are TOUGH! There was a stat a few years ago where the best teams in the country won 40% of their road games.  I know what it's like to be a student athlete.  While your buddies are partying, you are either in study hall or on a flight to play your next game.  Many of you don't know what it's like to play a road game in college. That USC game in 2005, got soda poured on me and insults and things thrown the entire game.  We are the number 22 team in the country, that may change next week but the same guys dissing CMA were the same clamoring for more time for CBB.  Only an idiot does not see the progress.  Yes, it's year 7 and we are a projected 4-5 seed, maybe 6 seed after this week.  What more do you want?

daprospecta

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 10:22:05 pm
Way to go Mike Anderson you are the man!!!!!  Nice loss!!!!
You bish! Yea, I said it. You bish!!!

razorpimp

Quote from: daprospecta on January 06, 2018, 10:36:44 pm
You bish! Yea, I said it. You bish!!!

Say what you will, but that is the exact interpretation of Joe's post!  Loser mentality!  I'm sure Duke fans posted the same stuff after their loss tonight

daprospecta

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 10:41:08 pm
Say what you will, but that is the exact interpretation of Joe's post!  Loser mentality!  I'm sure Duke fans posted the same stuff after their loss tonight
You expect us to win all games huh? Undefeated right?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: daprospecta on January 06, 2018, 10:35:58 pm
I wish someone WOULD and I repeat WOULD say this in my face. Those guys are fighting hard on the court. We didn't win but road games are TOUGH! There was a stat a few years ago where the best teams in the country won 40% of their road games.  I know what it's like to be a student athlete.  While your buddies are partying, you are either in study hall or on a flight to play your next game.  Many of you don't know what it's like to play a road game in college. That USC game in 2005, got soda poured on me and insults and things thrown the entire game.  We are the number 22 team in the country, that may change next week but the same guys dissing CMA were the same clamoring for more time for CBB.  Only an idiot does not see the progress.  Yes, it's year 7 and we are a projected 4-5 seed, maybe 6 seed after this week.  What more do you want?
10 years ago I would be your huckleberry but alas I matured a little. Ease up though, people are frustrated and MA has not delivered Nolan 2.0 and not really close to it. So yeah the time comment is going to come out.

Last I wasn't there but I apologize for the poor actions some of our fans showed you!