Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star Light Star Bright

Started by Hogindasticks, January 03, 2018, 10:27:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

The first star I see tonight...I wish I may, I wish I might, have the best DC in the country tonight!

:)

porkrindjimmy

You might be on to something......

PRJ

HogNTX

Hogindasticks

Praying to all the football Gods sitting on the Stars watching the HOGz become AWESOME!

duckman

Word is Morris went back and asked for more money for his staff this week...

Hogindasticks

Star Light Star Bright....please pay the money.....ALRIGHT!

HogNTX

So Hogindasticks... who is the best DC you're wishing for??

jackflash

I hope they give enough money for his staff. But he would have tell me who he his trying to hire, If I was the money people

Hogindasticks

RedBird5

Thanks!  Now I can't quit singing effing Madonna now...haha

HogNTX

He's going to need more money with Aranda getting 2.5 from LSU

VirginiaHog

Quote from: duckman on January 03, 2018, 10:30:36 pm
But I know I read Chavis is already working for us. Are you saying that is false?

jcul28

Quote from: HogNTX on January 03, 2018, 10:52:52 pm
He's going to need more money with Aranda getting 2.5 from LSU

If Chavis wants Aranda money, I prefer to look elsewhere.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HogNTX on January 03, 2018, 10:29:52 pm
And .... care to elaborate??

Not really.

I just think things are not as clear as some have pointed out. I don't think anyone is here and working in Fayetteville.

I still think Morris is working in a different direction.

I mean Aranda just got 2.5 mil....

Why can't we pay somebody 2.5 mil?

PRJ

Hogindasticks

HogNTX

Quote from: jcul28 on January 03, 2018, 10:54:04 pm

Well if Hogindasticks is serious about best and the general consensus is Venables then yes on paying Aranda money.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 03, 2018, 10:59:32 pm
VEN BABY!

... and Arkansas would pay $2.5 mil and maybe more to get Venables.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

jcpack

Are you speculating or have you heard something that makes you feel like it's CBV? Give us something so we can all sleep a little better!

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 03, 2018, 11:10:22 pm
... and Arkansas would pay $2.5 mil and maybe more to get Venables.

With the bonuses Venable gets at Clemson it would take the "maybe more"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HogNTX on January 03, 2018, 11:02:18 pm
Well if Hogindasticks is serious about best and the general consensus is Venables then yes on paying Aranda money.

You mother freakers are just like babies with this "He said he would get THE BEST" shtick... It's old and rotten like toe jam, and it makes you look like a bunch of spoiled brats..
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 03, 2018, 11:19:27 pm
You mother freakers are just like babies with this "He said he would get THE BEST" shtick... It's old and rotten like toe jam, and it makes you look like a bunch of spoiled brats..
correctamundo. they are ridiculous.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jcul28

Quote from: HogNTX on January 03, 2018, 11:02:18 pm

I'm all for BV but if he's wanting more money for Chavis, I'd prefer to look elsewhere.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: jcul28 on January 03, 2018, 10:54:04 pm

Chavis is not worth Aranda money.  Look somewhere else.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

colbs

I doubt Chavis will get more than $1.6M.  There will probably be something announced tomorrow.

thebignasty

HogNTX

Don't lump me in that bunch! I'm just stating that if he is wishing for the best then the general consensus is Venables. Then stating that Venables would pull Aranda money. I'd prefer Venables to anyone but I think there is a slightly worse than a Dumb and Dumber chance for that to happen.

Chavis is fine with me but at 2.5 ... a significant raise over his salary he just got fired from at A&M??? We shouldn't have to pay extra to get someone on the open market... or soon to be. And what if they decide to keep Chavis and force us to pay his buyout if we want him... they aren't exactly doing well in their DC search being turned down by Leonhard, Elko, and Aranda.

There are actually a lot of guys I'd be pretty ok with and trust Morris to find the best for us at this moment... or the best we can get. Whoever it is definitely has their work cut out for them.

duckman

All I said is Morris asked for more money, and he did...

HogPharmer

Wait, what is this thread about?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: duckman on January 04, 2018, 12:02:01 am
All I said is Morris asked for more money, and he did...

Chavis was making $1.6 at A&M, not wanting to take even a small pay cut? Or is CM wanting more for position coaches that Chavis can deliver for the right price? With a 10th coach, it was going to cost more for the staff, anyway
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

xxtomassxx1980

So Butch Davis is our next DC?

radar

It looks like Todd Graham may be the next DC..

Mike_e

He might be asking for more money for regular old Very good assistants.

Nothing written here suggests that Chavis is needing more.

But it also occurs to me that if a-t-m is thinking that they're going to have to pay the same money to him whether he stays or goes why not keep him.  Just roll him into an analyst position for a year and keep him out of Fayetteville. 

No point in making anything any easier for your opponents, right?
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

oldhawg

That comment has certainly taken on an undeserved life of its own.

Tim Harris

Quote from: duckman on January 03, 2018, 10:30:36 pm

Regardless of how much money he gets I don't think Gruden is going to come here to be our DC

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 04, 2018, 07:39:13 am
Regardless of how much money he gets I don't think Gruden is going to come here to be our DC

Nice......Grude will have a silver and black tie on Saturday, he's headed to Vegas...

zane

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2018, 07:43:32 am
Nice......Grude will have a silver and black tie on Saturday, he's headed to Vegas...

smoke screen

wait and see

Have a GRUDE day!
RIP LSUfan

opineonswine

Quote from: HogNTX on January 03, 2018, 11:46:42 pm
Don't lump me in that bunch! I'm just stating that if he is wishing for the best then the general consensus is Venables. Then stating that Venables would pull Aranda money. I'd prefer Venables to anyone but I think there is a slightly worse than a Dumb and Dumber chance for that to happen.

Chavis is fine with me but at 2.5 ... a significant raise over his salary he just got fired from at A&M??? We shouldn't have to pay extra to get someone on the open market... or soon to be. And what if they decide to keep Chavis and force us to pay his buyout if we want him... they aren't exactly doing well in their DC search being turned down by Leonhard, Elko, and Aranda.

There are actually a lot of guys I'd be pretty ok with and trust Morris to find the best for us at this moment... or the best we can get. Whoever it is definitely has their work cut out for them.

Dan Wolken

Verified account

@DanWolken
10h
10 hours ago

More
LSU just gave $10 million to a defensive coordinator who lost to Notre Dame's backup QB three days ago.

LA Football fan

Ah but did they lose because of defense or because offense couldn't score but 17 points??

Wildhog

We'll get him as soon as a division rival kicks him to the curb.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ballz2thewall

one of the things i like about chavis, particularly when considering we have a new coach........

he's coached against all over our opponents [or for them].
The rest of the frog.

Hogindasticks

Changes every year.....new players, new challenges.   :-\