Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earth, Wind, and Fire

Started by hogbud, December 28, 2017, 07:54:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogbud

On SEC broadcast last night Pat Bradley called Arkansas guards "Earth, Wind, and Fire". First time I've heard that reference. I like it!
Bradley is entertaining.

ErykofArkansas

I do enjoy bradley.  He is outstanding.  Also i enjoyed the reference as well.

mountainhog

I missed why earth and wind got technicals, anyone catch that?

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

3of5-2

It's no Fantasy, and it's not September, but this team is Singing a Song, and I like it, so Let's Groove Tonight, I mean tomorrow night. Hogs 87-74 over Tenner.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin McPherson

Earth = Barford
Wind = Beard
Fire = Macon

Amirite?!

jchill

I like Macon as Fire, Barford as Wind, and Beard as Earth.

respirback

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on December 28, 2017, 09:32:53 pm
Earth = Barford
Wind = Beard
Fire = Macon

Amirite?!

Yea, I'm gonna bend the rules and say

Earth = Barford
Wind = C.J. Jones (dudes the definition of air)
Fire = Macon AND Beard

Razorod

He's very good at what he does. Should graduate to ESPN in a couple of years, but love him for Hog games on SEC network.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

FineAsSwine

Barford = Earth  (strong, steady)

Macon  = Wind   (brash, cocky)

Beard  = Fire     (heart, fearless)

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 29, 2017, 09:08:14 am
Barford = Earth  (strong, steady)

Macon  = Wind   (brash, cocky)

Beard  = Fire     (heart, fearless)

This.

sigpooie

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

hogbud

Fantastic encore by group in overtime!

Birminghog

FineAsSwine

Barford at end of media interview in Detroit - "and they call us Earth, Wind & Fire by the way"

*exits stage to media laughter

https://youtu.be/XTb69eJqZok

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 15, 2018, 02:47:11 pm
Barford at end of media interview in Detroit - "and they call us Earth, Wind & Fire by the way"

*exits stage to media laughter

https://youtu.be/XTb69eJqZok

That's the way of the world.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

FineAsSwine

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 15, 2018, 02:54:14 pm
That's the way of the world.

If we beat Butler, I'm betting the national media will pick up on this. They already followed up with CMA about the nickname in his interview after the players. Coach A laughed it off but it will come back up if they beat Butler tomorrow.

Cool story in CMA's interview about his 1994 championship ring that resurfaced at a New Orleans pawn shop last year after being "lost" for over 20 years.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 15, 2018, 03:06:26 pm
If we beat Butler, I'm betting the national media will pick up on this. They already followed up with CMA about the nickname in his interview after the players. Coach A laughed it off but it will come back up if they beat Butler tomorrow.

Cool story in CMA's interview about his 1994 championship ring that resurfaced at a New Orleans pawn shop last year after being "lost" for over 20 years.

Lost his ring? Really? Wow. Never heard that story.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

FineAsSwine

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 15, 2018, 03:10:46 pm

The Razorback basketball players are talking it up as a good omen that it resurfaced this season. Let's hope they are right.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 15, 2018, 03:14:51 pm
The Razorback basketball players are talking it up as a good omen that it resurfaced this season. Let's hope they are right.
https://twitter.com/jacebradley12/status/974385224648986624
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: hogbud on December 28, 2017, 07:54:17 pm
On SEC broadcast last night Pat Bradley called Arkansas guards "Earth, Wind, and Fire". First time I've heard that reference. I like it!
Bradley is entertaining.
He called them that earlier in the season too.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 15, 2018, 04:52:20 pm
He called them that earlier in the season too.
this thread is from December
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

JONAS

NinoHogUNIA

Just missing water and heart...

With those powers combined.
BIE

Soooie21

Quote from: hogbud on December 28, 2017, 07:54:17 pm
Bradley is entertaining.
Chinese fire drill....

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 15, 2018, 03:10:46 pm

Yep, turned up in a New Orleans pawnshop in almost mint condition. Apparently, after playing a game at LSU in 1995, CMA discovered that his national championship ring was missing during the flight back to Fayetteville and he had Coach Z to call the hotel where they stayed and asked that they check to see if he had left it in the room. After the maids did a "thorough" check, the hotel informed Coach that his ring was not there.

Last year, CMA got a call from a pawnshop in New Orleans and the person on the phone told him that they had a Razorback national championship ring from 1994 that had the name Anderson inscribed on it. The person also said that they had done an internet search of the '94 roster and the only Anderson on that roster was Mike Anderson. CMA wasn't quite convinced yet that this was real so they sent a picture of the ring.

Having seen that it was indeed his "lost" ring, CMA bought it back from the pawnshop. The pawnshop probably figured correctly that the ring would bring more money from the actual owner so that most likely is the reason for it's eventual return. The ring is now safely displayed in CMA's memorabilia collection.

To get that ring back after it's 20 something year oddessy is a real "lost and found" story.

razorback1829

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 16, 2018, 10:18:26 am
Yep, turned up in a New Orleans pawnshop in almost mint condition. Apparently, after playing a game at LSU in 1995, CMA discovered that his national championship ring was missing during the flight back to Fayetteville and he had Coach Z to call the hotel where they stayed and asked that they check to see if he had left it in the room. After the maids did a "thorough" check, the hotel informed Coach that his ring was not there.

Last year, CMA got a call from a pawnshop in New Orleans and the person on the phone told him that they had a Razorback national championship ring from 1994 that had the name Anderson inscribed on it. The person also said that they had done an internet search of the '94 roster and the only Anderson on that roster was Mike Anderson. CMA wasn't quite convinced yet that this was real so they sent a picture of the ring.

Having seen that it was indeed his "lost" ring, CMA bought it back from the pawnshop. The pawnshop probably figured correctly that the ring would bring more money from the actual owner so that most likely is the reason for it's eventual return. The ring is now safely displayed in CMA's memorabilia collection.

To get that ring back after it's 20 something year oddessy is a real "lost and found" story.

Well it was actually after a 2004 road game in Tulane. Matt Zimmerman remembered when he lost it, as he was the director of ops back then.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 16, 2018, 10:21:49 am
Well it was actually after a 2004 road game in Tulane. Matt Zimmerman remembered when he lost it, as he was the director of ops back then.

Yes, it was in Louisiana where his ring was "lost" into one of those housekeeping/maids pocket.

PharmacistHog

Wonder how much he had to pay to get it back?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

razorback1829

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 16, 2018, 10:28:08 am
Yes, it was in Louisiana where his ring was "lost" into one of those housekeeping/maids pocket.

Haha right!

fishes2000

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 16, 2018, 10:37:38 am
Wonder how much he had to pay to get it back?

On Katv last night they said $500