Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dream AD/Head Coach Scenario

Started by Dr_Porkenstein, November 16, 2017, 10:40:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr_Porkenstein

Who is your dream AD/Head Coach scenario? Money and availability doesn't matter. I am all in with AD Theo Epstein and Head Coach John Gruden.

Seebs

AD - Warren Buffet
Head Coach - Jenna Jameson
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

menehune

Houston Nutt as AD and Gus Malzahn as head football coach...at any school other than Arkansas!!!!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: menehune on November 16, 2017, 11:04:46 am
Houston Nutt as AD and Gus Malzahn as head football coach...at any school other than Arkansas!!!!

I'd love this combo at TAMU!
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

DeltaBoy

AD Sam Walton
HC Bear Bryant
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grag T

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 16, 2017, 11:10:24 am
I'd love this combo at TAMU!

Keep Mal-a-zahn away from a&m, they'd beat us for the next 20 freakin' years.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Oklahawg

Quote from: menehune on November 16, 2017, 11:04:46 am

They'd fit in perfectly at Baylor.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SPAL

Quote from: Seebs on November 16, 2017, 10:41:17 am
AD - Warren Buffet

Meh....I could go along with WB as AD, But Jameson wouldn't be my first choice. I prefer a coach who uses a tight end.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Pig in the Pokey

AD - Warren Buffet
both are too old.

I'd say Mike Leach as AD/Coach/Lead Counsel
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BigBrandonAllenFan

Brad Teague AD.  Mike Norvell Coach.

Proven successful together.

Poker_hog

AD:  jerry jones
Coach:  nick Saban
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Hayduke

The obvious, can't miss, home run hires would be...

AD: Jeffrey Long
HC: Bret Bielema

Cinco de Hogo

I want the ones we get as long as it's the ones I want.

Poker_hog

Quote from: Hayduke on November 16, 2017, 11:40:08 am
The obvious, can't miss, home run hires would be...

AD: Jeffrey Long
HC: Bret Bielema

This is the answer that all of the Arkansas media and half of this board would have given 3 months ago.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Gladstonesmoans

rljjr

Hatfield, Jimmy Johnson or Butch Davis as AD

Coach? James Franklin 

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Seebs

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 16, 2017, 11:17:47 am
Meh....I could go along with WB as AD, But Jameson wouldn't be my first choice. I prefer a coach who uses a tight end.
No sir. Its all about the spread now. Wide outs. Lots of balls in the air.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hogindasticks

Sundog

Quote from: Seebs on November 16, 2017, 12:09:50 pm
No sir. Its all about the spread now. Wide outs. Lots of balls in the air.

Don't forget the wide receivers.  Lots of W I D E  R E C I E V E R S.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 16, 2017, 11:36:39 am
AD:  jerry jones
Coach:  nick Saban
Not enough room in the state of Arkansas for both egos.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Lard

i don't really have a dream HC in mind.  I think for them to be successful at Arkansas they have to be innovative offensively and must have a staff that can recruit Texas, N. Louisiana and pick up some skill players out of Florida as well keep the top Arkansas talent here.  Charlie Strong fits everything but offensive innovation.  I think his Louisville performance is noteworthy.  His Texas stint is hard to judge imo due to the dysfunction of the Texas program from day one of his tenure.  I'd like to see us give him a shot.   He's defensive minded and I think would be open to hiring the best OC he can in order to be innovative.

On the AD side - I think its probably going to be someone we haven't heard of or haven't much of.  But if we go with an Arkansas guy Sean Rochelle has a pretty pedigree http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/support-staff/sean-rochelle/

However, he left the foundation a few years back and has been in the private sector so I'm not sure if he's too rusty or if he has the desire.  He's a very personable guy, grew up just outside of Fayetteville in Elkins, got his graduate degrees from Arkansas and has worked for several Athletic departments in his career, including Arkansas.  His stint at the Foundation endeared him to the donors.

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/arkansas-democrat-gazette/20150731/282119225250533
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 16, 2017, 11:35:58 am
Brad Teague AD.  Mike Norvell Coach.

Proven successful together.
Congrats to BBAF for at least naming someone who has actually served as an AD.

ATLHog

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

AD - Warren Buffet

Now there's a "head coach" with some experience!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Hog10S

AD Barry Switzer or Jimmy Johnson
Coach while Saban would be a dream, I'm not going to say him. I would actually take Kiffin - IF he agrees to hire a major defensive coordinator for that side of the ball. He would be good for a 3-5 year period, bring us back to relevance and then when he believes he has shown enough growth as a coach to take on a job, such as Saban's replacement at Alabama or maybe one of the schools up North, he will leave and we will be in a much better position to pick a really splashy name.

Hogimus Prime

AD: Carver Purcell
Head Coach: Ed Gennero. DC Wally Rig

Oliver

AD:  Joe Castiglione
HC:  Nick Saban

hogsanity

Just for the entertainment of a server melting tsunami of crying that would happen here lets have HDN as AD, Les Miles as HC, and just for fun Paul Johnson as his OC.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

nervestrike

Gragg from Tulsa will be the new AD. Norvell for Coach would be my choice.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: nervestrike on November 16, 2017, 03:52:14 pm
Gragg from Tulsa will be the new AD. Norvell for Coach would be my choice.
Gragg would be a great choice.  And congrats to you for suggesting an actual AD.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

MountieDawg

AD - Lavar Ball

Head Coach - Lozo Ball
Asst Coach - LiAngeleo Ball
SEC!

Citizen2729

HBTHogs

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Guinness Snout

does anyone see maybe butch Davis as AD?  He does have some administrative background with the Browns

ICEman

Auburn Alum Tim Cook
Auburn HFBC Gus Malzahn
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

dc10x5555

cosmodrum

Doesn't matter what we want. We just saw a successful coup by the Gus humpers. He will absolutely be our next coach, and things are going to get worse before they get better.

I don't understand why anyone thinks a guy that wins 7 or 8 games with Auburn talent will do any better here with not even half of the talent.
Go away, batin'