Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone catch the 6:00 PM news on KARK,

Started by 1highhog, November 15, 2017, 08:57:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Regarding the Pigtrail Nation piece with Mike?  Mike Irwin, did I hear you say that the BOT would be in the process of looking for a Football coach?  The reason I'm asking is it sounded like it's a done deal that Bielema is for sure gone after the Missouri game.  I know we all have speculated that he will be fired at seasons end, but the way I heard the news, it sounded like 100% a done deal, that would make me feel all warm and snug.  If I heard it wrong please delete this Mods.

hawg1221

ricepig

Well, Bazz said he was gone, unless we beat MSU and Mizzou, and then said, "we aren't beating them".

Boardon Hamsay

I suspect the folks over at goemaw could be gettin nervous. If Snyder retires, I could see B.B. landing there. I could also see Snyder providing a recommendation for CBB to be his heir, so to speak.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

thebignasty

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 15, 2017, 09:03:34 pm
I suspect the folks over at goemaw could be gettin nervous. If Snyder retires, I could see B.B. landing there. I could also see Snyder providing a recommendation for CBB to be his heir, so to speak.

Good for jadks kids

cjack

Quote from: 1highhog on November 15, 2017, 08:57:59 pm
Regarding the Pigtrail Nation piece with Mike?  Mike Irwin, did I hear you say that the BOT would be in the process of looking for a Football coach?  The reason I'm asking is it sounded like it's a done deal that Bielema is for sure gone after the Missouri game.  I know we all have speculated that he will be fired at seasons end, but the way I heard the news, it sounded like 100% a done deal, that would make me feel all warm and snug.  If I heard it wrong please delete this Mods.

The same board that supposedly had no power last week?  /s
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Lanny

good segment
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

swineology

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 15, 2017, 09:03:34 pm

Foregone conclusion Snyder's son has the job.

Do research before you troll

;)

bondhue

Bill Snyder is 78 and fit as a fiddle.  He is meticulous about his health, weight and football program.  His attention to detail is Saban-like.  He cares about his program and is anything but a fool.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

ImHogginIt

Should fire him now and not let him have a chance to win the next two weeks.

Idahog

Quote from: swineology on November 15, 2017, 09:26:48 pm
Foregone conclusion Snyder's son has the job.

Do research before you troll

;)

Truth.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

SamBuckhart

Don't like talking about this with 2 games left. I lost control a while back though.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

hogblitz

Do you still stand by your statement about Gus not coming?  I ask because you were adamant about it and wondering if any thing may have changed on that front in the last couple days.

moses_007

Mike Irwin is 100 percent right.  Bret Bielema will receive his termination letter immediately after the Missouri game the day after Thanksgiving.

hogblitz

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 12:25:17 am
Mike Irwin is 100 percent right.  Bret Bielema will receive his termination letter immediately after the Missouri game the day after Thanksgiving.
Did Mike say that statement?

TulsaHawg

Eric Bolin offers a different opinion.

From what I have heard, and from many things posted on HV, Eric is way off base, and seems to be out of touch with what's actually going on. Some of the things he speculates about in this article have already been dealt with according to many folks.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/jeff-long-bret-bielema-arkansas-111517?utm_campaign=SF_SECCountryHogs&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

moses_007

Quote from: hogblitz on November 16, 2017, 12:27:45 am
Did Mike say that statement?
No, but everyone in Arkansas, including Bielema himself, know for sure today that it is coming.

SouthernBoy69

I would find it hard to believe that Arkansas doesn't have someone in mind as AD.  Just given the timing and the fluid nature of everything.  The only way Bert is still here next year is if there's a massive snag in something involving his contract.

jvanhorn

Well he is going to have his hands full trying to beat Iowa State, Texas, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma, for starters.   He can beat Kanas though.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 15, 2017, 11:42:41 pm

Like ol' Bert had a chance of winning those games in the first place.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 12:25:17 am

Leaving him dangle in the breeze for 2 more weeks is medieval.  Marcellus Wallace style.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 09:01:41 pm
Well, Bazz said he was gone, unless we beat MSU and Mizzou, and then said, "we aren't beating them".

IF he wins out I'd bet he starts to look elsewhere himself if not fired. He will have a new boss that might not be so tolerant and he might not get along with the new AD.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

waphill

Quote from: bondhue on November 15, 2017, 10:02:36 pm
Bill Snyder is 78 and fit as a fiddle.  He is meticulous about his health, weight and football program.  His attention to detail is Saban-like.  He cares about his program and is anything but a fool.

Maybe not quite fit as a fiddle. He was here in KC going through cancer treatments all last summer.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TulsaHawg on November 16, 2017, 12:39:32 am

From what I have heard, and from many things posted on HV, Eric is way off base, and seems to be out of touch with what's actually going on. Some of the things he speculates about in this article have already been dealt with according to many folks.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/jeff-long-bret-bielema-arkansas-111517?utm_campaign=SF_SECCountryHogs&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Eric Bolin is the new Shields.................except I hate to dog Shields like that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 12:39:32 am
No, but everyone in Arkansas, including Bielema himself, know for sure today that it is coming.

But you start by saying that Mike is 100% right.

It's like someone saying Moses_007 is 100% correct CBB is a better coach than CBP and Gus.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 16, 2017, 06:55:03 am
Like ol' Bert had a chance of winning those games in the first place.

Don't be surprised if inspiration hits the locker room and Hogs win out.

Likely?  No, but certainly no out of the realm of possibility.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

cram224

Quote from: Mellon Collie on November 16, 2017, 06:58:43 am
Leaving him dangle in the breeze for 2 more weeks is medieval.  Marcellus Wallace style.
Pulp Fiction style?

The Hawg Marshal

You lost me at Eric Bolin.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 15, 2017, 11:42:41 pm

Joke
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

younghog

GO HOGS

oldhawg

I think I read that Snyder wants his son to replace him as head coach, not that it is going to happen.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 16, 2017, 07:14:24 am
Eric Bolin is the new Shields.................except I hate to dog Shields like that.

You owe Shields an apology for this comparison.

AlmaHog2011

He could end up just like Pel..I can't see anyone hiring him at a power 5 he can't coach.

DeltaBoy

I watched it online and The Whiskey Pig farmer is GONE!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: cjack on November 15, 2017, 09:16:50 pm
The same board that supposedly had no power last week?  /s

Yeah a couple days back ole Bo and his little buddy were laughing like crazy saying the BOT doesn't make those decisions..How stupid they look now and if you listen they are not happy.

Leadbelly

Bolin is out of touch with reality, like so many in the "electronic media." Kinda like 24-7 news channels, they have to put something on so....even guys that think they are sports reporters!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

The Hawg Marshal

I always appreciate it when someone posts a Bolin link and identifies it as such. Keeps me from giving him a click. Because that's all he wants anyway. His opinion means nothing to me.