Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have an idea for our big DC reveal...

Started by Hopeful Hog, January 04, 2018, 04:17:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopeful Hog

Morris should set up a table in Bud Walton, have hat's with at least 4 different DC faces on them and recruit commitment thing. He should wait until Feb to reveal it also. I know I know that seems to be a little sooner than he'd prefer obviously but for this much of a show I think the rush would be worth it.

Hopeful Hog

Wait wait I've got a better twist on it. Instead of Morris putting the hat on he could tap the one he wanted and the DC would stick his head up through the table under the hat. So he'd be wearing a hat with his own face on it. That would be a press conference that would go down in infamy.

Inhogswetrust

I'd be worried if one of those is a Baylor hat.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FutureMan

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 04, 2018, 04:29:52 pm
Wait wait I've got a better twist on it. Instead of Morris putting the hat on he could tap the one he wanted and the DC would stick his head up through the table under the hat. So he'd be wearing a hat with his own face on it. That would be a press conference that would go down in infamy.

I gotta admit, this made me laugh.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Hopeful Hog

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 04, 2018, 04:54:42 pm
I'd be worried if one of those is a Baylor hat.......................

Only if the rest of the hat's coat $5

1texashogfan

Then Hogville can host a whack-a-mole contest to determine the new DC.
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.  Winston Churchill

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ragnar Hogbrok

And no matter which DC's head popped up, there'd be a Hogville poster waiting like this.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Pudgepork

Gotta have dancing girls.    And wine.  Dancing  girls drinking wine

HogT

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 04, 2018, 04:17:34 pm
Morris should set up a table in Bud Walton, have hat's with at least 4 different DC faces on them and recruit commitment thing. He should wait until Feb to reveal it also. I know I know that seems to be a little sooner than he'd prefer obviously but for this much of a show I think the rush would be worth it.

Not hats 4 packs of Redbull.

#hammerdown
#fulltiltboogie
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

Falco

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 04, 2018, 04:17:34 pm

Only if our friend Tatiana from Earle High School covers the live feed.

Rise Up

Hogsfan1981

Yeah it is becoming a joke at this point.

I want to believe the wait is good for the Hogs.  Guess I am old fashion but a big press conference for hiring a DC could backfire if our defense is pitiful and we know that could happen.  Can you imagine the press showing the immature press conference hiring the person and then the results of that hire.  Another opportunity for the entire football world to laugh at us again.  We will be years living down the Mr. Integrity and his 5 year plan to reach lower G5 status.  I would like for us to quietly step forth and start building a program that doesn't look like Bozo the Clown.

RacinRazorback

I just wish he would name the new DC and get it over with! I don't understand the looooong wait?? If he has one all wrapped up, at this point why not name him? The longer this goes on the more it makes you question if there is someone or are we gonna be grasping at straws because he didn't get who he thought he had? He made a bold statement about the new DC and so far I'm not so sure he can back up that bold statement! I guess we will continue to sit in limbo, gotta worry recruits on the defensive side. WPS!!

Michael D Huff AIA

How about a Facebook Live video where we break into the Clemson athletic center and steal Bret Venables name plate off of his office door.  That would be awesome.

bob slydell

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on January 05, 2018, 11:14:13 am
How about a Facebook Live video where we break into the Clemson athletic center and steal Bret Venables name plate off of his office door.  That would be awesome.

You might be walking the halls for a while.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 04, 2018, 05:05:28 pm
Only if the rest of the hat's coat $5

Zing, you made me laugh twice in this thread.