Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AU game predictions

Started by Razorod, January 05, 2018, 07:55:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Since a few of us are already starting to call for a victory tomorrow, I thought I'd get the ball rolling with an official predictions thread for the AU game.

I've felt all along that this week would be a split, but I thought we'd beat MSU and lose to AU.

I'm sticking with the split, so obviously I've got the Hogs over the Tigers.

It'll be an up and down game with lots of energy and scoring.

I also think CJ Jones has a big game offensively (more than 12 pts) and Bailey builds on his MSU performance and fills the stat sheet with 10 pts and five or more rebounds, plus energy.

The big three also show out a bit:

Hogs 92
Tigers 86
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HawgTrough

we really need it. a 1-2 start would really kill the momentum this team has built
WPS

Razorod

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 05, 2018, 08:25:59 am
we really need it. a 1-2 start would really kill the momentum this team has built
You are correct.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

bkjbearcat

I want to say Hogs win but until they prove it, I say Auburn.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

majp51

Quote from: Razorod on January 05, 2018, 07:55:34 am
Since a few of us are already starting to call for a victory tomorrow, I thought I'd get the ball rolling with an official predictions thread for the AU game.

I've felt all along that this week would be a split, but I thought we'd beat MSU and lose to AU.

I'm sticking with the split, so obviously I've got the Hogs over the Tigers.

I predict an Auburn Victory. Team is fairly good and it is an away game. I also predict FCJ will come on the board and complain about the refs.

If this were @Bud Walton
Well I would predict an Arkansas victory.

3kgthog

hogsanity

Quote from: majp51 on January 05, 2018, 08:54:56 am
I predict an Auburn Victory. Team is fairly good and it is an away game. I also predict FCJ will come on the board and complain about the refs.

If this were @Bud Walton
Well I would predict an Arkansas victory.

I predict he will be setting up the ref excuse BEFORE the game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorhead94

I predicted we would have a hangover against Miss St. and predicted a Bulldogs win.

This time we'll be a little more rested and refocused.  Typically we play well at Auburn.  Our match-up is a bit better with AU as well.  It'll be a back and forth game but Hogs pull it out at the end with FREE THROWS.

Hogs win 88-84
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

010HogFan

spdhog

It will likely be a game of runs. Up and down, high scoring type of game. This plays into our hands, even on the road. Hogs are focused and Barford makes plays going to the hole in the second half.

Hogs pull it out 93-87

razorpimp

Auburn 84 - Arkansas 74

Free throws
Auburn - 28
Arkansas - 18

TNhawgfan

Auburn shoots more threes than any team in the conference. They hit enough tomorrow to beat us 91 to 83
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

popcornhog

I honestly y would set it as a pick em.

It's a huge game for both teams. Auburn needs the statement game and the signature early SEC win and we need to regain momentum and keep the road record at .500.
WPS

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

gmarv54

HognotinMemphis

If Arkansas out-rebounds Auburn and shoots about the same # of FT's, Arkansas will win. If not, Arkansas will lose.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

b-ball coach

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

phadedhawg

MSU was the road game to win in this 2 game stretch.  Though we need it badly, I don't see it happening. 

Auburn 78
Arkansas 64

BannerMountainMan

I predict whoever makes more baskets wins..oh wait I forgot you can make 7 more baskets and then somehow the other team gets 28 more free shots
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The Hogfather

k.c.hawg

Hogs    86
AU       81

FBI arrests Bruce Pearl at the 12 minute mark of the 2nd Half, and have to drag his schweatty arse off the floor.

Signed: Hogvillain with sources
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

RacinRazorback

Hate to say it but AWBERN wins 95-72! Our inability to guard the 3 pt line and our struggles at the ft line will be our undoing! they will attempt at least 15 more free throws than us!

niels_boar

The two teams play at the same pace. It has led to both squads playing well on the other's home court.  Worrisome is that Auburn excels on the offensive glass and shoots FTs incredibly well up and down the lineup.  We have to win the TO battle and keep pace in treys.  Our guards have to rebound.  Auburn is smallish and not strong on inside scoring.  Gafford may need to board more than he needs to block shots.  If they start getting to the line, we have to get to a defense where we aren't fouling.   

On the flip side the pace may allow the second unit to score more easily and make them more usable.  It would help if we could keep Jones on the floor and have him go off from the perimeter.  Likewise, Hall's combination of perimeter D and ability to board could come in handy.   This game should play to Bailey's strengths. However, the second unit has had TO problems, and Auburn pressures.

It's a road game.  Wins usually involve your stars making shots.  An Auburn win probably has them winning FTs and treys decisively.  An Arkansas win probably involves us staying in shouting distance in those areas, winning TOs, and winning deuces decisively.  It's an opportunity to correct the problems that we had against MSU.  It would be our best win since OU.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

thebignasty

I think we pull this one out.

BroyledNutts

TheRazorback500

Tigers 88-81.

The pattern continues.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Going out on a limb and predicting the upset.

Workmanlike win by 8.

BassinHawg

Auburn 87
Arkansas 74

Hogs still not over the New Years day hangovers!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

870hogfan

TeufelHog

Auburn 86 . . . Arkansas 64

Dropkick

jst01

auburn will win. Hogs just can't play the same ball away from home. They play a step slower and play lazy D on the road. Until they learn to create their own emotion and intensity (without the home crowd), they will always be very inconsistent on the road.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

RazorMack

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

PORKULATOR

We go off. Win by 17.
Woopigsooie
NEVER YIELD
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

alohawg

This is a huge momentum game, either way will have a lasting impact. Must win, imo.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ShadowHawg

Auburn is fat and happy after going to Pearl's former job and winning. They say they are hungry for more but a squad that hasn't had success probably won't handle it well either.

I think they start flat. We put some distance between us and keep them at arms length.

Tennessee was a great matchup for them as neither team has a lot of size. If Gafford stays out of foul trouble he will alter a lot of shots that we clean up, push, and get easy baskets from.

93-85, Arkansas

cardsNhogs

razorpimp

A good coach keeps their team hungry....I haven't seen that from Mike except end of the year last year....Pearl will keep his team hungry

Auburn 84 - Arkansas 74

hogcards

Tight game and lower scoring than expected.

Hogs 81
Awwwburn 76
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

razorback1829

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 07:28:06 am
A good coach keeps their team hungry....I haven't seen that from Mike except end of the year last year....Pearl will keep his team hungry

Auburn 84 - Arkansas 74

Can I nominate this in as dumbest post of the thread?

Letsroll1200

Dominated Auburn last season. Arkansas 85 Auburn 71

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorpimp on January 06, 2018, 07:28:06 am

Auburn 84 - Arkansas 74

The only thing Auburn players are hungry for is a blank check.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 05, 2018, 10:23:53 pm
We go off. Win by 17.
Woopigsooie
NEVER YIELD
Arkansas has yielded a lot over past 15 years, especially in basketball. Not only yielded, Arkansas has put it in park and gotten out of its vehicle.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

VirginiaHog

Dominicanhog

95-94   Hogs in a thriller...

Breems

Heart tells me we can win this one. Brain tells me a blowout loss is all too likely.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

elksnort

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 06, 2018, 08:20:39 am
Can I nominate this in as dumbest post of the thread?
Hyperbole?
It's not really dumb at all.