Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hats off to Wally Hall for telling it like it is about the refs 40

Started by forrest city joe, January 04, 2018, 01:18:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on January 04, 2018, 07:29:29 pm
Posted this in another thread I think but it bears repeating:

Almost 50% of the 2 point shots Miss St took resulted in a shooting foul.  Every other freaking shot they took inside the 3 point line, they were fouled on, by average.

That doesn't sound fishy?  Have you ever seen a college team foul the shooter on every other shot they took inside the 3 point line.  And it's not like it was a hack-a-shaq, we weren't facing some huge inside threat, it was Miss St. 

Shady as Hell.
It was total BS. and anyone who is not a Mike Anderson hater knows it. those refs gave Miss.State that game.

Kevin

would you take your hat off, if he would have wrote, hogs play lost game, not referees
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

3kgthog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2018, 01:58:43 pm
MSU is the least whistled team in the SEC, they may play tough D but they do so without fouling too much. One thing they do not do is slap at the ball.

A concept no Mike team has ever grasped or been taught.

I watched a Lute Olsen coaching video several years ago and he tore into his players every time they extended an arm to check the offensive player. He told them they didn't need to use their hands if their feet were in the right place. I think of that every time I see our opponents turn our hips and get us to chase.

The Hogfather

Quote from: BRHogfan on January 04, 2018, 02:25:57 pm
Arkansas opponents average around 23 Free Throws per game and Arkansas does the same.  Mississippi State held us below their opponents average in free throws and shot well above their average.

Minnesota and UNC are two teams that had a large discrepancy against us.  37 & 13 and 21 & 8, but Mississippi State is more alarming because they are not as good as those team.

Minnesota and UNC were both highly ranked, while we were not.  We have ro be the only ranked team in college basketball that gets more calls against them after they become ranked than before.

Randohoggie

Quote from: beachhog on January 04, 2018, 05:46:27 pm
I think we should drive more and settle less for jump shots.  We have a guard heavy lineup and so we should be at the FT line a lot more.  I also notice we miss post ups a lot and instead swing to other side for a three.  Drive and dish.

I respect Beard but we are lacking a true PG - floor general. 

What is the skill level of our team.  Are we ablet to produce the results we all want?

For crying out loud, do you people have any idea what you are talking about?  We are in the top 4 in the SEC in FTA.  We almost always have more FTA than our opponent.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 04, 2018, 08:18:11 pm
For crying out loud, do you people have any idea what you are talking about?  We are in the top 4 in the SEC in FTA.  We almost always have more FTA than our opponent.
Show me a game this year where we shot 40 FT to 12. you won't because you can't.in 2 sec games this year.the other team has shot 66 FT to Arkansas 43.Arkansas only shot 7 more FT at home than TN. Miss.state shot 40 FT to Arkansas 12.so get that crap out of here! those refs gave Miss.State that game. and your BS spin won't change that fact.they flat out suck!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 04, 2018, 08:34:13 pm
Show me a game this year where we shot 40 FT to 12. you won't because you can't.in 2 sec games this year.the other team has shot 66 FT to Arkansas 43.Arkansas only shot 7 more FT at home than TN. Miss.state shot 40 FT to Arkansas 12.so get that crap out of here! those refs gave Miss.State that game. and your BS spin won't change that fact.they flat out suck!

I think you missed his point
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Randohoggie

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 04, 2018, 08:35:08 pm
I think you missed his point

Yeah, he did.  Arkansas generally gets more FT attempts than their opponents, largely because Barford, Macon and Beard drive quite a bit.  That's why the MSU FT disparity was so glaring.

Randohoggie

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 04, 2018, 08:34:13 pm

I'm on your side, Joe.  Get a grip.

beachhog

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 04, 2018, 08:18:11 pm
It's called basketball IQ.  We shoot too many jump shots, especially early in the game. When you have that many quick guards they should drive to the basket more.  Score or create.

Randohoggie

Quote from: beachhog on January 04, 2018, 08:46:03 pm
It's called basketball IQ.  We shoot too many jump shots. When you have that many quick guards they should drive to the basket.  Score or create. Have you ever coached or played basketball before?

Yeah.  I have.  You are wrong.  How do you explain that we are near the top of the SEC in FTA if all we do is shoot jump shots?  Have you ever watched Macon, Beard and Barford play? They all attack the basket.

Randohoggie

It's called basketball IQ.  We shoot too many jump shots, especially early in the game. When you have that many quick guards they should drive to the basket more.  Score or create.

To add to this, Barford, Macon and Beard are all 3 in the top 24 in the SEC in FTA.  You were saying?

beachhog

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 04, 2018, 08:49:49 pm
Yeah.  I have.  You are wrong.  How do you explain that we are near the top of the SEC in FTA if all we do is shoot jump shots?  Have you ever watched Macon, Beard and Barford play? They all attack the basket.
Not wrong.  I have watched them and they still shoot too many jump shots.  Re-watch the games and you will notice how in the first half we settle for jump shots. We should be top in the NCAA division one for FTA. 

Lady Razorback

Quote from: hobhog on January 04, 2018, 03:51:07 pm
Note how the article about poor defensive rebounding hasn't been mentioned. That and turnovers cost us that game IMO.

I said that thing in the game thread.  While watching I don't recall at all feeling like we were getting robbed on the calls.  Any player will tell you that you shouldn't leave the game in the refs hands.  However post game I see the discrepancy and I find that difficult to understand, other than we play a very aggressive defense.  But MSU is also thought to have strong defensive play, so you would have thought fouls would have been more even. 

We aren't the same team on the floor when Daniel Gafford is not in the game and we need him to learn to be tough out there without fouling.  I see this a function of maturity, when he understands that he needs to be on the floor for his team.  We need a stronger player at 4 and it seems to me that CMA still hasn't found that person yet.  That would not have been such an issue without injuries and the absence of talent this year at that position. 

beachhog

Quote from: Lady Razorback on January 04, 2018, 08:54:48 pm
I said that thing in the game thread.  While watching I don't recall at all feeling like we were getting robbed on the calls.  Any player will tell you that you shouldn't leave the game in the refs hands.  However post game I see the discrepancy and I find that difficult to understand, other than we play a very aggressive defense.  But MSU is also thought to have strong defensive play, so you would have thought fouls would have been more even. 

We aren't the same team on the floor when Daniel Gafford is not in the game and we need him to learn to be tough out there without fouling.  I see this a function of maturity, when he understands that he needs to be on the floor for his team.  We need a stronger player at 4 and it seems to me that CMA still hasn't found that person yet.  That would not have been such an issue without injuries and the absence of talent this year at that position. 
You are correct.  Also a lot offensive rebounds can create more FT's.

forrest city joe

Bull crap!our guys drove to the basket a lot. they just did not get any calls.while Miss.State got call after call after call.sorry but you are wrong. i have the game on video tape. my eyes are not lying to me.

Randohoggie

Quote from: beachhog on January 04, 2018, 08:54:02 pm
Not wrong.  I have watched them and they still shoot too many jump shots.  Re-watch the games and you will notice how in the first half we settle for jump shots. We should be top in the NCAA division one for FTA.

Hyperbole.  Discussion over.

Nickle-Pig

Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

jfred59

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2018, 02:44:15 pm
Believe me Joe, we ALL know you talk about the refs all the time because you have NO FREAKING CLUE about actually calling a game.

I am just reading this and yeah I complain about the Refs a bunch but I agree with Joe, these guys should be canned.  Joe Lindsey was the same way last year.  Are you an official?  If so why are you not out there calling SEC games so you can be right there with them and defending them.  Honestly most college basketball officials are not that good.

FATHAWG08

If you go back and watch the game carefully you will see a lot of hand checking. This can be called on every possession. Q.Weatherspoon was hand checking Barford all night as well as N.Weatherspoon was hand checking Macon every time he attempted to drive to the basket. This is Arkansas bread/butter. If they are not getting this called it is going to be a close game if they call it Arkansas wins easily. Arkansas is almost unbeatable when Barford/Macon decide to attack the basket because Barford is a good FT shooter Macon is a great one. This was the reason Arkansas  played so well on the road last year. Arkansas is too aggressive offensively not to get in the bonus in either half.
I love off season Football!!

hawgfan4life

Listened to an official on the morning show saying AR shot too well and didn't get very many opportunities to shoot free throws.  Really get tired of the officials defending officiating all the time.  If they were called for fouls, we would have had several and ones if we were making so many shots.  Or, do officials wait to see if the shot goes in before calling the foul?  That also implies that AR had to be shooting for them to had fouled us.  That was the dumbest Argument I ever heard. 

mykidsdad

Quote from: beachhog on January 04, 2018, 08:54:02 pm

Except for the fact the we did drive multiple times to the basket, drew contact and nothing was called. Barford did this multiple times. What would you do if you drive the ball and keep getting fouled with no call, yep that is right start pulling up and shooting jumpers.

RacinRazorback

No doubt the FT line discrepancy was bogus, but we didn't help ourselves either! As few attempts as we got from the line if we had made a decent % of them we would have won! Our last minute of game play was awful and with SR guard play which was suppose to be our strength! NOT! Gafford is good, but has a long way to go, making free throws being an important one for us to be successful this year! Free Throws are THE EASIEST part of the game and most games they determine the outcome of the game! Practice, Practice, Practice!

RagingHawgOn

Screw Wally.

And, screw anyone who thinks the refs beat us in Starkville. 

Here's a novel idea for MA:  make our guys hit 10/10 FTs before they can leave the practice court. .

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 04, 2018, 09:46:19 pm
Listened to an official on the morning show saying AR shot too well and didn't get very many opportunities to shoot free throws.  That also implies that AR had to be shooting for them to had fouled us.  That was the dumbest Argument I ever heard. 

Not what he was saying at all. His point was MSu missed a bunch of shots because they got fouled shooting them, which happens around the rim and especially on put back attempts. Hogs were knocking down jumpers and were not being fouled shooting them.

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 04, 2018, 09:46:19 pm
  Really get tired of the officials defending officiating all the time. 

Yea, much better to hear a bunch of people who know nothing about officials or officiating pontificating on how bad, biased, corrupt the officials are. How dare officials, who actually know what it is like to go out on a court with 10 humans moving around in a space approx 94x48, making contact all the time, how dare they actually try to point out those that do not do that have no idea what they are talking about.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Kevin on January 04, 2018, 08:09:03 pm
would you take your hat off, if he would have wrote, hogs play lost game, not referees

Shocking, FCJ or anyone else did not bother to answer this. The answer, of course, is no. One of the most hypocritical things on Hogville is how people will just bash a writer for moths or years as a hack, corporate lackey, mouth piece for the ptb etc, but then they write an article supporting something these people like and suddenly the writer should win a pulitzer.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LA Football fan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 05, 2018, 08:30:01 am
Shocking, FCJ or anyone else did not bother to answer this. The answer, of course, is no. One of the most hypocritical things on Hogville is how people will just bash a writer for moths or years as a hack, corporate lackey, mouth piece for the ptb etc, but then they write an article supporting something these people like and suddenly the writer should win a pulitzer.

Your BS is  getting  quite old.  Your CONSTANT defending  what  happened tuesday night is humorous to say the least.  You already have had OFFICIALS saying the foul and free throw disparity was way out of line.  No matter how YOU try to play it off, those officials SUCKED tuesday night and if you want  to throw your hat in with them, go ahead, only makes YOU look like a complete buffoon. 

Arkansas could have won but they would have had to practically play a perfect game due to how the game was called.  MSU got more offensive rebounds because they MISSED MORE shots.  Common sense.  If we had been shooting worse, WE would  have gotten about the same amount of offensive boards.  When you shoot above 50% and the other team shoots 39% it is common sense that you won't have as many offensive board opportunities as your opponent.

It SHOULD not require a  road team to have to play a PERFECT game to win on the road because the officials give the  home team 4 TIMES as many free throw opportunities.  When YOU start calling SEC games and WE can see your body of work, THEN your opinion might hold some weight.  You are a joke of a poster that has been called out by most of this board since you joined.  Keep propping  up those officials.  Only adds to your laughable reputation as a knowledgeable poster.

hogsanity

Quote from: LA Football fan on January 05, 2018, 09:31:02 am

When YOU start calling SEC games and WE can see your body of work, THEN your opinion might hold some weight.  You are a joke of a poster that has been called out by most of this board since you joined.  Keep propping  up those officials.  Only adds to your laughable reputation as a knowledgeable poster.

So, to comment on the refs one has to call SEC games? Ok, when was the last sec game you called?

mykidsdad

Quote from: hogsanity on January 05, 2018, 08:30:01 am

Hogsanity the most predictable poster in hogville. hogsanity whose only take is 'the refs were good' or 'Refing is hard' or my favorite 'hogs slap too much' (which btw shows how little this moron knows because it appears he doesn't even watch the game).

For your information, refsanity, no one was complaining about the number of fouls called on the hogs. People are commenting on the lack of calls against the home team. I know that is difficult for someone ho is intellectually challenged to comprehend, but perhaps you can call some and let them explain it to you.

Btw, don't they have any ref fan boards for you to join?

hogsanity

Quote from: mykidsdad on January 05, 2018, 09:42:59 am
Hogsanity the most predictable poster in hogville. hogsanity whose only take is 'the refs were good' or 'Refing is hard' or my favorite 'hogs slap too much' (which btw shows how little this moron knows because it appears he doesn't even watch the game).

For your information, refsanity, no one was complaining about the number of fouls called on the hogs. People are commenting on the lack of calls against the home team. I know that is difficult for someone ho is intellectually challenged to comprehend, but perhaps you can call some and let them explain it to you.

Ah yes, when you got nothing, make it personal.

So, let me ask you this, were the TN fans right that the refs were terrible last Sat when they had 4 players foul out and they were claiming they got hosed?

forrest city joe

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 05, 2018, 07:52:03 am
Screw Wally.

And, screw anyone who thinks the refs beat us in Starkville. 

Here's a novel idea for MA:  make our guys hit 10/10 FTs before they can leave the practice court. .

Screw you. Anderson haters like you make me sick!

hawgfan4life

Quote from: hogsanity on January 05, 2018, 08:24:32 am
Not what he was saying at all. His point was MSu missed a bunch of shots because they got fouled shooting them, which happens around the rim and especially on put back attempts. Hogs were knocking down jumpers and were not being fouled shooting them.

Yea, much better to hear a bunch of people who know nothing about officials or officiating pontificating on how bad, biased, corrupt the officials are. How dare officials, who actually know what it is like to go out on a court with 10 humans moving around in a space approx 94x48, making contact all the time, how dare they actually try to point out those that do not do that have no idea what they are talking about.

If that is what he meant, he should have said it that way.  He (or you maybe?) went on and on about AR only missing around 10 shots the entire second half and there weren't any opportunities to call fouls.  My post specifically stated that if they were calling similar, we should have gotten some "And Ones!"  Did you read my post closely or simply jump to your protect the officials conclusions and assumptions?  Lastly, like many posters on here, you presume to know a lot about the posters and project your assumptions about them into your posts.  You know nothing about me and what experience or association I have with officials.  You would likely be surprised to know how much I have had the past 25 to 30 years.   The next time I am asked to speak to an official's association, I will pass on my lack of qualifications. 

Hope you don't officiate like you read and post on this site.  If so, you are too emotional, lack clear judgement because of your emotions, and you project your emotions into your decisions making them predisposed to bias.  Say what you want and spin it anyway you like, but the other team got 40 free-throws to 12.   Neither team was that more aggressive than the other or played that much better than the other team within their philosophies.  The officials simply swallowed their whistles too much on one end and they have been called out for it and rightly so.  You want to argue that AR should have won anyway, deserved more fouls, played stupid down the stretch, beat themselves in a variety of ways, and etc. I will have your back.  If you want to debate whether it was called as adequately as it should have been for both teams, I will say you are blindly defending your striped brethren and the truth is not in you.  You know darned well that officials will look at the number of fouls on teams and try to even them up a little all the time.  Coaches point out the discrepancy and they do so at times.  That is a part of the game.  They never tried to even it up a little the other night and now it glares and we see why they practice that "unwritten rule" during competitions.  Good coaches recognize that fact and get key players out when they see that there is about to be some evening of fouls.  Some warn their players in the timeouts that the officials are going to start calling it close on them to even it up a little.  It is part of the game.

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 05, 2018, 10:18:44 am
If that is what he meant, he should have said it that way.  He (or you maybe?) went on and on about AR only missing around 10 shots the entire second half and there weren't any opportunities to call fouls.  My post specifically stated that if they were calling similar, we should have gotten some "And Ones!"  Did you read my post closely or simply jump to your protect the officials conclusions and assumptions?  Lastly, like many posters on here, you presume to know a lot about the posters and project your assumptions about them into your posts.  You know nothing about me and what experience or association I have with officials.  You would likely be surprised to know how much I have had the past 25 to 30 years.   The next time I am asked to speak to an official's association, I will pass on my lack of qualifications. 

Hope you don't officiate like you read and post on this site.  If so, you are too emotional, lack clear judgement because of your emotions, and you project your emotions into your decisions making them predisposed to bias.  Say what you want and spin it anyway you like, but the other team got 40 free-throws to 12.   Neither team was that more aggressive than the other or played that much better than the other team within their philosophies.  The officials simply swallowed their whistles too much on one end and they have been called out for it and rightly so.  You want to argue that AR should have won anyway, deserved more fouls, played stupid down the stretch, beat themselves in a variety of ways, and etc. I will have your back.  If you want to debate whether it was called as adequately as it should have been for both teams, I will say you are blindly defending your striped brethren and the truth is not in you.  You know darned well that officials will look at the number of fouls on teams and try to even them up a little all the time.  Coaches point out the discrepancy and they do so at times.  That is a part of the game.  They never tried to even it up a little the other night and now it glares and we see why they practice that "unwritten rule" during competitions.  Good coaches recognize that fact and get key players out when they see that there is about to be some evening of fouls.  Some warn their players in the timeouts that the officials are going to start calling it close on them to even it up a little.  It is part of the game.

I never mentioned how few shots the Hogs missed, I have no idea what that # is. I know you do not get many and 1's shooting jump shots.

As far as how I call. I call what I see in accord with the rules. I really do not care where I am, who is playing, who the coaches are.

Again, and I am not the only one here who sees it and comments on it, too many blame the refs for every Hog loss. Again, the most comical of all was the blaming the refs for the 30+ pt blow out at OSU last year. When you blame refs for stuff like that, you lose any credibility when talking about officiating. You may not have blamed the refs for that game, but FCJ and the usual group did.

I, nor you, know why the refs called the game the way they did Tues night.

hogsanity

mykidsdad

Quote from: hogsanity on January 05, 2018, 09:48:40 am
Ah yes, when you got nothing, make it personal.

So, let me ask you this, were the TN fans right that the refs were terrible last Sat when they had 4 players foul out and they were claiming they got hosed?

Oh yes. When you see anything about refs you get involved and puke up your BS. Difference is that I and others are catching on to your stale same old crap. What's wrong, http://meninstripes.com down so you have to slum to a hog site?

hogsanity

Quote from: mykidsdad on January 05, 2018, 01:23:55 pm
Oh yes. When you see anything about refs you get involved and puke up your BS. Difference is that I and others are catching on to your stale same old crap. What's wrong, http://meninstripes.com down so you have to slum to a hog site?

you consider hogville a slum site?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 05, 2018, 10:17:23 am
Screw you. Anderson haters like you make me sick!

Easy now Joseph. Don't blow a fuse. You're much more enjoyable when you calmly spew mindless drivel supporting all things MA.

I want MA to win because I'm 100% Hog.  If MA can't get it done, next man up.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 04, 2018, 01:47:29 pm
How many plays did you see that should have resulted in free throws for us that did not?

How many plays did you see that resulted in free throws for them, that should not have?

Break that down and come back and we can discuss.

No need if you watched the game and thought it was fairly called you just don't know anything about basketball. I wouldn't wast time with guys like you who adamantly are on here defending the way that game was called. So you are right they didn't cheat us.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: mykidsdad on January 05, 2018, 09:42:59 am

Hogsanity dude is FOS. He really should find somewhere else to go. If he really officiates please let me know where and I will show up and check out your game.

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on January 05, 2018, 08:24:32 am

you've never coached a college team.  so how is what you described above any different from you commenting on MA and all of his shortcomings?

its pretty clear you prefer the way sports were played before the advent of color television.  you prefer good, solid 10-3 football games.  you prefer good, solid 19-14 four corners basketball, before the shot clock was introduced.  its clear you do not prefer the faster pace with which all games are played now.  its clear you think MA is the worst offender of this style.. and that his "style" equates to nothing more than hacking, reaching and slapping.  its clear you do not think that is how the game should be played.. and you even acknowledged you attempt to "set the tone" early in games you officiate by not allowing that style to be employed.  theres an old saying that says if you look for something hard enough, you are eventually going to find it.  me thinks you see a team fun a fast break.. and it reminds you of your disdain for MA.. and from that moment on you have them pegged as reachers and grabbers.

i mean cmon.. you even admitted you only saw about 5 minutes of the game tuesday night... yet youre going on and on and on about how the fouls and free throw disparity was bc MSU plays such good, sound, 1930s defense... whereas all we do is reach and grab.  whether an official or not, you dont think you have inherent, built in biases??

N HOG

You honestly can't state it any better than Wally did. Ranging from peewee to junior high to high school to college to pro, there should NEVER be a game in which one team shoots 12 FT and the other 40.

PERIOD.

The officials for that game should hang their heads in shame.

Hoggish1

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 04, 2018, 01:18:02 pm
The officials -- Joe Lindsay, Olandis Poole and Ron Groover -- should be ashamed of themselves. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and should not be allowed to call a Razorback game again!

hawgfan4life

Quote from: hogsanity on January 05, 2018, 11:15:42 am
I never mentioned how few shots the Hogs missed, I have no idea what that # is. I know you do not get many and 1's shooting jump shots.

As far as how I call. I call what I see in accord with the rules. I really do not care where I am, who is playing, who the coaches are.

Again, and I am not the only one here who sees it and comments on it, too many blame the refs for every Hog loss. Again, the most comical of all was the blaming the refs for the 30+ pt blow out at OSU last year. When you blame refs for stuff like that, you lose any credibility when talking about officiating. You may not have blamed the refs for that game, but FCJ and the usual group did.

I, nor you, know why the refs called the game the way they did Tues night.

Now you are moving the goal post.  You challenged my post about the official on the radio and called me out as uninformed, ignorant, etc. Then lecturers about officials.  It is true that AR shot a lot of jump shots.  Macon got fouled on a three that wasn't called, but they called one on AR not as obvious.  Maybe AR started shooting more jump shots because they couldn't get a call at all inside.  I have not stated I know what the officials thought, why they called the way they did, and certainly have not said or implied it was capricious in nature.  I have said they didn't do an adequate job.  40 to 12 when the energy level, aggression, and most things were similar other than philosophical schemes don't explain or justify that discrepancy.  Dumba** explanations by officials protecting officials don't excuse the inexcusable.  The refs choked in how they called the game and it impacted the results. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2018, 01:58:43 pm
MSU is the least whistled team in the SEC, they may play tough D but they do so without fouling too much. One thing they do not do is slap at the ball.
This is my wheelhouse. I don't care how well you are taught to play man to man defense, but when you pick up athletes such as we have two steps past the mid-court line and can stay in front of them without fouling. I call Bullisht. I watched the game and MSU was grabbing jerseys, coming over the back on the offensive boards and got away with hand-checking as though it were 1994 again. Still, all we needed to do was make one simple adjustment, mix it up on how we played the outside picks set by Gafford and Thompson. MSU was so overplaying the switch that their man beat us to the hand off several times. All we needed to do was fake the move around the pick, pivot and head back from whence you came and we would have open looks at the 3-ball all night long. Oh well, that ship has sailed.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 04, 2018, 01:18:02 pm
He is 100% on the money when he says this.QUOTED.Never, ever should there be a free-throw shooting discrepancy of 40 to 12.

Not in the SEC, not in college, not in high school, not in junior high, not even in 6-year-old basketball should one team shoot 40 free throws and the other team shoot 12.

Especially not when Mississippi State and Arkansas both have the reputation of playing hard-nosed defense. The officials -- Joe Lindsay, Olandis Poole and Ron Groover -- should be ashamed of themselves.  They should be forced to write Mike Anderson an apology.The Bulldogs are a good basketball team, but they weren't the best team Tuesday night. They were the team that was HOME. The Razorbacks must have felt like Davy Crockett when he looked over the wall of the Alamo.UNQUOTE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No apology letter will get it done. those 3 scumbags should be fired for what they did. looks like i am not the only person who saw that one-sided BS cheating the other night.those 3 scumbags gave Miss.State that game.
you will be saying the same thing after this Auburn thumping.