Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New AD is a done deal

Started by Porked Tongue, November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pecos Hog

Quote from: BigDeal on November 16, 2017, 08:48:27 pm
folks you are getting tolled. i can say the search is still actively open and on going. lots of names inthat hat !

I thank you.

Zat really you, BigDeal?     

Roaringboar

Quote from: BigDeal on November 16, 2017, 08:48:27 pm
folks you are getting tolled. i can say the search is still actively open and on going. lots of names inthat hat !

I thank you.

WHAT!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!! THIS IS BREAKING NEW FOLKS, CAN'T YOU TELL BY HIS AMAZING GRAND 8 POSTS THAT HE'S A RELIABLE SOURCE  ;D ;D ;D
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Grag T

The BigDealDoe account is back LOL

(but I suspect not for long)
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

moses_007

The thing is, they want an Arkansan, a football guy, who's always loved the Razorbacks, for AD.  I don't see Scanlon as filling that criteria. 

I still say it's Tommy.

factchecker

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 08:53:28 pm
The thing is, they want an Arkansan, a football guy, who's always loved the Razorbacks, for AD.  I don't see Scanlon as filling that criteria. 

I still say it's Tommy.

What?

Scanlon is a Razorback.

Tommy is not.

Tommy said that nothing stinks worse than a wet Razorback.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

moses_007

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 08:54:37 pm
What?

Scanlon is a Razorback.

Tommy is not.

Tommy said that nothing stinks worse than a wet Razorback.
True he is a former Razorback, but has he been a head football coach?  Tommy's been coach of Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Auburn and Cincinnati. 

factchecker

Kevin Scanlon:

I can't find a picture of Tommy in Razorback gear.

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 08:56:03 pm
True he is a former Razorback, but has he been a head football coach?  Tommy's been coach of Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Auburn and Cincinnati. 

AND he's never dealt with money like Scanlon.

Coach does not = AD today.

Just because Tommy grew up in Arkansas does not make him a Razorback.

I know why people like Tommy and it revolves around what he said in at the TD Club.

Don't worry - Scanlon loves Little Rock too.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BigDeal

Quote from: Roaringboar on November 16, 2017, 08:50:26 pm
WHAT!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!! THIS IS BREAKING NEW FOLKS, CAN'T YOU TELL BY HIS AMAZING GRAND 8 POSTS THAT HE'S A RELIABLE SOURCE  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote
question at your own peril. i may not have been around here for a while but it dont mean ive stayed close to the hogs  and the program. those that do know me, know you can take my word to the bank. i know some of the names in the hat the top 2 or 3 but would be unreliable to reveal at this time

I thank you.

ur

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 08:53:28 pm

I still say it's Tommy.
Should've checked your ID at the door.

jcbville

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 05:40:45 pm
You got to give them credit for the coup, a few Central America countries could learn something here.

Truer words have never been spoken

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 16, 2017, 08:36:32 pm
FWIW......He goes way, way back with Jimmy Sexton.   Mike Norvell also is in Memphis - and Jimmy is his agent.
Was Sexton the agent for TT? Couldn't hurt to have an in with that guy.

TebowHater

Scanlon would be a Home run hire. Could successfully navigate us out of the financial mess we are now in and would never make such awful contracts. If ever in a bind can pick up the phone and call any big donor out there.

Tuberville would be a disaster.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 16, 2017, 08:18:23 pm
5 pages later...

I should listen to all my voice mail from 501 to see if I'm the next AD.  I'm sure it's me.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Slobberin'Hog on November 16, 2017, 06:18:51 pm
"It would be interesting to watch Tubs attempt to successfully make the move from one chair to the other along the lines of Barry Alvarez or Tom Osborne."

....or.... hmm. It seems like was another HC to AD move that would be more pertinent to Arkansas. I just can't figure out who...

Also, TT had a not-so-flattering hot mic incident recently. If it's him, I expect that will be mentioned in every story.

[/quote)When at Ole Miss in the late 90s, Flubberville had a camera in the visiting locker room before the Raycom telecast or whatever it was.

It was cold and rainy in Fayettevile for Homecoming. The last thing Flubberville said before his Webels took the field was to intone "member fellas, nuthin' stanks like a wet hawg"

And we want this idiot for AD? Not me! He supposedly has such strong ties to the state.

Did he attend UA? NO!
Has he ever coached in AR? Only at AS-Who!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

factchecker

People really want this guy leading the Razorbacks?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/12/tommy-tuberville-texas-tech-cincinnati/1763615/

QuoteTommy Tuberville left recruits at dinner to take Cincinnati job
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 16, 2017, 06:01:33 pm
It's Tommy T. This has been in the works for a while, hence his speech at the TD club
That would be interesting if true, obviously circumstances would be different if he got the job but he spoke highly of CBB.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2017, 09:00:22 pm
Was Sexton the agent for TT? Couldn't hurt to have an in with that guy.

yes

The Hawg Marshal

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 16, 2017, 06:36:07 pm
Barry Alvarez spoke at the TD club too...

Snowflake Blake from AS-Who spoke at the LRTD, so I guess he's the new AD if Flubberville turns it down? Please!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 09:00:33 pm
Scanlon would be a Home run hire. Could successfully navigate us out of the financial mess we are now in and would never make such awful contracts. If ever in a bind can pick up the phone and call any big donor out there.

Tuberville would be a disaster.

What financial mess are we in? Besides all the buyouts we created ourselves?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: hawgon on November 16, 2017, 06:39:25 pm
If it's TT, we would certainly be the talk of college football.

Laughing stock is more like. Those people must like losing and drama would be the headline. That job hopper left Ole Miss for the Barn.

I do give him credit for staying there a long time, but left Texas Tech for Cincy with one phone call from his agent while hosting Texas Tech recruits.

He just left them at the restaurant and didn't come back, told them nothing and was announced at Cincinnati the next day.

What a class (less) act! He would leave us for Auburn as AD or somewhere else in a heartbeat. He has no loyalty to this state or anyone but Tommy T!

HoggyCat

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 08:56:03 pm

He's ran a business and knows football.

Everyone's favorite line when I bashed Jeffi was "did Long call the plays??" It's not the AD'd job to be the coach. It's his job to find the right coaches, PROPERLY oversee budgets, build relationships and be low key. If you've got to be in the public eye, you're probably not doing the job everyone thinks you are.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

TebowHater

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 09:07:13 pm

That's all I mean. We have like $20M in buyouts. Another 5M+ in new coaches contracts.

$120M in stadium debt.

Falling TV revenue.

Main issue I speak of though is just the extra 20-25M we created for ourselves with Long and CBB (+assistants) firings.

factchecker

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 16, 2017, 09:13:19 pm

Everyone's favorite line when I bashed Jeffi was "did Long call the plays??" It's not the AD'd job to be the coach. It's his job to find the right coaches, PROPERLY oversee budgets, build relationships and be low key. If you've got to be in the public eye, you're probably not doing the job everyone thinks you are.....

Scanlon's connections are huge.

We might see a sizable increase in donations if he is hired.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 09:07:13 pm

For one, if the renovation stays aren't 80% sold upon completion of the renovation, Cede & Co can request payment in full.  Who can write a $120M+ check?? I know they say 62/70 loge boxes are sold, but what about the 3,500 club seats?  And the suites?

Roaringboar

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 16, 2017, 09:13:19 pm

Yeah, but I don't want another buisness guy.....that's what we had with Long.......strictly buisness, that's why the Hogs left Little Rock was his buisness B.S, and that's why we are spending over a hundred million on like 3,000 seats and those ridiculous suites.....I'm not saying it has to be a football guy, but I would much rather have a former football/basketball/baseball coach than I would another corporate person, even if it is an in-stater......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

factchecker

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 16, 2017, 09:15:47 pm
For one, if the renovation stays aren't 80% sold upon completion of the renovation, Cede & Co can request payment in full.  Who can write a $120M+ check?? I know they say 62/70 loge boxes are sold, but what about the 3,500 club seats?  And the suites?

Suites are sold out and if Scanlon is hired then I will seriously consider moving from the SOC to the NOC.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HoggyCat

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 09:15:37 pm

Donations are going up regardless. A Foundation official told me I was far from the minority when I told him I'll donate when Long is gone.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Sivad on November 16, 2017, 06:48:32 pm
Many fans/boosters would not even accept a phone call from him.
Guess ole AD Nutt could then call one of his infamous "code reds" on the "slaps" that stopped contributing.

Or have "Mother" Teresa and Danny come after them with a 2X4..

HoggyCat

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 09:16:44 pm
Suites are sold out and if Scanlon is hired then I will seriously consider moving from the SOC to the NOC.

Mmmmmkay.

factchecker

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 16, 2017, 09:17:21 pm
Mmmmmkay.

I'm not sure what you mean but I would love Scalon being hired.  It would increase my trust with athletic department.

I think he is a great prospect who can help unify our fanbase.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

cjack

Scanlon was the quarterback of the Hogs
Woooo Pig Soooie!

TebowHater

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 09:15:37 pm

We certainly would. Warren Stephens alone would give us a boost.

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 09:14:49 pm
That's all I mean. We have like $20M in buyouts. Another 5M+ in new coaches contracts.

$120M in stadium debt.

Falling TV revenue.

Main issue I speak of though is just the extra 20-25M we created for ourselves with Long and CBB (+assistants) firings.

TV revenue isn't falling, maybe some day.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 16, 2017, 07:24:50 pm

The guy that hired Frank Haith from Missouri? Which placed Missouri in trouble AND Miami? And you guys talk about Long making bad hires....

I was thinking Gragg might be a good choice, but forgot about that. Any AD who hired that Steve Urkel looking idiot is out in my book!

They didn't spring He Haith Me's buddy Nevin Shapiro of the U. from the federal pen to give him a job at TU did they?

LZH

Haven't seen my old buddy Sean Rochelle's name mentioned. Just wonder if he has even been considered. Always liked him, and he is a straight shooter.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2017, 07:30:36 pm
Scanlon is from Pennsylvania. DeltaBoy is going to hate that carpetbagger.

Scanlon has been in the South for over 40 years first at NC State, then here, but ole time's is not forgotten to some people..

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: wlbrown9 on November 16, 2017, 07:45:48 pm
My nephew took a picture of Tommy T in Memphis airport today. Not sure what he is doing here.

Interviewing mike Norvell?

Da da da dummm

SooieGeneris

Quote from: greenie on November 16, 2017, 07:47:26 pm
Mark David Chapman?  Lee Harvey Oswald? John Wilkes Booth?  Osama Bin Laden?  James Earl Ray?  Did I miss someone?

JW Booth would make one poster really happy. He might bring in Dr. Mudd as the team doctor..

SooieGeneris

Quote from: PorcineSublime on November 16, 2017, 07:51:28 pm
Michael Anthony Hall

Tiffany Amber Thiessen, for gender diversity's sake. Bobby would be begging to come back, although she's probably too old for him..

TebowHater

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 09:21:06 pm
TV revenue isn't falling, maybe some day.

TV revenues are definitely falling nationally, see ESPN. Sorry, didn't mean ours are actively falling, but rather that the next SECN contract will be worth a fraction of what current contract is.

HoggyCat

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 09:19:12 pm
I'm not sure what you mean but I would love Scalon being hired.  It would increase my trust with athletic department.

Scanlon it is, and I like it.

But the suites aren't sold.

TebowHater

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 16, 2017, 09:43:29 pm
Scanlon it is, and I like it.

But the suites aren't sold.

You are a joke. It is a fact the suites are sold. 100% fact. Please call tomorrow and pretend to try to buy one. Please.

Pork Twain

I would love for it to be Tommy T. or Kevin Scanlon.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 09:41:52 pm
TV revenues are definitely falling nationally, see ESPN. Sorry, didn't mean ours are actively falling, but rather that the next SECN contract will be worth a fraction of what current contract is.

It expires in 2034.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article318579/SEC-ESPN-extend-broadcast-agreement-through-2034-launch-new-network.html

tusksincolorado

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 09:19:12 pm

Then he needs to tour the country instead of unifying the Arkansas fan-base.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

TebowHater

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 09:45:17 pm
It expires in 2034.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article318579/SEC-ESPN-extend-broadcast-agreement-through-2034-launch-new-network.html

Wow, thanks for link. We still only get a fraction of total revenue generated and if national trends catch up with SEC that fraction will shrink, but good to know current deal we have lasts so long.

TN HOG

Sports fans, your next Hog AD is none other than Mr. Terry Don Phillips.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Don_Phillips

WPS!

Play like a Champion!

Hollywood870