Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Notre Dame’s DC Mike Elko to Texas A&M free -up Chavis?

Started by SirCHog2, January 04, 2018, 08:05:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SirCHog2

WOOPIGDOOIE

SirCHog2

pigmania

interesting that A&M can name their new DC sooner than we can, when we're suppose to get Chavis. Can't figure out why it takes us so long to make announcements.

Wild Bill Hog

What difference does it make what TAMU and Notre Dame do?  I read on Hogville that we're getting that dude that used to be at Okie and is at Clemson now.

pigmania

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 09:34:30 pm
What difference does it make what TAMU and Notre Dame do?  I read on Hogville that we're getting that dude that used to be at Okie and is at Clemson now.
At least Hogville is faster at making announcements than the UA.

Pork Twain

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 09:29:11 pm
interesting that A&M can name their new DC sooner than we can, when we’re suppose to get Chavis. Can’t figure out why it takes us so long to make announcements.
Is that really interesting?  Do you know how much we just paid in buy-outs for Long and Bret?  Why pay one for Chavis, if he is let go by A&M after they hire a new guy?  Not my money but it seems like common sense, especially during a dead period.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

pigmania

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 04, 2018, 09:54:30 pm
Is that really interesting?  Do you know how much we just paid in buy-outs for Long and Bret?  Why pay one for Chavis, if he is let go by A&M after they hire a new guy?  Not my money but it seems like common sense, especially during a dead period.
So they announced Elko as DC but have not officially fired Chavis. Is that correct?

East Clintwood

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 09:57:42 pm
So they announced Elko as DC but have not officially fired Chavis. Is that correct?

Maybe they're intending to keep him as the country's highest paid linebacker coach.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

pigmania

Quote from: East Clintwood on January 04, 2018, 10:08:42 pm

Maybe they're intending to keep him as the country's highest paid linebacker coach.
Or is Arkansas being played like we always do. Holding out for Chavis and he never gets fired and stays on.

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 09:29:11 pm
interesting that A&M can name their new DC sooner than we can, when we're suppose to get Chavis. Can't figure out why it takes us so long to make announcements.

It's been posted 100 times, but I'll post it again. We can't hire Chavis until he is let go by A&M otherwise we are paying his 1.5 Million buyout. They are hiring Elko, so within the next few days they will be firing Chavis. Then we hire him.

Why is that so hard to understand for people?

colbs

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 10:12:54 pm
Or is Arkansas being played like we always do. Holding out for Chavis and he never gets fired and stays on.
I think a good indication he is coming is one of his good friends Steve Caldwell resigned at Boise and is RT Razorback stuff. 

Hogindasticks

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 10:16:35 pm
It's been posted 100 times, but I'll post it again. We can't hire Chavis until he is let go by A&M otherwise we are paying his 1.5 Million buyout. They are hiring Elko, so within the next few days they will be firing Chavis. Then we hire him.

OR we are working on hiring Venables....lol.....Is that so hard to understand?    There could be another OPTION!

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: colbs on January 04, 2018, 10:17:06 pm
I think a good indication he is coming is one of his good friends Steve Caldwell resigned at Boise and is RT Razorback stuff.
But Caldwell has ties to the state, even coached here before. I know he coached with Chavis, but its not that unlikely he would come to Arkansas even if Chavis didnt

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 04, 2018, 10:20:09 pm
OR we are working on hiring Venables....lol.....Is that so hard to understand?    There could be another OPTION!

That's not happening. The sooner you get that out of your mind, the better you will feel.

colbs

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 04, 2018, 10:23:34 pm
But Caldwell has ties to the state, even coached here before. I know he coached with Chavis, but its not that unlikely he would come to Arkansas even if Chavis didnt
Chavis had a big say so on who was coming with him.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 04, 2018, 10:20:09 pm
I just cant see it being Venables, but i can see them looking at other options

pigmania

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 10:16:35 pm

You usually fire a guy then hire his replacement, not hire a guy and keep holding on to the guy he is suppose to replace. My question is why hasn't A&M not fired Chavis yet? What are they waiting for?

Hogindasticks

Hogindasticks

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 10:25:07 pm
That's not happening. The sooner you get that out of your mind, the better you will feel.

Norvell has passed and all is well....lol

snf6278

Is the coaches convention this weekend? Maybe Coach Morris is waiting  until this weekend to finalize everything since most coaches will be there. Just my opinion, but this might be what takes place. I'm just ready to move forward from everything

Pig in the Pokey

LOL!! you are a real special one
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 10:34:02 pm
You usually fire a guy then hire his replacement, not hire a guy and keep holding on to the guy he is suppose to replace. My question is why hasn't A&M not fired Chavis yet? What are they waiting for?
That is usually the way it goes. Unless there was a chance they kept Chavis if they couldn't get the DC they wanted. If Chavis isnt fired tomorrow, then something fishy is going on

Pork Twain

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 09:57:42 pm
I have yet to see anything from the university
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Like we always do?  I guess if you believe everything written on here

RockyMtnHog

---- but Chavis is already on the Hill working or is he?
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 04, 2018, 10:41:09 pm

Don't see how he could be if he is still employed by TAMU.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 10:43:11 pm

Exactly!  A good smoke screen is in place right now.

pigmania

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 04, 2018, 10:41:09 pm
Who knows what the hell is going on. Hogville is as reliable as an ill fitting Kotex during a blowout period.

colbs

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 10:43:11 pm
Whose saying he is still employed at A&M...

pigmania

Quote from: colbs on January 04, 2018, 10:49:09 pm
Whose saying he is still employed at A&M...
Surely someone out there would know and report it if he was let go. It's been dead silent out of the A&M.

colbs

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 10:54:27 pm
Surely someone out there would know and report it if he was let go. It's been dead silent out of the A&M.
How long did it take for someone to find the termination letters for the previous assistants?

pigmania

Quote from: colbs on January 04, 2018, 10:58:33 pm
How long did it take for someone to find the termination letters for the previous assistants?
If Arkansas wants Chavis, I think A&M is being a Di*k and holding onto him so we will have to pay his buyout and to slow us down with putting a staff together. I wouldn't put it past the Aggies to do something like that.

PonderinHog

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 11:04:19 pm
If Arkansas wants Chavis, I think A&M is being a Di*k and holding onto him so we will have to pay his buyout and to slow us down with putting a staff together. I wouldn't put it past the Aggies to do something like that.
A&M's clock is running too, right?  Dead period ends soon.  Or can they have two DC's?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 04, 2018, 11:07:00 pm
A&M's clock is running too, right?  Dead period ends soon.  Or can they have two DC's?
Double the recruiting power

pigmania

My guess is A&M is wealthy enough to have pretty much what they want. I've never seen money being an issue with them.

RockyMtnHog

They can have CO-DCs but that is unlikely.

PonderinHog

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 04, 2018, 11:09:27 pm
They can have CO-DCs but that is unlikely.
I'm not familiar with the language in Chavis' contract, but that sounds like a way out for Chavis if they have hired another DC.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 04, 2018, 11:17:20 pm
I'm not familiar with the language in Chavis' contract, but that sounds like a way out for Chavis if they have hired another DC.

A&M has hired Elko from Notre Dame as the DC.

PonderinHog

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 04, 2018, 11:19:07 pm
A&M has hired Elko from Notre Dame as the DC.
Then it's just a matter of time, right?  I think I'll go with Richard Davenport on this one.

QuoteChavis is the man.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 04, 2018, 11:23:48 pm
Then it's just a matter of time, right?  I think I'll go with Richard Davenport on this one.
Yeah, pretty much guaranteed it for me when he said it was Chavis

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 10:34:02 pm

Probably because he hasn't officially been hired yet.

Three and Snout

HogNTX

Nashville Fan

I am very sure they don't want Chavis recruiting for them if they are about to fire him.
Pittman or Bust!

SPAL

Still hearing Reggie herring is being considered. The hold up right now, as I understand it, is clearing it with the Susan G Komen foundation.