Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So it all comes down to the Iron Bowl...

Started by NuttinItUp, November 16, 2017, 08:59:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: Been10Hog on November 17, 2017, 01:21:28 pm
You seem to have a problem with higher level thinking. Why does he have to wait until after the playoffs to make his mind up? His mind may already be made up and that has been passed on to who needs to know and we have who we want but don't announce it until after he is done playing! Get it?

Arkansas will not wait until after the bowl game or playoffs for Gus to leave Auburn, they can't afford to wait. What part of that do you not get???
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 17, 2017, 01:24:23 pm
Better be a contract.  We will be in deep crap if he chages his mind after auburn offers more money after they make it to the playoffs.

Yes, that was the point I was making. Things change if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl. There is no denying that.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: GuvHog on November 17, 2017, 01:28:35 pm
Arkansas will not wait until after the bowl game or playoffs for Gus to leave Auburn, they can't afford to wait. What part of that do you not get???

Thanks Guv. Sometimes I think I am going crazy stating the same things over and over. Some people just don't get it.

HF#1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 01:28:47 pm
Yes, that was the point I was making. Things change if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl. There is no denying that.

The timing changes. But I am telling you, if Gus ends up at Arkansas, the decision is already made. A win vs Bama isn't going to keep him at Auburn. He will coach them until they are done, clean out his office, and get on a Stephens jet.

If he doesn't end up here, then it was all BS.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HF#1 on November 17, 2017, 01:30:39 pm
The timing changes. But I am telling you, if Gus ends up at Arkansas, the decision is already made. A win vs Bama isn't going to keep him at Auburn. He will coach them until they are done, clean out his office, and get on a Stephens jet.

Sorry, I just can't accept that there is no difference. So many things change with an Iron Bowl win/loss. To say they just don't matter is short-sighted, imo.

ipigsooie

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 01:29:53 pm
Thanks Guv. Sometimes I think I am going crazy stating the same things over and over. Some people just don't get it.

I agree. The new early signing period has made it imperative that you get a coach sooner than later. When the last week has been played, all the places that have had coaches fired or have coaches that left on their own, will now be looking to hire. They arent waiting on people to make up their minds. We do not want to be left without a chair when the music stops. We simply cannot afford another JLS type year.

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 17, 2017, 01:30:39 pm

And again I say Arkansas will not wait until after the Bowl game or playoffs for Gus to leave Auburn and come to Arkansas. To have already accepted the Arkansas job, Gus would have to be Contractually obligated to leave Auburn for Arkansas no later than right after the SECG. Gus would never agree to that.

PorkSoda

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 01:32:24 pm
Sorry, I just can't accept that there is no difference. So many things change with an Iron Bowl win/loss. To say they just don't matter is short-sighted, imo.
it matters to people in bama.  as for gus, there is no rational reason for him to leave auburn for arkansas, so unless he has some sort of extreme emotional attachment to the state of Arkansas, then he isn't coming either way.  if he does have such an irrational desire to be the head coach of arkansas, then the iron bowl, the SECCG, the playoffs etc, wont matter.  why would he want to further bolster his soon to be conference rival.

all this points to one thing.  we will likely strike out on our top choices for both AD and HC, and bring on the search committees.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 17, 2017, 01:36:37 pm
it matters to people in bama.  as for gus, there is no rational reason for him to leave auburn for arkansas, so unless he has some sort of extreme emotional attachment to the state of Arkansas, then he isn't coming either way.  if he does have such an irrational desire to be the head coach of arkansas, then the iron bowl, the SECCG, the playoffs etc, wont matter.  why would he want to further bolster his soon to be conference rival.

all this points to one thing.  we will likely strike out on our top choices for both AD and HC, and bring on the search committees.

I honestly believe if Auburn beats Alabama then Arkansas will quickly offer Norvell the job.

Been10Hog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 01:32:24 pm
If Gus and Kristi have decided they want to come to Arkansas, they are coming! No game outcome or pay raise will change that if that's what THEY want. And....there is a late signing period too

Been10Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 17, 2017, 01:35:45 pm
And again I say Arkansas will not wait until after the Bowl game or playoffs for Gus to leave Auburn and come to Arkansas. To have already accepted the Arkansas job, Gus would have to be Contractually obligated to leave Auburn for Arkansas no later than right after the SECG. Gus would never agree to that.
Why does the contract have to be worded that way? Why can't he come after the title game? We have a later signing date!!

The Hawg Marshal

Hopefully whoever it is , is announced before players start transferring.

huntindoc

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 17, 2017, 09:00:37 am
We have Arkansas fans rooting for a coach at another school to beat Saban, and maybe win both the SEC championship (his second) and get into the national championship system (also his second time)...so they can avoid having him coach at Arkansas.

Makes perfect sense.

OK, I don't care where you stand on Gus and the coaching search...that is funny! ;D

Stillwater

Transfer away.  Hogs have a roster full of guys that can't play.  Heck, half of the defense don't want to hit anyone.  There will be transfers regardless of the coaching outcome.