Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today's Refs

Started by RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan, January 06, 2018, 01:20:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

January 06, 2018, 01:20:39 pm Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:54:21 pm by RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan
I wonder if Hog's game the other day caused a meeting with the refs. I'm watching Florida at Mizzou   right now and the refs don't seem to be giving a home advantage to Mizzou.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Do you feel like they are giving mizzou an advantage?

No, I think it's been called fairly evenly. I am a little shocked. I never heard of "SEC Home Cooking" until Missouri joined the league. I thought you guys got screwed the other day and wish it would end. The kids deserve a fair chance no matter where they play.

If anything they are giving help to the visitors.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Mizz looks good. Pass well have a lot of length.

FL is always dangerous with that speedy PG and their strength down low

onebadrubi

This game is EXTREMELY poorly officiated.   It's sad the sec won't clean up this officiating.  Other conferences have so much officiating

HOGINTENNESSEE

Absolutely terrible call saying that Hudson was fouled on that 3pt attempt

rljjr

Did you see the ending? Wow.

cram224

Let me see, hand checking vs moving your feet. Which one should get more fouls called?

PonderinHog

There were 2 calls that showed no contact but fouls were called. But overall it was fairly even. Mizzou was only in the game because of some early 3s. Not surprised at the outcome though.

Hog's game will be interesting. I think you have the players to pull a pretty good upset.

Jborohog09

That ending was wild.  Tough one to swallow for Missouri.

HogBreath

Commissioner Sly has announced some very special officials will be calling today's Auburn-Arkansas basketball game, the special guest will be former Awbarn greats, Bo Jackson, Lee Ziemba and Charles Barkley, with Bobby Lowder in charge of video replays.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hogsanity

Typical,  one in this thread says it was fairly called and another said it was very poorly officiated.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

kaptainkory

Quote from: hogsanity on January 06, 2018, 03:30:13 pm
Typical,  one in this thread says it was fairly called and another said it was very poorly officiated.

Only watched bits and pieces of 2nd half, but late in the game saw Mizzou take 2 egregious foul calls: 1) on the NO TOUCH Florida missed dunk, which fouled out a key player  2) on the BARELY TOUCHED by an exaggerated/instigated/intentional leg kick by Florida 3-point shooter.  I believe both were called by refs LEAST in position to make the proper call due to being behind the offensive player and unable to clearly see the contact or, in this case, the lack thereof.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on January 06, 2018, 03:30:13 pm

Go watch the second half.  I don't think someone saying the bad calls went both ways is much different to saying it was portly officiated. 

mizzouman

Poorly officiated game but Mizzou needs to be better and over come. Obviously, can't turn it over like that at the end. On to the next game.