Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some new info....

Started by porkrindjimmy, November 17, 2017, 04:59:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

Quote from: King Kong on November 17, 2017, 06:48:56 pm
Why go for a Skip with a Kiffin out there?
How is Kiffin doing at FAU this year btw? I'll google it I guess.

ricepig

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 17, 2017, 05:12:18 pm
Be pretty funny if we fired long and bielema and end up with gobn and skip holtz.

I don't find that funny at all......

Pigasaurus

I just hope we don't end up with our junk in the wind wondering what happened to all the awesome coaches that wanted to be at Arkansas. Don't want fire Heath, get Pelphrey by default sort of thing. Surely to G, people pulling the strings know what they are doing this time.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

HogKong

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 05:22:55 pm
Could be....but if he wins next Saturday, we have to demand an answer by the next day. If not, we have to move on that minute.

Now, if his answer is no...and make no mistake about it, Gus and his people made the overture to us....he will never be able to move back here again.

PRJ

In all fairness, I believe 100% that there was at one point some sort of mutual interest. However, if you look at how this rumored story of him coming here went from nonexistent on the national scene 2 days ago to it being on every single sports website, blog, etc....just 24 hours ago that usually only happens so quickly and to such a wide range of news/media when someone is intentionally putting it out there for so many to hear and write about. 97% of the time when this happens in the same way this has happened it ends up being that the agent is the one putting it out to everyone in order to leverage an extension and raise for his client/coach.

With Sexton being his agent, I believe he has put it out to so many outlets to use it to keep Gus at Auburn regardless of the last few games. If you look at almost every coaching search, anytime there is a big rumored coach possibly leaving there school for another Power 5 school, it almost always ends up in said coach remaining at his current school with a raise and extension. When the interest is real and mutual for real, it is almost always kept low key and at least out of the national media spotlight in order to make sure he can make the move he wants to make. The way this went from 0 to 500 so quickly and is on every blog running down my twitter line tells me this is Sexton leveraging, otherwise there is no way this would be out in the large capacity that it is now. That only comes by intention, and unfortunately Gus is not going to leave. Really think about if he wanted to come here....he and his agent would keep this as low key as possible. It cannot get out to as many people, websites, blogs, radio stations, etc without someone making sure it is out there!

With that being said I believe Norvell is the actual one we are negotiating with now, and he will end up as our coach!

davril98

I think all the national media buzz is directly or indirectly getting their info from hogville

ipigsooie

Quote from: HogKong on November 17, 2017, 07:17:13 pm
In all fairness, I believe 100% that there was at one point some sort of mutual interest. However, if you look at how this rumored story of him coming here went from nonexistent on the national scene 2 days ago to it being on every single sports website, blog, etc....just 24 hours ago that usually only happens so quickly and to such a wide range of news/media when someone is intentionally putting it out there for so many to hear and write about. 97% of the time when this happens in the same way this has happened it ends up being that the agent is the one putting it out to everyone in order to leverage an extension and raise for his client/coach.

With Sexton being his agent, I believe he has put it out to so many outlets to use it to keep Gus at Auburn regardless of the last few games. If you look at almost every coaching search, anytime there is a big rumored coach possibly leaving there school for another Power 5 school, it almost always ends up in said coach remaining at his current school with a raise and extension. When the interest is real and mutual for real, it is almost always kept low key and at least out of the national media spotlight in order to make sure he can make the move he wants to make. The way this went from 0 to 500 so quickly and is on every blog running down my twitter line tells me this is Sexton leveraging, otherwise there is no way this would be out in the large capacity that it is now. That only comes by intention, and unfortunately Gus is not going to leave. Really think about if he wanted to come here....he and his agent would keep this as low key as possible. It cannot get out to as many people, websites, blogs, radio stations, etc without someone making sure it is out there!

With that being said I believe Norvell is the actual one we are negotiating with now, and he will end up as our coach!

I sure hope so. I truly believe he will be our Dabo. WPS!

Matt Burks

Quote from: hog of steele on November 17, 2017, 06:35:15 pm
This is normal for coaching time. I don't want Gus, but if we hire him, I am ok with it. Gus also clearly told the ASU people he wasn't leaving. This is par for the course.
He also told the Springdale 5 he wouldn't leave them, and then left to be a co-oc at Tulsa.

PigInTheHole

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

Paul Swinebaum

lakecityhog

So, you work for Auburn? Or, did I miss-read the OP?

Sorry, I see now. Still not sure that I completely buy that whole load. Sounds a LOT like pot-stirring to me.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 17, 2017, 06:53:44 pm
I don't find that funny at all......

Funny in a slit your wrist way.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

lakecityhog

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 17, 2017, 07:29:22 pm
He also told the Springdale 5 he wouldn't leave them, and then left to be a co-oc at Tulsa.

San you please provide some evidence of this statement? I don't recall every seeing that reported anywhere.

ipigsooie

Quote from: lakecityhog on November 17, 2017, 07:49:11 pm

Sorry, I see now. Still not sure that I completely buy that whole load. Sounds a LOT like pot-stirring to me.

There is a lot of pot stirring going on right now. All thanks to one Jimmy Sexton. It's all a game.

Hawginj

Why? Because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Dark Helmet Hog

Rest assured. Gus will do what is best for Gus. Always has and always will. We better not hesitate on plan B if Gus waffles.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 17, 2017, 06:50:49 pm
How is Kiffin doing at FAU this year btw? I'll google it I guess.

Having the best season in FAU history. Should finish 9-3 and unbeaten in conference

Scott7703

Still Gus' job to turn down.

The Hawg Marshal

As fans we want to know things now.Unfortunately for us it's not in the best interest of the ones involved to have things come out now. Whatever happens will happen on their timetable not ours.

lumphog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 05:11:35 pm
Skip would win less than Bret here.

Gus needs to say yes or no by Next Sunday morning, win or lose.

If it is no, Norvell, Norvell, Norvell...

PRJ
Have you heard anyone mention Leach ?

ur

If we are willing to wait and it looks like we are, I just hope Gruden and Kelly drag out Tenn and Florida as long as Gus drags us out so we have a shot at the other coaches available.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ur on November 17, 2017, 10:02:28 pm
If we are willing to wait and it looks like we are, I just hope Gruden and Kelly drag out Tenn and Florida as long as Gus drags us out so we have a shot at the other coaches available.
I think Gruden has already told UT no thanks.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: ur on November 17, 2017, 10:02:28 pm
To heck with that. Show him who's holding the real cards.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

porkrindjimmy

You can call it what you want Hoss. Fact is, I have been right through every step of this deal since October. You can believe what you want but that is what is said.

I have been up front on everything I have heard with what I am allowed to say. I have been up front that Gus isn't my first choice nor my 2nd choice but I know he reached out to our people pretty aggressively. When I hear something from the Auburn side I am going to say it also....and the director of recruiting at Auburn is a pretty good source of info.

PRJ

Hawg Life

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 04:59:19 pm
I happen to work for the father of Auburn's director of recruiting....

Talked to that said person today. Said that Gus isn't coming here...in no certain terms.

My Arkansas people tell me different.  So...Gus is misleading one side....

Sours me on Gus. Just move on to Norvell....not Skip Holtz.

PRJ

Been saying it since all this started. There's also some BIG $$$$ that wants Norvell. There are 5-6 in front of Holtz @ least. Strong (which I hope isn't considered) and Neal Brown are in the top 5. Frost is #2, but will go to Tennessee or Nebraska. Dave Aranda BC from LSU is #4.

(notOM)Rebel123

Talked to that said person today. Said that Gus isn't coming here...in no certain terms.

PRJ

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hog1984

Quote from: B Ray on November 17, 2017, 05:01:52 pm
I'm not saying I know which side he is playing,but why would he openly admit that he is considering leaving Auburn to any other school , just not Arkansas.. It's not good business to do so, you lose your leverage!!!

Agree

Hawg Life

Quote from: HogKong on November 17, 2017, 07:17:13 pm

Sexton is also Norvell's agent.. by pumping Gus he gets more money for Norvell.

Hawg Life

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 17, 2017, 09:53:48 pm
As fans we want to know things now.Unfortunately for us it's not in the best interest of the ones involved to have things come out now. Whatever happens will happen on their timetable not ours.

No, it's not. Sexton is Norvell & Gus agent he pumps Gus up after a big win to get more money for Norvell.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: lumphog on November 17, 2017, 10:01:31 pm
Have you heard anyone mention Leach ?

The only thing I have heard considering Mike Leach is a few weeks ago I was.told that some of our people.had spoken to his people, our people being some money people, and they gathered he would be interested. They then went to Long with this info and Judy exploded...telling them don't ever go behind my back again.

That story is like 4th hand though.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 17, 2017, 11:18:26 pm
Been saying it since all this started. There's also some BIG $$$$ that wants Norvell. There are 5-6 in front of Holtz @ least. Strong (which I hope isn't considered) and Neal Brown are in the top 5. Frost is #2, but will go to Tennessee or Nebraska. Dave Aranda BC from LSU is #4.

I can assure you with some of the money, Skip isn't behind 5 or 6 more.. that is just the truth.
They are going to make Gus turn us down....and pray the next guy they go is Norvell.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 17, 2017, 11:18:26 pm

Not to flame you but Charlie Strong isn't being considered. A few years back, Charlie's wife made it quite clear her disdain for Arkansas. Plus, there are 30 coaches out there that would be considered before him.

Dave Aranda will not be considered either.

1) Gus
2) Norvell
3) Leach
4)Morris
5) Holtz
6) Kiffin

Not necessarily in that order after Gus.

PRJ

Hawg Life

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 11:25:04 pm
I can assure you with some of the money, Skip isn't behind 5 or 6 more.. that is just the truth.
They are going to make Gus turn us down....and pray the next guy they go is Norvell.

PRJ

Some of the money aren't making the decision is 5th @ the highest, but Gus & Frost aren't coming. Norvell is thought very highly by one of our biggest boosters. Smart money is on Norvell.

Hawg Life

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 11:29:06 pm
Not to flame you but Charlie Strong isn't being considered. A few years back, Charlie's wife made it quite clear her disdain for Arkansas. Plus, there are 30 coaches out there that would be considered before him.

Dave Aranda will not be considered either.

1) Gus
2) Norvell
3) Leach
4)Morris
5) Holtz
6) Kiffin

Not necessarily in that order after Gus.

PRJ

PigInTheHole

Leach

it's Leach dude

I knew it!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 17, 2017, 11:29:14 pm
Some of the money aren't making the decision is 5th @ the highest, but Gus & Frost aren't coming. Norvell is thought very highly by one of our biggest boosters. Smart money is on Norvell.

Brotha, I know where Norvell stands with some...and I am in agreement, I hope he is our new coach....

But some of them have Holtz at number 2....and I can't see why at all.

PRJ

Hawg Life

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 17, 2017, 11:29:59 pm

We will consider a minority, and it will be Charlie Strong. He will be interviewed 100% sure of that. Kiffin is higher than Hotz, and you can remove Gus. Actually, you aren't flaming on me. I 80% agree with everything you've said.

Hawg Life

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 11:32:02 pm
Brotha, I know where Norvell stands with some...and I am in agreement, I hope he is our new coach....

But some of them have Holtz at number 2....and I can't see why at all.

PRJ

Somebody on here said that people wanting Norvell were Nutt Huggers and people wanting Gus were Darksiders. I think they've got that backwards!!

ADavisTheGOAT

Gus ain't coming here. He'll get a raise at Auburn. Luckily there's a lot of other good options. Also I follow the LA Tech program and I have no idea why people want Skip Holtz, he sucks!
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 17, 2017, 11:32:36 pm
We will consider a minority, and it will be Charlie Strong. He will be interviewed 100% sure of that. Kiffin is higher than Hotz, and you can remove Gus. Actually, you aren't flaming on me. I 80% agree with everything you've said.

Ok....Charlie's wife hates Arkansas....

Plus this program, like Texas isn't the right place for him.

Now, I could, depending on the moon and the tides, make a case for Lane Kiffin being my favorite...and if he would bring his Daddy with him as DC and I know this will upset some of our mealy mouthed posters on here, but Kendall Briles as OC...and I would sign up for that this minute...

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 17, 2017, 11:34:53 pm
Somebody on here said that people wanting Norvell were Nutt Huggers and people wanting Gus were Darksiders. I think they've got that backwards!!

In 2007 I would've supported Gus as head coach. After Petrino, I would have supported Gus as coach....

Today that has passed by.

PRJ

PigInTheHole

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 11:38:36 pm
In 2007 I would've supported Gus as head coach. After Petrino, I would have supported Gus as coach....

Today that has passed by.

PRJ

That pirate ship has sailed

and no to Kendal Briles

just no

ur

I have heard that some want a P5 coach so that's why Gus and Leach were at the top of the list and Norvell is down the list.
Recently, that a big hog booster who has big aub booster friends was told that if Gus beats bama, he is getting a huge bonus and new contract. Didn't say what happens if he loses.
Just spent a little time over on the vol board and they want a big name hire even if not Gruden. Not sure who that is but they like Mullen more than Norvell. they are afraid of getting another Butch if they hire Norvell.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 17, 2017, 11:40:00 pm
That pirate ship has sailed

and no to Kendal Briles

just no

Sorry man....if he brought Kendall and Monte, we would win 9 next year and from then, it is to the top baby....

PRJ

Hawg Life

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 11:37:09 pm
Ok....Charlie's wife hates Arkansas....

Plus this program, like Texas isn't the right place for him.

Now, I could, depending on the moon and the tides, make a case for Lane Kiffin being my favorite...and if he would bring his Daddy with him as DC and I know this will upset some of our mealy mouthed posters on here, but Kendall Briles as OC...and I would sign up for that this minute...

PRJ

Monte Kiffin is 80 years old!! We'll see if Aranda gets mentioned, and the minority interview will be Strong, but I agree there's no way he gets hired. Kendall Briles would be smart to take an offensive analyst job first and then become an offensive coordinator. The GOBN loves "heppin" people and giving second chances, so you never know.

PigInTheHole

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 11:41:47 pm
Sorry man....if he brought Kendall and Monte, we would win 9 next year and from then, it is to the top baby....

PRJ

I'll take Lane and Monte combo, but draw the line with Kendal & Art ... just can't wash that off

hogblitz

PRJ
PRJ.  I am okay with most candidates but Charlie strong scares the crap out of me.  Please tell me he is not an option. His name was mentioned on finebaum several times today. 

Hawg Life

Quote from: hogblitz on November 17, 2017, 11:56:04 pm
PRJ.  I am okay with most candidates but Charlie strong scares the crap out of me.  Please tell me he is not an option. His name was mentioned on finebaum several times today.

He won't be hired, but you have to interview a minority in today's world.

bjeffersonhog

Gus is going to have to say no first. 
Norvell is the backup.
Leach wants the job and if it ends up being him we missed  on about 4 other candidates......

But what do I know.... I'm just a low post count troll right?

ur

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on November 18, 2017, 12:22:28 am
Norvell is the backup.
Leach wants the job and if it ends up being him we missed  on about 4 other candidates......

Who is #3? I'm thinking if aub wins the iron bowl, no reason to call Gus. If he loses, he will be calling us.

Matt Burks

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on November 18, 2017, 12:22:28 am
Norvell is the backup.

Would you ever want to marry a girl knowing you are the 2nd best? That she's only with you because she wasn't wanted from someone else, so she settled for you?

Or would you be happier and have a stronger marriage with someone who truly loves and wants to be with you?

That's kind of how this appears to be with Gus - the Hogs are second best.