Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New AD is a done deal

Started by Porked Tongue, November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Lady Razorback on November 17, 2017, 08:10:50 am
Thanks for the updating.  I looked at the public filings online with the IRS, and they are not as up to date.  I figured that the net assets should have significantly increased simply because the "net income" had been ticking upward each year and for that year ended it was approximately $7 million. 
Anyway, the point is the same right?  We don't have a "financial mess". We have a football coaching mess. 

I concur.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: The NewEra on November 17, 2017, 08:07:14 am
I find it amusing that so many believe Scanlon wouldn't be the AD because of compensation.  My guess is those people are either young or never made a lot of money.  There comes a time in some peoples lives when they feel very comfortable financially and they are interested in a new and exciting challenge, or an opportunity to create a lasting legacy.  On top of that, the AD job's compensation isn't going to put anyone in the poor house.  With the position comes a lot of power, influence and prestige.

I suspect it's going to be either Scanlon, Varaday or Trainor.

Well that lets me out....
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HamIAm

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 17, 2017, 07:36:39 am
Then that makes him a public employee. Don't know how the U of A can keep the reason of firing Jeff private.

Because it's a personnel matter.  Those items are exempt from the Freedom of Information Act. That is the reason bodies like Quorum Courts go into Executive Session when discussing personnel matters.

QuoteFreedom of Information Act Ark. Code Ann. §25-19-101 et seq. including §25-19-106.
Exempt: Income tax records; medical, scholastic and adoption records; historical and archeological files; on-going law enforcement investigations; working papers, competitive advantage, and personnel records; and identities of undercover law enforcement officers.

http://www.nfoic.org/arkansas-foia-laws

ur

BigSexyHog

Quote from: MartinGit on November 16, 2017, 05:57:39 pm
It's either: Varaday, TT, HDN, Trainor, Scanlon, or someone else...bank on it!!

Solid
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

OtterHog

dmaxfan

Quote from: HamIAm on November 17, 2017, 08:25:21 am
Because it's a personnel matter.  Those items are exempt from the Freedom of Information Act. That is the reason bodies like Quorum Courts go into Executive Session when discussing personnel matters.

http://www.nfoic.org/arkansas-foia-laws

To be honest, I've never felt ok with tax payers paying for any sports industry or being involved.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

ImYourHoggleberry

I wonder what the possibility is that Julie gets the job of firing Bert on Sunday so a new AD can come in on Monday with a clean slate.

Been10Hog

Quote from: ImYourHoggleberry on November 17, 2017, 08:39:56 am
I wonder what the possibility is that Julie gets the job of firing Bert on Sunday so a new AD can come in on Monday with a clean slate.
She's probably working on her speech right now for the presser

EastexHawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 16, 2017, 11:28:06 pm
It very well could be TT. He's someone older and close to the age where he could retire.. Although, Varday or Scanlon could be easily controlled. To figure out who it is just think 5-6 years in the future and which one will be "retiring" to free the job up for Gus. The next AD is nothing but a placeholder for Gus. I'll ask again, if this plan falls on it's face will the BOT be held responsible?
That's what most people don't understand, the BOT controls everything, including BB's hire. They don't take the heat for anything but they should. They have already hired Gus and if that fails they'll blame the new AD, who didn't have a say in his hiring. The BOT are the one's fans should be mad it.

What are you so worried about?  That the football program will fail?  Have you looked around lately?  We're already there.  We ARE the dumpster fire that so many on this board like to talk about other programs being.

Your guys had their chance and failed...miserably.  Excuse the rest of us if we're not nearly as forlorn as you are to see them go.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 17, 2017, 08:36:25 am

To be honest, I've never felt ok with tax payers paying for any sports industry or being involved.
it's about to end. The Rob Merica Blind Act, err, the House Tax Plan, plans to end charitable contribution right-offs on itemized deductions for those "donations" involved with season tickets.  If the clowns get their way, universities all over the country are about to be CRUSHED with debt and shrunken (forever) revenue streams.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 17, 2017, 10:17:19 am
it's about to end. The Rob Merica Blind Act, err, the House Tax Plan, plans to end charitable contribution right-offs on itemized deductions for those "donations" involved with season tickets.  If the clowns get their way, universities all over the country are about to be CRUSHED with debt and shrunken (forever) revenue streams.

Don't think the tax plan, as written, will ever become the law.  Some things will have to be changed first.  But the donation thing may still find it's way into the next try at passing a new tax plan.

dmaxfan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 17, 2017, 10:17:19 am

Just the thought of a rich business man that wants to build a stadium puts in 51% while getting taxpayers to pay the rest irritates the ever living $hit out of me instead of getting other private donors. Won't have to split proceeds with taxpayers.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

imtad16

According to a source Bo is citing says the AD isn't a done deal...

The_Iceman

Quote from: imtad16 on November 17, 2017, 11:51:54 am
According a source Bo is citing says the AD isn't a done deal...

Bo is being misled. He doesn't have sources anymore because he spent all his time kissing up to Bret and Jeff.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 17, 2017, 11:53:30 am
Bo is being misled. He doesn't have sources anymore because he spent all his time kissing up to Bret and Jeff.

That's what I think too. Really don't see this being a nationwide search. More like Arkansas wide

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: imtad16 on November 17, 2017, 11:51:54 am
According to a source Bo is citing says the AD isn't a done deal...

Bo don't know chit from
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

imtad16

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm
Likely announced as early as Monday.

Name won't be a stunner.

Any source updates Porked Tongue?

Tim Harris

I'm not saying he is right or wrong on this one but his current position will always provide him some of the best access to the program.  I don't think it takes to Jan 1 but also don't think it will be announced early next week like many feel.

I will gladly be wrong on that though....

HogAlum09

//http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/oct/25/state-hogs-tuberville-still-has-soft-spot-arkansas/

This leads me to believe Tuberville is absolutely in the running. This speech was more of a job interview than anything. Everything he says here shows that he is exactly what the BOT and Chancellor said Long wasn't.
Just my $0.02.

nervestrike

Jim Harris

Bo said it was certain we were hiring Gary Patterson in 2012.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

rhames

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 17, 2017, 12:42:08 pm

What are you heading Jim?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 17, 2017, 12:42:08 pm
That would have been great. I'd love to see us get after him again if Gus doesn't work out.

PorkSoda

so basically scanlon said no...

well that sucks.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

wildturkey8

I trust Porked's information more than Bo until I hear otherwise.

OtterHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 17, 2017, 12:45:44 pm
so basically scanlon said no...

well that sucks.

If there is a health condition that would keep him from fulfilling the job properly, surely we knew this BEFORE firing Jeff.

IF he was even a target.

If not, we need to fire a lot more than just Jeff.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 17, 2017, 12:46:56 pm
I trust Porked's information more than Bo until I hear otherwise. Monday
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

jgphillips3

I'm sure in his new show "Going Long on Bielema" Bo can fill us all with info from his two good buddies.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: nervestrike on November 17, 2017, 12:32:14 pm
It will be Gragg from Tulsa.

You win post for best substantive info. Glad we have this level of insight here.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

axharbor

dilly dilly

Joe_Shmo

PorkSoda

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 17, 2017, 12:48:01 pm
If there is a health condition that would keep him from fulfilling the job properly, surely we knew this BEFORE firing Jeff.

IF he was even a target.

well, its not like people advertise their health problems. 

also, it could be a convenient excuse for saying no and saving face.

sort of a "thanks but no thanks" response.  it's not like he isn't already in a pretty important/lucrative position

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Donny2665

Name won't be a stunner.
I believe this!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

PorkRinds

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 17, 2017, 12:55:02 pm
well, its not like people advertise their health problems. 

also, it could be a convenient excuse for saying no and saving face.

sort of a "thanks but no thanks" response.  it's not like he isn't already in a pretty important/lucrative position

Kevin wasn't going to take the AD spot assuming he was hired.  Man is living a complete dream right now and loving every minute of it.  More here than just the job and pay

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PorkSoda

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 17, 2017, 01:26:59 pm
Kevin wasn't going to take the AD spot assuming he was hired.  Man is living a complete dream right now and loving every minute of it.  More here than just the job and pay
right on.

Oklahawg

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 17, 2017, 12:48:01 pm

IF he was even a target.

Scanlon may not be offered, may not accept, etc., but it is not because of health concerns.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Note that there is a little inconvenience of law regarding public university positions and how they are filled. I think it applies to the AD position, but not certain about the HC position. Given that so much of the payday comes from the RF that may change things.

We may already have "the candidate" but the University must do its "due diligence" and give a 10-day window for Jeff to appeal, and then open the job formally for all qualified candidates.

Again, the name of the candidate next AD may be well known by the time we hire a FB coach but UA may not be able to formally name the hire.

How you work around the timetable is to have a letter of resignation dated back so many days, or a letter of termination dated back so many days, that stipulates no public announcement and a continuation of duties.

Or maybe that is how it works for the professorial types, or outside of Arkansas.

Just something to distract us while we wait.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BadHog

I don't know who Bo's sources are but I can assure you an AD has not been named. He is correct about that. Search committee - well I guess that is one way you could describe it. ;)
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

SooieGeneris

When are some people going to figure out that the days of the Ol' head coach getting kicked upstairs into the AD chair is NOT how things are done any more.

That practice stopped years ago. Barry Alvarez is the last of the breed. Tom Osborne at Nebraska was an exception. He was appointed AD only after serving in the US Congress and didn't hold the job very long.

All this talk about Flubberville just keeping the seat warm for Gus to be AD in a few years is absurd!

Neither of them is qualified to be an AD! A few more years as a HC is not going to qualify Gus either. If Auburn wants to give on the job training to Tuberville as AD, more power to them.

It would be a signal that he was only a figurehead and the real AD was behind the curtain. Why would we want such an arrangement putting the GOBN even more in charge than they were before JL?

The only reason Tuberville is even being mentioned is because he sucked up to the LR crowd at the LRTC..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ricepig

Quote from: BadHog on November 17, 2017, 01:58:20 pm
I don't know who Bo's sources are but I can assure you an AD has not been named. He is correct about that. Search committee - well I guess that is one way you could describe it. ;)

So I will get my per diem, glad to know that.

CDBHawg

Name won't be a stunner.

Who is it?

Porked Tongue

I'm still optimistic this is done sooner than later.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 17, 2017, 03:10:05 pm
I'm still optimistic this done sooner than later.
Bout time you came back and said something!

CDBHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 17, 2017, 03:10:05 pm
I'm still optimistic this is done sooner than later.

Care to give a name?

Porked Tongue

I don't think he'll walk thru the "A" Saturday.

But it would be interesting if it happened. :)

ur

Please baby Jesus make it Kevin Scanlon. Keep Varady as Pres of RF. Killer combo