Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

REPORT: Chavis "In & Working" for Arkansas

Started by gdumont, January 02, 2018, 06:42:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyMtnHog

Has anyone seen Chavis on campus?  If not, he is not "In and Working" yet at Arkansas unless he is teleworking.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Three and Snout

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2018, 09:47:46 am
we don't wish to pay a buyout

This is what I heard is causing the delay.  And wanting to announce the whole staff at the same time.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2018, 05:43:21 pm
No....Pig Trail repeated a tweet from FootballScoop that he was, not the same thing.

All I know is they reported it on KARK Channel 4 Tuesday Night.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

texasdvm

I am telling you Chavis was at the basketball game Saturday.

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 04, 2018, 04:52:26 pm
No wonder they call him Chief........He's in Oklahoma. Now it makes sense!

I believe he's the only Native American DC in D1 football
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BigBrandonAllenFan

It is getting harder by the day to believe Chavis is going to be the DC.  A&M's season has been over for a week, so if Chavis was the guy, logic would say the announcement would have been made by now.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on January 04, 2018, 08:42:56 pm
It is getting harder by the day to believe Chavis is going to be the DC.  A&M's season has been over for a week, so if Chavis was the guy, logic would say the announcement would have been made by now.

Not if $ negotiations are going on.

Eddie Goodson

Let the man be free of A&M first. Would you rather hire him with or without having to pay A&M a buyout?
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

HOGINTENNESSEE

Doesn't matter what you believe it's Chavis

jgphillips3

Now that A&M has hired someone, I figure it will all start to fall in place. 

southeasthog

I would think that would be a breach of his contract and they could fire him for cause.

Arkansasno1

Quote from: southeasthog on January 05, 2018, 05:56:21 am
I would think that would be a breach of his contract and they could fire him for cause.
that would still work in our favor.  We won't have to pay buyout.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Athog

Quote from: hoglady on January 02, 2018, 07:50:42 pm
He's 61 yrs old.
It's all about work ethic - you either have it or you don't.
If you've got it age doesn't matter and if you don't - it doesn't matter how young you are.

Agree totally!!

Mr Jade

Am I being foolish here or not? Isn't Chavis free and clear now? If so, why isn't he hired here yet? What's the holdup?
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

opineonswine

Quote from: Mr Jade on January 05, 2018, 01:33:40 pm
Am I being foolish here or not? Isn't Chavis free and clear now? If so, why isn't he hired here yet? What's the holdup?

Maybe he is hired.

opineonswine

If you saw this recruiting news, you might suspect we're getting Chavis and maybe another one from Texas A&M:

Keep an eye on 4* WR Jalen Preston, 3* RB Deneric Prince, and 3* DB Brian Johnson flipping from aTm to Arkansas.

Also the possibility of us taking 3* DE Tyree Wilson from aTm

and we'll be getting a visit from 4* RB Keaontay Ingram this month, a current Texas commit.

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on January 05, 2018, 02:36:23 pm
If you saw this recruiting news, you might suspect we're getting Chavis and maybe another one from Texas A&M:

Keep an eye on 4* WR Jalen Preston, 3* RB Deneric Prince, and 3* DB Brian Johnson flipping from aTm to Arkansas.

Also the possibility of us taking 3* DE Tyree Wilson from aTm

and we'll be getting a visit from 4* RB Keaontay Ingram this month, a current Texas commit.

Or you read a pay site.......

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 04, 2018, 08:53:17 pm
Doesn't matter what you believe it's Chavis

I have no problem with Chavis.  A&M been done 8 days.  Given recruiting reasons, why the hold up?   Seems a negotiated contract would have happened this week if it was a done dealio.  Evidently there is no signature as we speak.  It would be of no good sense by the admim to have signed Chavis and not make it public.

opineonswine

ricepig

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on January 05, 2018, 03:47:21 pm
I have no problem with Chavis.  A&M been done 8 days.  Given recruiting reasons, why the hold up?   Seems a negotiated contract would have happened this week if it was a done dealio.  Evidently there is no signature as we speak.  It would be of no good sense by the admim to have signed Chavis and not make it public.

Morris said in his introductory PC, or the signing day PC, that he would introduce all of the assistant coaches at one time. I think they have a couple of positions not nailed down, so no announcement.

ricepig

hawgjr

Chavis just starting following Elko on his twitter account.  Wonder what's up with that? ???

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on January 02, 2018, 09:09:21 pm
Get after it Chief!

Chavis is the best DC to lead the Hogs in the last three decades. Ready to see the staff he is bringing in. Ready to see Coach Caldwell return as well. Ready to see a defense that attacks instead of reacts.

By far the biggest DC hire ever by Arkansas. Please tell me when we hired a more respected and accomplished DC? If he brings the assistants I have read on here we will have a chance to play some real defense. Maybe not Bama good but damn good.

I'm 58 and own two businesses one is very physical. I workout every morning about 6-6:30 for a minimum of an hour. His age is not a problem as long as he is in good condition and feels young. The stupid comments on here about his age are ridiculous.

HawgWild

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 05, 2018, 04:01:28 pm
By far the biggest DC hire ever by Arkansas. Please tell me when we hired a more respected and accomplished DC?

Monte Kiffin. "He coached the defenses of Nebraska's 1970 and 1971 back-to-back undefeated national champion teams." We hired him in 1977.

colbs

Quote from: HawgWild on January 05, 2018, 04:24:08 pm
Monte Kiffin. "He coached the defenses of Nebraska's 1970 and 1971 back-to-back undefeated national champion teams." We hired him in 1977.
He was just a grad assistant during those two years.

GuvHog

By far the biggest DC hire ever by Arkansas. Please tell me when we hired a more respected and accomplished DC? If he brings the assistants I have read on here we will have a chance to play some real defense. Maybe not Bama good but damn good.

In my opinion, Chavis will be the best DC the Hogs have had since Keith Burns was here with his "Code Red" defense in '98 and '99.

farmhawg

Nope.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Eddie Goodson

I'm 58 and own two businesses one is very physical. I workout every morning about 6-6:30 for a minimum of an hour. His age is not a problem as long as he is in good condition and feels young. The stupid comments on here about his age are ridiculous.
Exactly. The ageism statements are the most idiotic of all. I suppose the Patriots should wheel old Bill straight to the nursing home. It makes no sense whatsoever.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

3kgthog

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on January 05, 2018, 04:35:21 pm
Exactly. The ageism statements are the most idiotic of all. I suppose the Patriots should wheel old Bill straight to the nursing home. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Bill isn't required to recruit nearly year round. Not a fair comparison. All those miles add up even if you're 35.

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 05, 2018, 04:57:42 pm
Bill isn't required to recruit nearly year round. Not a fair comparison. All those miles add up even if you're 35.

Coordinator's don't travel that much for recruiting, that's generally for the assistants. They usually just come in the end for home visits, and for the on-campus recruiting. Now, some are more go getters, and do recruit more, but they generally are from the offensive side.

Eddie Goodson

OCs and DCs don't carry the load lesser coaches do. It is a bogus argument by people who really just look for things to gripe about because we didn't hire Nick Saban or some other unrealistic hire.

Diamondbackhog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 05, 2018, 04:31:53 pm

In my opinion, Chavis will be the best DC the Hogs have had since Keith Burns was here with his "Code Red" defense in '98 and '99.

Diamondbackhog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 05, 2018, 04:31:53 pm

I agree. I loved Burns' aggressive and boldness. He did not mind gambling and taking it to folks. We need that again.

RebHog

I must have missed out on how this whole recruiting game works. I didn't know recruits set up an American ninja style mount Midoriyama course in their backyard for the coaches to complete. They also check how many reps on the 225? There are many fields out there that are more physically and mentally straining that people do at his age or older on a regular basis.

GuvHog

Quote from: Diamondbackhog on January 05, 2018, 05:18:09 pm
I agree. I loved Burns' aggressive and boldness. He did not mind gambling and taking it to folks. We need that again.

I would love to see Chavis bring him back as DBs coach.

Oklahawg

Quote from: GuvHog on January 05, 2018, 06:31:55 pm
I would love to see Chavis bring him back as DBs coach.

Would the son be sufficient?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jbigs77

Is Chavis our DC or what? I haven't heard announcement.  Could someone clarify this situation? Is this real or fake news? 

HogT

Quote from: jbigs77 on January 05, 2018, 07:35:00 pm
Is Chavis our DC or what? I haven't heard announcement.  Could someone clarify this situation? Is this real or fake news?

It's fluid...
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

BOAR_N2BWILD

Yes and No

It depends on which thread that you read.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

RockyMtnHog

The answer is Top Secret/SCI.  Very few on this board will have that level of clearance.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Snout team

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 05, 2018, 07:40:40 pm
Yes and No

It depends on which thread that you read.

Of which you have plenty of options  ;)
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

thebignasty

Yes. Yes he is. Unless he's not. He also may not be in the running any more.

Personally I think it's no coincidence this Belichek is unhappy at New England news drops while we have this opening but after Gruden finally comes off the market.

Don't forget that we just asked for more money for this hire.

I'm just reading the tea leaves here but they're painting a might interesting picture....

King Kong

Hogindasticks

VB or Not VB, THAT is the question! ???

King Kong

jkstock04

If you wanna go with the narrative...yes he is actively on campus and working for us but it's being kept double super secret-ey. Why this is I have zero clue.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LawyerHog50

Vegetables have to be properly prepped first.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

AlmaHog2011

I forgot about Kiffin. He was an amazing DC and I am old enough to remember him.

redhogchilipepper

The answer is blowing in the wind