Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim Skipper

Started by Hawg Life, January 06, 2018, 11:43:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

Man this staff has potential.  Sure looks like we are getting some stud recruiters.  I don't know how much difference they can make for this year but 2019 should be 🔥
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

SooieGeneris

I found that he has a background coaching LB at Fresno and UF, but has coached RBs as well like his Dad and brother. Does he have a background in special teams? I couldn't find anything on his resume about ST, that and the GA connection is why I thought Scott might be retained.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

opineonswine

Another possibility:

https://www.scout.com/Coach/Buddy-Wyatt-414

Buddy Wyatt's bio from Neb

A long-time assistant with coaching and recruiting ties to the Big 12, Big Ten and SEC, Buddy Wyatt was hired in December 2006 by Coach Bill Callahan to guide the Husker defensive line.

Wyatt jumped right into the fray as he assisted the Huskers during their preparations for the Cotton Bowl, where NU's starting defensive front four combined for 17 tackles, including three for loss and two sacks. This year Wyatt will oversee replacing four starters on the line while working with a solid core of young talent.

In June of 2007, Wyatt was recognized when he was selected to participate in the Expert Coaches Academy, an NCAA program that addresses the critical shortage of ethnic minorities in head coaching positions in the sport of college football, primarily at the Division I level. He is the third Husker assistant in the past two years to be invited.

Wyatt came to the Huskers with 15 years of Division I coaching experience, including spending his previous four seasons as the defensive line coach at the University of Alabama. During Wyatt's tenure in Tuscaloosa, the Crimson Tide annually ranked among the nation's top defenses.

Alabama ranked 18th nationally in total defense and 29th in scoring defense during the 2006 campaign. A year earlier, the defense paced the Crimson Tide to a 10-2 record and a Cotton Bowl victory, ranking first nationally in scoring defense (10.7 ppg), second in total defense (255.1 ypg) and ninth against the run (94.3 ypg). Alabama also ranked second nationally in total defense (245.5 ypg) and was seventh in scoring defense in 2004.

Wyatt is also recognized as one of the nation's top recruiters. Wyatt has been responsible for recruiting the Mississippi High School Player of Year to the Crimson Tide program each of his last two seasons—running back Terry Grant in 2006 and Jimmy Johns in 2005.  Wyatt helped attract top-20 ranked recruiting classes to Tuscaloosa in each of his last three campaigns, while focusing much of his recruiting efforts in the state of Florida.

A native of Victoria, Texas, Wyatt also has an outstanding track record of recruiting in the state of Texas, specifically during his time at Texas A&M from 2000 to 2002. Among Wyatt's top recruits with the Aggies was defensive lineman Johnny Jolly, a rookie with the Green Bay Packers in 2006.

In addition to his most recent stop at Alabama, Wyatt has five years of experience at Big 12 Conference schools, including working as a defensive line coach at Oklahoma State, Colorado and Texas A&M.

Wyatt took over the Alabama defensive line after three seasons as part of R.C. Slocum's coaching staff at Texas A&M from 2000 to 2002. While with the Aggies, Wyatt helped coach future NFL players Rocky Bernard, Ty Warren, Ronald Edwards and Ronald Flemons, and assisted on two A&M teams that played in bowl games. Nebraska Associate Athletic Director for Football Operations Tim Cassidy was on the Texas A&M staff with Wyatt.

Wyatt was a member of Gary Barnett's coaching staffs for three seasons from 1997 to 1999. He coached the Northwestern defensive line in 1997 and 1998, then moved to the University of Colorado with Barnett in 1999, where he helped the Buffs to an appearance in the Insight.com Bowl. While Wyatt was a member of Barnett's staffs he worked with Husker offensive coordinator Shawn Watson, who served as an offensive assistant under Barnett at both schools.

Wyatt's first stop in the Big 12 Conference came at Oklahoma State in 1996, where he served as the defensive line coach for Bob Simmons. While with the Cowboys, Wyatt coached defensive tackle Jamal Williams, who is currently one of the top defensive linemen in the NFL with the San Diego Chargers.

The first full-time coaching stop for Wyatt came at the University of Minnesota from 1992 to 1995. He served under Head Coach Jim Wacker, who was Wyatt's college coach at TCU.

Wyatt played for the Horned Frogs as a defensive lineman from 1986 to 1989. He graduated from TCU with a degree in education in 1990. After two seasons in the professional ranks, Wyatt returned to his alma mater where he served as a graduate assistant during the 1991 campaign.

Wyatt is joined in Lincoln by his wife, Andrea, and children Fredrick and Ariel.

The Wyatt File

Date and Place of Birth: Born on Nov. 8, 1966 in Victoria, Texas

Family: Wife, Andrea; Son, Frederick (11); Daughter, Ariel (7)

Education: TCU, bachelor's degree in education, 1990

Playng Experience: TCU, defensive line, 1986-89

Coaching Experience: 1991, TCU (graduate assistant/defensive line), 1992-95, Minnesota (assistant coach/defensive line); 1996, Oklahoma State (assistant coach/defensive line); 1997-98, Northwestern (assistant coach/defensive line); 1999, Colorado (assistant coach/defensive line); 2000-02, Texas A&M (assistant coach/defensive line); 2003-06, Alabama (assistant coach/defensive line); 2006-present, Nebraska (assistant coach/defensive line)

Recruiting Emphasis: Southern Louisiana, Eastern Houston, Ft. Worth, Arlington

HOGINTENNESSEE

I'd take Skipper over Buddy

opineonswine

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 06, 2018, 02:12:35 pm

I think it may be both...Buddy instead of John Scott.

Hawg Life

Quote from: opineonswine on January 06, 2018, 02:14:28 pm

I think so too if Traylor handles special teams. Scott's role was/is most likely STC, with some emphasis on a position. Staff was supposed to be announced last Thursday, so things are definitely changing. The current names seem better than the names previously mentioned.

rljjr

10th coach. Hmmm. Who are 6-9?

King Kong

Quote from: opineonswine on January 06, 2018, 02:14:28 pm

Excellent information

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

opineonswine

King Kong

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on January 06, 2018, 02:33:16 pm
Do people still pay for that?

Someone in this thread obviously still does.

opineonswine

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 02:35:11 pm
Someone in this thread obviously still does.

You, I presume?  I was summarily dismissed back in the Nutt days from all of those.

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on January 06, 2018, 02:37:54 pm
You, I presume?  I was summarily dismissed back in the Nutt days from all of those.

Well, you post info right after it appears on one of them. I guess you're clairvoyant.

opineonswine

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 02:40:00 pm
Well, you post info right after it appears on one of them. I guess you're clairvoyant.

You think those guys are the only ones with info?  ha  That's why paying seems ridiculous to me.

JIHawg

Who's got special teams and why has he got it?

Hawg Life

Quote from: JIHawg on January 06, 2018, 02:41:44 pm
Who's got special teams and why has he got it?

Traylor makes the most sense.

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on January 06, 2018, 02:40:59 pm
You think those guys are the only ones with info?  ha  That's why paying seems ridiculous to me.

Well, you need a faster source then, it was out last night.

Hawg Life

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 06, 2018, 02:55:23 pm
I'd love this hire.

Yeah, makes too much sense, better not get your hopes up.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 02:56:52 pm
Yeah, makes too much sense, better not get your hopes up.

Lol

opineonswine

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 02:46:17 pm
Well, you need a faster source then, it was out last night.

So which is it? You can't have it both ways Donald.

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on January 06, 2018, 03:05:38 pm

So which is it? You can't have it both ways Donald.

I do? When I read something elsewhere, I say "I read elsewhere" , RD has told me to say, "RD says"....

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 03:08:08 pm
I do? When I read something elsewhere, I say "I read elsewhere" , RD has told me to say, "RD says"....

Who cares where info comes from? Let's stay on topic. This kind of stuff ruins threads. If something comes from a pay board, and you didn't pay then good for you.

Wildhog

Looks like the perfect fit for us.  Morris needs to make this happen.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bash

Quote from: grayhawg on January 06, 2018, 12:34:49 pm
In hope he's not recruiting in this dead period

I hope he is.  8)
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

King Kong

Quote from: Wildhog on January 06, 2018, 03:23:35 pm
Looks like the perfect fit for us.  Morris needs to make this happen.

No doubt. When need a stud in Louisiana

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 06, 2018, 12:59:53 pm
I like the Florida experience and Fresno State. Fresno State was one of my favorite G5 teams under Pat Hill. They got after it
I did too! I remember watching Carr and tearing it up against USC and the others. I was stationed on the Westcoast and forced to watch PAC games. I caught Stanford beat Texas back then too when they had Willingham. Texas had knocked Stanford QB out of the game and this freshmen came in and kept them alive. Glad the SEC Network is around now.
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 06, 2018, 12:59:53 pm
I like the Florida experience and Fresno State. Fresno State was one of my favorite G5 teams under Pat Hill. They got after it
He's from New Orleans and went to Fresno St?  that is strange.  Must not have been highly recruited.  Or maybe went to JC and then transferred to Fresno.  Either way I like the New Orleans connection.  We need that with Smith gone. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 06, 2018, 02:12:35 pm

I'd take Mary Ann or Ginger over Skipper........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2018, 09:10:56 am

Beautifully executed sir+1
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgwash

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2018, 09:10:56 am
Hey, no room for waffling here.  You have to choose one or the other.  Mary Ann or Ginger?

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgwash on January 07, 2018, 10:39:44 am
Hey, no room for waffling here.  You have to choose one or the other.  Mary Ann or Ginger?

Mary Ann all day.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsmash12

hawgwash

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: King Kong on January 06, 2018, 11:48:34 am
Great LA recruiter
https://247sports.com/Coach/Tim-Skipper-822/AllTimeRecruits

I only see one LA recruit on the list. Granted, he's a good get, but I don't see the evidence for Skipper being particularly effective there.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Mike_e

How much time do I have cause if I'm gonna have to listen to her then Mary Ann.

If not then give me the redhead.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

ricepig

So, Hawg Life, I've yet to see this rumored anywhere else, still going with it?

Inhogswetrust

Both at the same time!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 03:31:24 pm
So, Hawg Life, I've yet to see this rumored anywhere else, still going with it?

Yes.. he's in the mix, so time will tell. He checks all boxes.

Hayden1865

Just a guess but here is my best stab at the 10 assistants

OC-Craddock
WR- Stepp
RB- Traylor
TE-Lunney
OL- Fry

DC-CHIEF
DT-SCOTT
DE-CALDWELL
CB-COOPER
S- JOSEPH

Lunney or Traylor taking special teams?
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hayden1865 on January 07, 2018, 04:31:01 pm

OC-Craddock
WR- Stepp
RB- Traylor
TE-Lunney
OL- Fry

DC-CHIEF
DT-SCOTT
DE-CALDWELL
CB-COOPER
S- JOSEPH

Would love Terry Joseph to join. Caldwell, Cooper and Scott have coached SP as well

colbs

Quote from: Hayden1865 on January 07, 2018, 04:31:01 pm

OC-Craddock
WR- Stepp
RB- Traylor
TE-Lunney
OL- Fry

DC-CHIEF
DT-SCOTT
DE-CALDWELL
CB-COOPER
S- JOSEPH

Would be great.

Hayden1865

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 07, 2018, 04:38:01 pm
Would love Terry Joseph to join. Caldwell, Cooper and Scott have coached SP as well

Good point! I was honestly just doing guess work there.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.