Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 09:02:52 am

Warren Stephens is back on board

Started by Hawgey-Davidson, November 16, 2017, 08:17:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgey-Davidson

Kevin Scanlon will be our next AD. Makes too much sense.

The NewEra

What makes you say Warren Stephens is back on board?

ricepig

Arkansas has been using a Stephens jet for recruiting for the past several years, I'm not sure he ever left.

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 08:21:58 pm
Arkansas has been using a Stephens jet for recruiting for the past several years, I'm not sure he ever left.

It's starting to resemble a "pay attention to me" thread.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawgey-Davidson

He has distanced himself from the program since Jeff was hired. Gonna bring back game(s) to WMS. Push to upgrade said stadium and keep LR presence in the Rock. Ur fooling yourself to think otherwise. Kevin will straighten this conundrum out. As Warren goes, we all go. Gonna get fun.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on November 16, 2017, 08:29:07 pm
He has distanced himself from the program since Jeff was hired. Gonna bring back game(s) to WMS. Push to upgrade said stadium and keep LR presence in the Rock. Ur fooling yourself to think otherwise. Kevin will straighten this conundrum out. As Warren goes, we all go. Gonna get fun.

Well, I hope he plans on paying off those NEZ bonds then, because I'm not paying $64,000 for a suite for 5 games, I doubt others will either.

Tusks

I think Scanlon will be awesome as an AD.  He can handle the administrative stuff, he's done bigger projects on other types of business in his career so nothing at the UA will be out of his reach.  He was in school when I was young and used to see him at the biz school all the time.  Chatted me up, just an A+ young man.  Now not as friendly as Billy Ray Smith but that's another story.

He's a former player.  I hope he keeps the student athlete environment that JL put together, that's his best accomplishment in my eyes, but Kevin needs to create a former player environment and get those guys there a lot lot more. They need a former player liaison and a whole program that not only takes care of them, but also brings them to the fans.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on November 16, 2017, 08:32:13 pm
I think Scanlon will be awesome as an AD.  He can handle the administrative stuff, he's done bigger projects on other types of business in his career so nothing at the UA will be out of his reach.  He was in school when I was young and used to see him at the biz school all the time.  Chatted me up, just an A+ young man.  Now not as friendly as Billy Ray Smith but that's another story.

He's a former player.  I hope he keeps the student athlete environment that JL put together, that's his best accomplishment in my eyes, but Kevin needs to create a former player environment and get those guys there a lot lot more. They need a former player liaison and a whole program that not only takes care of them, but also brings them to the fans.

I can go with all of this, probably the reason it won't happen. Yes, I suffer from "we can't have nice things", at Arkansas.

HogRyder

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 08:31:47 pm
Well, I hope he plans on paying off those NEZ bonds then, because I'm not paying $64,000 for a suite for 5 games, I doubt others will either.

Well Ricepig, I guess we know who is paying the buyouts for the dumpster fire on the hill.

Maybe you can put a call into the Walton Foundation and shut this down?

ricepig

Quote from: HogRyder on November 16, 2017, 08:51:49 pm
Well Ricepig, I guess we know who is paying the buyouts for the dumpster fire on the hill.

Maybe you can put a call into the Walton Foundation and shut this down?

You got the number?

cjack

Me either.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

HogRyder

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: HogRyder on November 16, 2017, 08:59:58 pm
No, I thought you did.

Nope, I've got Buddy's number, I guess Walton Enterprises will have to do.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 08:35:43 pm
I can go with all of this, probably the reason it won't happen. Yes, I suffer from "we can't have nice things", at Arkansas.

It happens....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogRyder

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 09:05:25 pm

I would suggest an ego angle on this one.  Nothing will make a rich person put out the cash like a ego trip that another rich person is about to infringe on their turf.

OtterHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 09:05:25 pm

Too many smokescreens involving you today. Something ain't right...

ricepig

Quote from: HogRyder on November 16, 2017, 09:10:21 pm
I would suggest an ego angle on this one.  Nothing will make a rich person put out the cash like a ego trip that another rich person is about to infringe on their turf.

Getting them to fight over who can donate the most, gotcha.

HogRyder

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 16, 2017, 09:18:26 pm

No kidding I've poked the bear twice and nothing.  I guess there is more to the story than wins, loses and buyouts.

ricepig

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 16, 2017, 09:18:26 pm

Lol, nope it's all good.

Piggfoot

is this the yearly rate?  I have heard he follows Jerry Jones lead with boxes but this is not Dallas.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on November 16, 2017, 08:17:20 pm
Kevin Scanlon will be our next AD. Makes too much sense.
I was with Kevin last week at a charity event. He is a good man. Likes to talk Razorback football and while I have no idea if he thinks he could be AD or would want to be AD, he would likely do a fine job of it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ur

Quote from: go hogues on November 16, 2017, 11:38:04 pm
"He is a native of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania..."

Look out, Delta
So is another great southern qb

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 11:41:21 pm

Didn't take long to see that Bert wasn't coaching.

Thanks for the video.  Good times.

ricepig

Quote from: ur on November 16, 2017, 11:51:35 pm
So is another great southern qb

You know, I don't blame him for wanting to kiss Suzy.....

Razorfox

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 08:24:20 pm
https://www.stephens.com/private-wealth-management/our-team/kevin-scanlon/

Before right now I couldn't have told you one thing about him other than he was a former player, but his bio sure seems to be exactly what both sides would want, a former player/coach that "understands" the Razorbacks and a guy with a serious business background.  What reasons are out there that we wouldn't want someone like him? 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: go hogues on November 16, 2017, 11:38:04 pm
"He is a native of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania..."

Look out, Delta
Former home town of one "Willie" Joe Namath.