Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randy on drive time rumor

Started by checkraiser88, January 04, 2018, 05:24:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

Quote from: regi on January 04, 2018, 07:05:08 pm
RR is like Anchorman,  he will read anything,  off that live fan feedback line.  Verbatim

He's more like Brick Tamlin

Deep Shoat

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 06:45:10 pm
What was his Hogville username then? We are all very credible around here.
notshavintilnuttgone
All Gas, No Brakes!

hoglady

It makes no sense and could spell potential career suicide for Venables.
Why would you leave a juggernaut you helped build at Clemson - to come to a bad Arkansas defense.
Then if he isn't hugely successful here - he no longer is considered one of the best DC coordinators in college football.
Just can't see it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HOGINTENNESSEE

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: hoglady on January 04, 2018, 08:37:37 pm
Why would you leave a juggernaut you helped build at Clemson - to come to a bad Arkansas defense.
Then if he isn't hugely successful here - he no longer is considered one of the best DC coordinators in college football.
Just can't see it.

People said the same thing when he left juggernaut OU to go to a bad Clemson. The dude isn't coming, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing he's ever done.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 08:41:22 pm
People said the same thing when he left juggernaut OU to go to a bad Clemson. The dude isn't coming, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing he's ever done.

No they didn't. Venables was ran out of OU

Wild Bill Hog

Just can't see it.

I have no source, but I am certain BV is not leaving Clemson.  Would make no sense at all, and I don't think anyone even thinks it's a remote possibility.

The whole thing got started when somebody sent it in via Drive Time Sports' "live fan feedback" and Rainwater simply read it on air like he does during his show.

Snout team

Just can't see it.

OTOH if he came here and built a juggernaut defense he would be considered the greatest DC of all time....hands down.

But yeah, it's Chavis.  At least if that doesn't fall through during final negotiations.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

duckman

The only fact I know is Morris asked for more money for hiring assistants earlier this week.  I posted that two days ago and of course I was mocked.  Today the Venebles talk began.  Coincidence?  Who knows....  But I do know for a fact more money was requested.

Polecat

My favorites from Randy:

Offenseev
Defenseev
Jogger-nut (juggernaut)
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Kevin

Quote from: duckman on January 04, 2018, 08:54:46 pm
The only fact I know is Morris asked for more money for hiring assistants earlier this week.  I posted that two days ago and of course I was mocked.  Today the Venebles talk began.  Coincidence?  Who knows....  But I do know for a fact more money was requested.

question is did he get it?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Wild Bill Hog

I didn't see your post from two days ago, but I believe what you say about the money request.  I just don't believe that somebody sending a rumor about BV into Randy Rainwater is something to be taken seriously.

spacityleopard

BroyledNutts

Was it to buy out Chavis from A&M ?

duckman

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 04, 2018, 09:12:30 pm
Was it to buy out Chavis from A&M ?

No idea what is was for...

But I will ask in the morning...

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Polecat on January 04, 2018, 08:57:45 pm
My favorites from Randy:

Offenseev
Defenseev
Jogger-nut (juggernaut)

HAHA

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 04, 2018, 08:45:18 pm
No they didn't. Venables was ran out of OU

And Bob hired his brother as DC...nepotism at its best.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

duckman

One observation:

If Chavis was already a done deal why ask for more money THIS WEEK?

Kevin

Quote from: duckman on January 04, 2018, 09:22:45 pm
One observation:

unless it is for somebody he wants to bring in
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

(notOM)Rebel123

One observation:

With all due respect...How you are spending time on HV with that "avatar" at home is beyond me.
Kudos my friend.

Maybe I should have sent a PM

B Ray

One observation:

when LSU DC declined A&M , more money to pay buyout or was the money requested for money to entice other DC .

grayhawg

One observation:

Maybe he was redecorating his office, but for the second time in this thread Venables ain't coming.

The Hawg Marshal

We can speculate all we want, but we should know by the time the dead period is over. Relax fellas.

duckman

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 04, 2018, 09:25:39 pm
With all due respect...How you are spending time on HV with that "avatar" at home is beyond me.
Kudos my friend.

Here, let me show you....

We have a new addition.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Think of the coaching talent UA could buy or at least make a run at if they were paying Jabba The Bert $6mil to sit on his ass and ruin seat cushions instead of $15+
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: duckman on January 04, 2018, 09:29:03 pm

We have a new addition.

Ha! Awesome. Congrats! Great looking Santa right there.
Good for you, buddy.

247Hog

Quote from: duckman on January 04, 2018, 09:29:03 pm

We have a new addition.

+ 1 for the new addition.

Being a dad is the best thing in the world.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Polecat on January 04, 2018, 08:57:45 pm
My favorites from Randy:

Offenseev
Defenseev
Jogger-nut (juggernaut)

Ath a lete  or   ath a letic
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: 247Hog on January 04, 2018, 09:32:39 pm
+ 1 for the new addition.

Being a dad is the best thing in the world.

No doubt! Certainly changes one's perspective on things.  Nothing  like it.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 05:26:29 pm
Maybe when pigs fly... We have some fast piggies on our team, but they aren't flying yet.
Ahem... 

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 04, 2018, 09:33:34 pm
Ath a lete  or   ath a letic

Can't forget "There's more than two sides to a coin".

porkrindjimmy

One observation:

Exactly.

Especially if he is already working on the hill.

PRJ

Hogindasticks

mckinneyhog5

We could of had BV as our HC but we sold out to get Gus. Couldn't get everyone on the same page for BV to come here. He sure the hell ain't coming here to be DC.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

duckman

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 10:15:00 pm
We could of had BV as our HC but we sold out to get Gus. Couldn't get everyone on the same page for BV to come here. He sure the hell ain't coming here to be DC.

You sure of that?

Mike Irwin

As crazy as it sounds I must admit that I've never dismissed the Venables rumors as total nonsense. There are things about the alleged Chavis hire that don't add up. It's probably him but I would not be shocked if it's not.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 04, 2018, 05:24:12 pm
Venables at 2.1 mill for 5 years

Considering Chavis is ALREADY on the job.

Philip Seaton

One observation:

For the OTHER assistants.

duckman

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 04, 2018, 10:16:47 pm
As crazy as it sounds I must admit that I've never dismissed the Venables rumors as total nonsense. There are things about the alleged Chavis hire that don't add up. It's probably him but I would not be shocked if it's not.

My big thing is why wait this long?  Doesn't seem to pass the smell test, but who knows...

duckman

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 04, 2018, 10:18:50 pm
For the OTHER assistants.

Could be, I never said what it was for....  Timing is odd though.

HogNTX

If it is the former OU DC then at least he has a reasonable buyout.

urkillnmesmalls

Several years back, I think it would be more likely, because it seemed like coordinators wanted to "prove" themselves and get out of the "shadow" of a successful HC and prove themselves at another location.  But...we've started to see that isn't necessary with the latest moves, including Kirby Smart to UGA DESPITE many people suggesting that he was nothing more than Saban's "yes man, puppet boy." 

The clincher for me was when his son committed.  To me, that was the writing on the wall, because if he was headed to Arkansas I'm sure he would have waited and followed him.  Stranger things have happened....but not much stranger than that! 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

colbs

Quote from: duckman on January 04, 2018, 10:19:00 pm
My big thing is why wait this long?  Doesn't seem to pass the smell test, but who knows...
Morris has said he wants to name everyone at the same time.  No one has been announced yet.

Scott7703

One observation:

I do not believe he's asked for anymore money.

Pig in the Pokey

Just can't see it.
he literally did the same thing when he went from mighty oklahoma to lil ole clemson.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

same
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 04, 2018, 10:40:03 pm
he literally did the same thing when he went from mighty oklahoma to lil ole clemson.
But didn't he pretty much get run out of OU?

arkansasbred

Ahhh now here is the Hogville I know and love!

Sivad

Richard Davenport