Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DC dominoes starting to fall faster

Started by runninrazorback, January 05, 2018, 11:22:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogPharmer

Quote from: Mr Jade on January 05, 2018, 01:47:56 pm
So hopefully after Monday?

If not before monday, it will definitely be after monday
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 05, 2018, 04:02:26 pm
If not before monday, it will definitely be after monday
except if it happens on monday
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Al Boarland

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 02:13:31 pm
As much as the Razorback fan base is on edge about the future of the football program, you would think they would throw out some info to help ease some of the tension that the fan base is feeling. The longer they keep silent, the higher the fan's stress level rises.

You are talking about the low men on the totem pole.

HardCore

Quote from: Dropkick on January 05, 2018, 12:52:38 pm
Maybe Jerry hasn't decided who he wants as DC yet...............

Whoever will recruit the next Grandson in the pipeline
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HogPharmer

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 05, 2018, 04:08:03 pm
except if it happens on monday

No way... my sources tell me it WON'T be ON monday
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

ricepig

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 05, 2018, 04:45:33 pm
No way... my sources tell me it WON'T be ON monday

Correct, it will be on Tuesday.

ricepig

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 05, 2018, 12:49:56 pm

Seems to be the latter. The only reason we know of the other staff additions is because they've been active on Twitter. Does Chavis even have a twitter account?

He's following the new aTm DC now.....

Hogindasticks

Quote from: ricepig on January 05, 2018, 04:53:00 pm
He's following the new aTm DC now.....

LOL...probably for recruiting....mwahahaha

Count De Money

Well, the James Madison DC is still available.  JM plays for the IIA title again.

HogPharmer

Quote from: ricepig on January 05, 2018, 04:51:12 pm
Correct, it will be on Tuesday.

I'll have my sources contact your sources.

Birminghog

Lets try and see if logic works.  Has A&M released Chavis yet, does anyone KNOW this FOR SURE?  NO HORSECRAP GUESS.

If Chavis is our man, the only logical reason he hasn't been named yet would be:  1.  Chad plans to name the staff all at once and doesn't feel its all that important when.  Or 2.  There is money involved between A&M, Arkansas and Chavis, or 3.  We simply have not found a DC yet so there is no one to name. 

Why does Hogville need to know.  1.  So we can be first to wet our pants and alert the rest if we happen to like the choice, or 2.  So we can bitch about the hire.  3.  So many of us can start the foolish drama of plugging in his assistants, determining how he will handle each and every D player, deciding who he should recruit, plainly, running his business for him.

Hogville will just have to wait so that we can immediately determine if whomever gets hired is the worst ever, wrong formation, cannot recruit, paid too much, etc. or this may be the best staff ever assembled at Arkansas and maybe ever in college sports at any level in any sport.  A staff that can take a 1 star and make him the first 6 star in the history of the NCAA.  Some on here will just have to go back in the old posts and just change the names from Bret to Chad and whala, you done got your posts premade.

Hawgphat

I'm channeling that vintage "Mamas & Papas" golden oldie refrain:

"Monday, Monday; - - can't trust that day - - - - "

:-\

Mike Irwin

Supposedly Morris is going to announce the entire staff with a single press release or possibly at a presser. The delay would be because not every position (including the extra staffer allowed by the NCAA as of the 9th) has been filled.

Got no idea if this is correct. It's just what's floating around.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 05, 2018, 05:36:29 pm
Supposedly Morris is going to announce the entire staff with a single press release or possibly at a presser. The delay would be because not every position (including the extra staffer allowed by the NCAA as of the 9th) has been filled.

Got no idea if this is correct. It's just what's floating around.

Thanks Mike
Let's call those hogs!!!!

racinghog

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 01:52:01 pm
We're not hiring anyone from Bama or UGA as our DC. SMDH!
James Madison is still playing tomorrow.

racinghog

Quote from: 12247 on January 05, 2018, 05:20:50 pm
Lets try and see if logic works.  Has A&M released Chavis yet, does anyone KNOW this FOR SURE?  NO HORSECRAP GUESS.

If Chavis is our man, the only logical reason he hasn't been named yet would be:  1.  Chad plans to name the staff all at once and doesn't feel its all that important when.  Or 2.  There is money involved between A&M, Arkansas and Chavis, or 3.  We simply have not found a DC yet so there is no one to name. 

Why does Hogville need to know.  1.  So we can be first to wet our pants and alert the rest if we happen to like the choice, or 2.  So we can bitch about the hire.  3.  So many of us can start the foolish drama of plugging in his assistants, determining how he will handle each and every D player, deciding who he should recruit, plainly, running his business for him.

Hogville will just have to wait so that we can immediately determine if whomever gets hired is the worst ever, wrong formation, cannot recruit, paid too much, etc. or this may be the best staff ever assembled at Arkansas and maybe ever in college sports at any level in any sport.  A staff that can take a 1 star and make him the first 6 star in the history of the NCAA.  Some on here will just have to go back in the old posts and just change the names from Bret to Chad and whala, you done got your posts premade.
I am guessing 2

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Count De Money on January 05, 2018, 04:57:16 pm
Well, the James Madison DC is still available.  JM plays for the IIA title again.

Don't say ^^^this^^^ one so loud.  It has legs and is still a possibility.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

texas tush hog

Quote from: racinghog on January 05, 2018, 06:11:11 pm

Sure as hell don't want Bobby Trott. Was here for the 1989 Houston game, could not stop anybody in that game or Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl. Even lost to Texas in Fayetteville that year with us controlling the football in the wishbone.

BOAR_N2BWILD

all of the above - but really because we are emotionally invested in the U of A and want to see us succeed -therefore it is a concern.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

pigmania

Quote from: Uncle Remus on January 05, 2018, 01:17:48 pm
I'm on board with the new head Hog, but I must admit, I am a bit baffled at the lack of announcements of any of the coaching positions.  I agree with previous posters that if it's Chavis, I don't understand what the hold up is.  The only thing I can think of is that they are in the process of negotiating any buyouts, contractual issues that may be precluding them from announcing officially.  I'm just ready to have the coaching circus tents folded up and on down the road.
I just want some communication from the Hill on the progress of getting a staff put together. For those of you who think it's not important to communicate that with fans, I will just remind you that we are the ones who put butts in the seats at ballgames.

pigmania

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 05, 2018, 04:09:04 pm
You are talking about the low men on the totem pole.
We are also the low men on the totem pole that puts butts in the seats, buy concessions and purchase their "official licensed products".

savimbi2002

LOL

pigmania

Quote from: racinghog on January 05, 2018, 06:11:11 pm

Didn't realize he was still alive. 😉

LZH

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: Count De Money on January 05, 2018, 04:57:16 pm
Yeah Buddy! I'm watching that too!
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

livevanguy

Quote from: Mr Jade on January 05, 2018, 01:47:56 pm
So hopefully after Monday?
I knew it! Nick Saban is the new DC! Woot woot.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

King Kong

Reading more Twitter tea leaves. Justin Stepp's Brother recently started following Chavis, Ron Cooper, and John Scott Jr on Twitter. Throw that in with Caldwell. Probably looking for one more defensive staffer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/coach_stepp

woodhog14

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 06:40:53 pm
I just want some communication from the Hill on the progress of getting a staff put together. For those of you who think it's not important to communicate that with fans, I will just remind you that we are the ones who put butts in the seats at ballgames.
It's not important to communicate that to fans at all. Get over yourself.

It will be Chavis. There is a contract hold up by aTm not us. So the university can't comment on something they have no control over at this moment. Settle down man...it will all be good. Maybe just not on YOUR timeline that YOU wanted.

PonderinHog

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 06:40:53 pm
If you leave now, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a seat.

Snout team

For those worried about recruits not knowing, since RD said it is Chavis, I would assume he is talking with recruits already.  And for those who say that is impossible because it would have been leaked, some recruits have mentioned Chavis in recent interviews.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

lumphog

Pork Twain

Poor wittle ole Arkansas, everyone hates us and we suck.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

liljo

Maybe...just maybe...Maybe we really are trying hard to lure Venables...Maybe we are just making sure he has to tell a WHOLE LOTTA $$$ no before settling back with Plan B, the Chief.

If Chavis is the man, I will be thankful. But if by some long shot the Razorbacks were to get Venables, I think the whole state would be amped.

A guy can dream, can't he? Anybody got a better idea as to why this announcement is dragging along? Is it really just a case of Coach Morris wanting to "get 'em all" before announcing anyone? Or, is it even possible that he has gone to the Big Boys and said "I really need this guy to win here. Break out the checkbook. If we get Venables, this fan base is going to be electrified. I WILL PROVIDE THE OFFENSE. You help me get Venables as my D.C., and this program will be an intriguing topic of conversation immediately in College football. We will get good press and it will open doors to top talent. You were willing to offer Gus Malzahn a lot more than you are paying me. Spend some of that and let's roll."

Let Venables have full control of the defense, building his entire staff with his own personal choices.

Hey, I get that it is all highly improbable given our history, but it would be great news to these old ears. I'd begin to believe I just may live long enough to see a great Razorbacks football team yet!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Al Boarland

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 06:45:20 pm
We are also the low men on the totem pole that puts butts in the seats, buy concessions and purchase their "official licensed products".
And that will still happen because the "hope" card has been played again. The staff hire timeline won't trump the "hope"'card.

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Jimbob111

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 05, 2018, 12:48:03 pm
Or worse.. We already have our guy and a bunch of idiots will believe that we failed no matter what. There really are people here who believe that since CCM said he'd get "The Best" that if he doesn't that makes him a liar and they will complain. Question is, Who IS the best..? Every opinion that is not actually the hire will be pooched lipped and bitchy...

But what will it take for YOU to think "we failed"? Robb Smith looked good on paper and was good, for most of a season. Would a Willy Robinson be a failure? A Randy Shannon?

The problem with failures at a coaching position is that you don't know until AFTER they've failed most times. A proven coach is no guarantee (see Bielema).

A DC who isn't a proven recruiter, who hasn't had a defense that plays fundamentally sound, who hasn't had DBs that look for the ball, who hasn't had a defense that can set the edge, who hasn't had LBs that more often than not are in the right position, is a failure. In other words, ever DC under Bielema was a failure in my book, even during Smith's partial good year.

I don't need a big name DC for it to be a success and a big name doesn't mean it's not a failure hire. The jury is out on Chavis after his stint at A&M. Their defenses were terrible even with first round draft picks (if Chavis wasn't there with Miles Garrett then I'm wrong on that one probably).
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: PorkBilly on January 05, 2018, 01:12:35 pm
Hmmmm. Grown ups sitting on a computer website wanting answers to their questions, most of whom haven't a clue to real world college recruiting, hiring/firing qualified people for coaches, or managing millions of dollars. This once was a site I visited to get thoughtful opinions and information (good/bad) about Ark football. Now you get silly photos, videos, and negative, irrelevent hogwash. What happened?

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

HogPharmer

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 05, 2018, 07:39:16 pm
If you leave now, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a seat.

Only 238 days until opening kickoff!!! Better hurry before the lines get too long!

Supermark101

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 05, 2018, 12:37:18 pm
Here is what I don't understand - if it is Chavis, and A&M has already hired the guy from Notre Dame, why haven't we announced Chavis?

His exit is being negotiated. His contact at A&M is guaranteed for 2018, if he is fired. If he just leave, he gets nothing.

HogPharmer

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 06, 2018, 09:48:50 am
Be the change you wish to see in the world.

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

hogcards

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 05, 2018, 12:37:18 pm
Here is what I don't understand - if it is Chavis, and A&M has already hired the guy from Notre Dame, why haven't we announced Chavis?

Because it's not that geriatric.  There would be zero benefit not to announce him by now if it was him.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

sowmonella

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 06, 2018, 10:24:03 am
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

She was a hottie.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

rljjr

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 06, 2018, 10:21:44 am
His exit is being negotiated. His contact at A&M is guaranteed for 2018, if he is fired. If he just leave, he gets nothing.

This. And the Aggies are just smart enough to know the slower they move the worse it is for us. It's gamesmanship.

okrazorback

I think he will be the last one on the list. Why not? Our head coach was. I mean the only one no other team wanted.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 05, 2018, 07:57:54 pm
For those worried about recruits not knowing, since RD said it is Chavis, I would assume he is talking with recruits already.  And for those who say that is impossible because it would have been leaked, some recruits have mentioned Chavis in recent interviews.
I heard it too.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

opineonswine

Quote from: okrazorback on January 06, 2018, 10:44:26 am
I think he will be the last one on the list. Why not? Our head coach was. I mean the only one no other team wanted.

Are you that dumb or just a troll.

pigmania