Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Wally take a shot at Long's self inscribed integrity?

Started by Con el Cerdos, January 04, 2018, 11:42:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Rocket23 on January 04, 2018, 01:20:18 pm
I think 375,000.00 is the max for state employees.

I think that may be correct, isn't that what they said with the new Chancellor at UAMS?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 04, 2018, 01:16:18 pm
Wally's style is to be sure he has the story right before he publishes something that may be irresponisible or defamatory. Just like Mike Irwin. That's responsible journalism.

You mean like allowing his Sports section to run the story about the buyout being $5.9 million?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Wooderson on January 04, 2018, 12:39:22 pm
I promise you with the way the UofA and RF are intertwined a legal case can be made that it is an operating arm of the UofA. Nobody has ever pushed the issue and challenged it.

First thing that should be done is a mandate that all comms between the UofA and RF be conducted through official channels.

I'm gonna have to call B.S. on this one. You can't just make darn up and go all witch-hunt with the law because it sounds like fun. That organization has more attorney over site than to be stupid enough to leave any impropriety out in the open. So knowing that it would take ton's of money to investigate just hoping that something will turn up is just stupid, we're seeing what that kind of thinking get's you on the news everyday.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

cram224

Help me out. Ark is hiring FB coach. The AD selects the coach, may use a committee but AD says your the man. He meets with coaches agent, agent says it will take X dollars. Does the AD go alone? Does the AD need BOT approval of contract? Does full BOT require a vote? Does the AD then go to the RF board for approval? Does RF call a board meeting to vote on said contract? I would think with as much public and a non-profit money at stake, it would require both boards to approve. Rumors in the past were, JL would send contracts to RF late on Fridays and demand approval before 5:00. Could each board tell AD we can't pay X offer Y?

The OTR

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 04, 2018, 01:00:48 pm
I've been told that Rochelle resigned because he could see that Long would eventually be called onto the carpet for some of the things he was doing through the Foundation. I would be more specific but there is no way to verify some of the things I was told because I can't FOI the Foundation.

Once in a while it's nice read something on here from someone who might actually know something but doesn't want to state something as fact because he can't verify it rather than reading something from a bunch of people who know absolutely nothing but proclaim everything to be fact because they said so. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 04, 2018, 01:28:35 pm
Once in a while it's nice read something on here from someone who might actually know something but doesn't want to state something as fact because he can't verify it rather than reading something from a bunch of people who know absolutely nothing but proclaim everything to be fact because they said so. 

Once in a while it's also nice to use a comma.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HoggyCat

Quote from: waterboy on January 04, 2018, 11:52:03 am
If this is what got long fired, then he should not be getting paid to leave.

Long was fired "for convenience" because the board approved everything that they fired him for. He was THEIR scapegoat.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

The OTR

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 04, 2018, 01:30:44 pm
Once in a while it's also nice to use a comma.

Where would you put the comma in that sentence exactly, professor?

GuvHog

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 04, 2018, 01:32:34 pm
Long was fired “for convenience” because the board agreee to everything that they fired him for. He was THEIR scapegoat.

It's been said that there were some BOT members that had wanted Long gone since he fired Petrino.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Wild Bill Hog

Long was fired "for convenience" because the board agreee to everything that they fired him for. He was THEIR scapegoat.

Well, I will admit he was something that needed to be scraped off alright.

HoggyCat

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 01:36:55 pm
It's been said that there were some BOT members that had wanted Long gone since he fired Petrino.

"Everything" encompasses that as well.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 04, 2018, 01:27:06 pm
You mean like allowing his Sports section to run the story about the buyout being $5.9 million?

Nah, it would be like saying the bonds couldn't be secured because 80% of the suites weren't leased, and the contractors weren't paid.

bphi11ips

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 04, 2018, 01:27:06 pm

I don't know. Was that Wally's opinion or a lawyer Tom Murphy relied upon?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 01:36:55 pm

Well it happened. He's gone.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 04, 2018, 12:38:25 pm
Dicus wasn't fired for turning down any request from the AD. Heck some RF board members weren't exactly fond of Long. As far as his replacement id you never stop to think that maybe Swan wanted to go to the RF. Maybe he wanted to get out from Long's "shadow".

Technically or officially, you are right.  He was fired after Dave Gearhart asked the Foundation Board to remove Dicus, due to a "personality conflict" with AD Long.  Gearhart would have never known about the friction between the two had not Long informed him.  So, I still credit Long with the dismissal of Dicus.  At the time fair-haired Long certainly had more power than Dicus did. 

And even though I cannot locate any ten year old articles to support my position, I'll not back off the real reason that Dicus was fired.  He denied a funds request from Long for renovations to Razorback facilities which resulted in the "conflict."

Wooderson

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on January 04, 2018, 01:42:52 pm
Technically or officially, you are right.  He was fired after Dave Gearhart asked the Foundation Board to remove Dicus, due to a "personality conflict" with AD Long.  Gearhart would have never known about the friction between the two had not Long informed him.  So, I still credit Long with the dismissal of Dicus.  At the time fair-haired Long certainly had more power than Dicus did. 

And even though I cannot locate any ten year old articles to support my position, I'll not back off the real reason that Dicus was fired.  He denied a funds request from Long for renovations to Razorback facilities which resulted in the "conflict."

And people still want to claim they are separate entities.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

ricepig

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on January 04, 2018, 01:42:52 pm

Technically, Gearhart would have no say over the RF board and it's Executive Director. Now, does the ED serve at the behest of the AD/Chancellor, yeah.

Wooderson

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2018, 01:47:29 pm
Technically, Gearhart would have no say over the RF board and it's Executive Director. Now, does the ED serve at the behest of the AD/Chancellor, yeah.

Rice, you obviously are a well informed booster. With the new tax law what is the benefit of keeping the RF, outside of utilizing it to mask some of the athletic departments covert ops.

Circumventing state salary limits? 
Give me liberty, or give me death!

hawgon

It was also rumored at the time to the point of being pretty much accepted that the Foundation board refused to fund the salary of Long's first choice to replace Nutt, Tommy Bowden.  So, Long didn't forget that slight when he had the chance to stick the knife in Dicus.

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgon on January 04, 2018, 01:50:38 pm
It was also rumored at the time to the point of being pretty much accepted that the Foundation board refused to fund the salary of Long’s first choice to replace Nutt, Tommy Bowden.  So, Long didn’t forget that slight when he had the chance to stick the knife in Dicus.

It was my understanding that Long was told "unofficially" not to bother bringing Tommy Bowden before the BOT because they would not approve his hiring.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 04, 2018, 01:38:40 pm
I don't know. Was that Wally's opinion or a lawyer Tom Murphy relied upon?

Wally allowed it to run in his Sports section....

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Wooderson on January 04, 2018, 01:50:26 pm
Rice, you obviously are a well informed booster. With the new tax law what is the benefit of keeping the RF, outside of utilizing it to mask some of the athletic departments covert ops.

Circumventing state salary limits? 

Covert ops? Geez. You are such a conspiracy theorist.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 04, 2018, 02:00:24 pm
Wally allowed it to run in his Sports section....

If anyone asks Wally about anything in the Sports section (including articles he wrote) he always says he's slept since then and doesn't remember.  He's done it on the radio many times.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 02:04:11 pm
If anyone asks Wally about anything in the Sports section (including articles he wrote) he always says he's slept since then and doesn't remember.  He's done it on the radio many times.

Ha! Exactly.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 01:05:15 pm
Well, now you've gone and kicked over a barrel full of worms.

Even without Mike being more specific, it settles and heightens my disgust for Mr. Long's integrity-ride at the UofA.

GuvHog

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on January 04, 2018, 02:08:01 pm
Even without Mike being more specific, it settles and heightens my disgust for Mr. Long's integrity-ride at the UofA.

There were those of us on here who tried our best to tell people about Jeff Long's dishonesty during the Petrino investigation debacle but the Long huggers just refused to admit that Long could possibly do something wrong.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on January 04, 2018, 12:52:47 pm
Rice, I don't disagree with this, however, Long should totally understand and be on board with the Foundation contract.  After all, the Arkansas AD is dependent upon Foundation money to meet it's obligations.  He has to be a good steward and waste is never a good thing to have to answer for.  He apparently did with his job.

Wonder why Sean Rochelle wasn't fired?
Again, fired for what?  Everybody knew, or should have know, what was in the contract.  And the U or A is exactly the first or only school to sign off on some ridiculous buyout arrangement for an over-rated coach.

hawgon

Not to say "I told you so" but there were some of us who had Long's measure pretty early on in his tenure.

Grizzlyfan

I've been told that Rochelle resigned because he could see that Long would eventually be called onto the carpet for some of the things he was doing through the Foundation. I would be more specific but there is no way to verify some of the things I was told because I can't FOI the Foundation.
so you can just throw this against the wall and see what sticks?  much like the nonsense you spouted about the stadium constructions and bonds on Mattingly's show?

26.2Hog

Quote from: hawgon on January 04, 2018, 01:50:38 pm
It was also rumored at the time to the point of being pretty much accepted that the Foundation board refused to fund the salary of Long's first choice to replace Nutt, Tommy Bowden.  So, Long didn't forget that slight when he had the chance to stick the knife in Dicus.

You could be right, though I was told it was Jim Grobe.  When Long requested the $$ to hire him, the RF said no, which was pretty rare, and Grobe then "decided not to accept the Arkansas job." 

And yeah, Long then stuck the knife in Dicus later that year.

Con el Cerdos

Yet, many continue to maintain that Long had no influence over or sway with "management" of foundation funds.

mckinneyhog5

Long was fired "for convenience" because the board approved everything that they fired him for. He was THEIR scapegoat.
Ding, ding, ding! we have a winner..well that and he told them "no" when Gus was brought up for replacement. He knew exactly how that would play out and he was right. To many people on the BOT with their own ideas on how things should be ran. Nothing has changed even though JL and BB are gone.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

GuvHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 04, 2018, 02:17:13 pm
so you can just throw this against the wall and see what sticks?  much like the nonsense you spouted about the stadium constructions and bonds on Mattingly's show?

He's willing to post that using his real name and put his reputation as a sportscaster on the line so yeah he can do that.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 02:25:36 pm
Ding, ding, ding! we have a winner..well that and he told them "no" when Gus was brought up for replacement. He knew exactly how that would play out and he was right. To many people on the BOT with their own ideas on how things should be ran. Nothing has changed even though JL and BB are gone.

Lots has changed.  We now have a shot at having a successful football program.

Kevin

Long is starting to sound like a bad man. Not at all like is own made up perception
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mckinneyhog5

I'll also add that the BOT could have waited one year and kept BB but some thought they had to move on Gus right now. So, they wasted 18 million in buyouts and didn't get Gus. Nice job! This is not an indictment on CCM but the BOT bungled this whole deal. They pushed all in on a pair of 8's.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Kevin on January 04, 2018, 02:28:41 pm
Long is starting to sound like a bad man. Not at all like is own made up perception

Maybe he needs to have some more tee shirts printed.  Just keep him from using UA funds for them this time.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 04, 2018, 12:59:31 pm
Sean Rochelle had done a good job overall. He also did not answer to the BOT of the University. He answered to the RF board.

My understanding is that Mr. Rochelle is no longer with the Foundation.  Mike Irwin has a comment about that somewhere in this thread.

AlmaHog2011

Oh no Hogville will be crushed at the thought Long was anything but a great AD and a man of great integrity. In fact I have read on this here very site that Long was just to good for little ole Arkansas.
Long boys will be here shortly to tell all of us how great Long was.

Question to the Long brigade? How come  no one is jumping at the chance to hire 15.4 million dollar AD Long?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 02:30:36 pm
I'll also add that the BOT could have waited one year and kept BB but some thought they had to move on Gus right now. So, they wasted 18 million in buyouts and didn't get Gus. Nice job! This is not an indictment on CCM but the BOT bungled this whole deal. They pushed all in on a pair of 8's.

The program could not survive another year of BB.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 02:27:19 pm
Lots has changed.  We now have a shot at having a successful football program.
I hope so because we just spent a boatload of money when they could have waited one more year. Problem with that is BB would have won 7-8 games with next years schedule and they thought they had a shot at Gus this year. I have no problem with them firing BB, well besides the buyout, but their plans didn't come to fruition. Would have also been hard to fire BB if he had won 7-8 next year. Razorback football could have survived another year of BB.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 04, 2018, 02:17:13 pm

Here we go. You love you some Long don't you. LMAO..

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 04, 2018, 01:27:36 pm
I'm gonna have to call B.S. on this one. You can't just make darn up and go all witch-hunt with the law because it sounds like fun. That organization has more attorney over site than to be stupid enough to leave any impropriety out in the open. So knowing that it would take ton's of money to investigate just hoping that something will turn up is just stupid, we're seeing what that kind of thinking get's you on the news everyday.

Yep. The RF President is an attorney and so is the Chairman of the Board for the RF. Both really good ones.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 04, 2018, 02:35:07 pm
The program could not survive another year of BB.
Lol, yes it could have. It's this kind of attitude "wanting everything done NOW!" with no thought of the long term consequences.

GuvHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 02:35:50 pm
I hope so because we just spent a boatload of money when they could have waited one more year. Problem with that is BB would have won 7-8 games with next years schedule and they thought they had a shot at Gus this year. I have no problem with them firing BB, well besides the buyout, but their plans didn't come to fruition. Would have also been hard to fire BB if he had won 7-8 next year. Razorback football could have survived another year of BB.

After finishing 4-8 this past season, Bret would have had to have won more than 8 games this year to keep from being fired anyway. 8 or less wins in his 6th year at Arkansas would have been totally unacceptable.

mckinneyhog5

People who wanted BB gone should have zero complaints about the buyout. You got what you wanted so deal with it.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 02:37:42 pm
Lol, yes it could have. It's this kind of attitude "wanting everything done NOW!" with no thought of the long term consequences.

We saw the long term consequences.  You do realize Long and Bert were here longer than WW II lasted?

hawgon

This idiotic crap about wasting buyouts show how stupid some people are.

Fact, Long's unprecedented continually rolling over contract with a buyout that guaranteed the remainder of his salary under contract meant that his buyout would NEVER diminish.

Fact, if we go by the personal services contract prepared by the Foundation for Bert's buyout, then his buyout only went down to $12.8 million this year and for several years thereafter. 

GuvHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 02:37:42 pm

No, it couldn't have. Bret was doomed to failure.

ricepig

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on January 04, 2018, 02:32:12 pm
My understanding is that Mr. Rochelle is no longer with the Foundation.  Mike Irwin has a comment about that somewhere in this thread.

He didn't say he was still with the RF, he said he had "done" some good things while Ex. Director.