Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No more front facing hog?

Started by twistitup, November 15, 2017, 01:53:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to get rid of wolfhog (front facing hog)

Yes
No
Fp

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

phadedhawg

I don't like it either but a lot of teams have a front facing alternate logo now. 

I think we should redo it but not trash the concept. 

Also...FP baby

Ex-Trumpet

Nike has done this with all the mascots of the schools they have contracts with, I think.  It's awful.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jkstock04

Yes times a million. Worst one ever.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

J-Five

I have no issue with it...I think there are more important things to focus on. 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

Ohio Hog

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: J-Five on November 15, 2017, 01:55:50 pm
I have no issue with it...I think there are more important things to focus on. 

Like what?!?!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Corkscrew Johnson

PorkRinds

dbankster

Justintime75

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 01:55:16 pm
Nike has done this with all the mascots of the schools they have contracts with, I think.  It's awful.
Mizzou is a Nike school, but I've never seen a front-facing logo from Nike. Would look weird. But Mizzou is pretty all-in on the "oval tiger head" logo, so maybe that's why.

twistitup

We need to go back old school- the wolfhog doesn't do it for me

DoctorSusscrofa

Yes. It's the only way to put the universe right.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

1highhog

Sooiepride

Bring back the pantless, sweater wearing hog and the running hog from the 60s & 70's. 
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 15, 2017, 01:54:12 pm
Yes, should be top priority.
This^

I never thought popcorn hog would be considered a lesser evil
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jmark

maybe if it was a rear facing hog
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

woodhog14

It won't be changed. A secondary logo was required by ESPN and the SECN. All teams have a secondary logo now due to TV purposes.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

slappy

RazorPiggie

I don't like it but I think that is something Nike came up with not us.

bphi11ips

Bring back the old plastic Hog hat.

Sooiepride

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 15, 2017, 02:15:42 pm

You mean the ones prior to the head-humping hog? I agree.
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: woodhog14 on November 15, 2017, 02:10:26 pm
It won't be changed. A secondary logo was required by ESPN and the SECN. All teams have a secondary logo now due to TV purposes.
we could have a secondary logo, just doesn't have to be the front facing.  Our secondary logo ought to be the Hog running through the A

greenEGnHAWGS

I'm fine with it. Its not like its stuck in the middle of out BB courts, FB fields, sides of helmets, etc. As a secondary logo though...yep. Fine by me.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Cotton

My contract obliges me to vote Frito Pie in all polls however Pumba Hog needs to go.

If Nike is the problem, I'd go back to Adidas yesterday.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Ex-Trumpet

jvanhorn

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 01:55:16 pm

The thing is butt ugly--and has a remarkable similiarity to the Arkansas State Red Wolf, lol.

DeltaBoy

Stop all the AD's and let the Band play at Halftime.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Cotton on November 15, 2017, 02:22:09 pm
My contract obliges me to vote Frito Pie in all polls however Pumba Hog needs to go.

If Nike is the problem, I'd go back to Adidas yesterday.

I wish New Balance or Majestic made football jerseys.  Majestic makes every MLB uniform.  They are always top notch quality.

AirWarren

jvanhorn

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 15, 2017, 02:09:09 pm
This^

I never thought popcorn hog would be considered a lesser evil

Popcorn Hog and Slobberin Hog will be here forever!  There is just something about them that no one else has.

WaltonCollege

Let's worry about winning games, then we can worry about the decal

Cotton

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 15, 2017, 02:41:41 pm
I wish New Balance or Majestic made football jerseys.  Majestic makes every MLB uniform.  They are always top notch quality.
I'd be ok with UA or Adidas... Majestic is terrific baseball, but I don't think we need to go that far off the spectrum. New Balance sucks.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

BearsBisonsBoars

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 15, 2017, 02:15:42 pm

Wasn't that one outlawed courtesy of the Weapons of Mass Destruction Act?...or something? (See attached vintage pic of son. Ignore the sig.)

I am in the design business—so yes, that makes me an expert—and I have never minded the forward facing hog. It's not as good as our regular running hog (which is great), but I don't understand the hate. The only resemblance I see to the A-State wolf is it's red. Given how ugly some of Nike's design decisions are—many outright terrible—I'm fairly happy with this one. I'd tweak a couple things, but I think it's okay. (Edit, the Star Trek guy is very funny.)

I have also been fond of Popcorn Hog in small doses. But what I do NOT like is the "dog bone" type, with the big first letter/last letter. It's ugly and it's awkward—see jvanhorn's avatar.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HogFoo

Get rid of it, and also put the slobbering Razorbacks back on the basketball court!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

bphi11ips

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 02:26:47 pm
Yup, these new ones suck.

I bought a bunch once but gave them all away.  My daughter wanted one the other day and I couldn't find one. Do they still make them?

Leon Wilkeson told me he wore the one I gave him at a Riverfest show.  Leon was Lynyrd Skynyrd's original bass player.  He wore a different hat onstage for every Skynyrd show he ever played.  Interesting guy. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 15, 2017, 02:59:19 pm
Wasn't that one outlawed courtesy of the Weapons of Mass Destruction Act?...or something? (See attached vintage pic of son. Ignore the sig.)

I am in the design business—so yes, that makes me an expert—and I have never minded the forward facing hog. It's not as good as our regular running hog (which is great), but I don't understand the hate. The only resemblance I see to the A-State wolf is it's red. Given how ugly some of Nike's design decisions are—many outright terrible—I'm fairly happy with this one. I'd tweak a couple things, but I think it's okay. (Edit, the Star Trek guy is very funny.)

I have also been fond of Popcorn Hog in small doses. But what I do NOT like is the "dog bone" type, with the big first letter/last letter. It's ugly and it's awkward—see jvanhorn's avatar.

That's the one.  I thin there a few variations over time, but they were ubiquitous for decades at Razorback games.

GunnerHawg70

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 15, 2017, 02:59:19 pm

it could have been okay with a few tweaks, for instance, what is with the gigantic under bite?  from the perspective, you shouldn't be able to see the bottom lip.  second is of course the warf ridges.  there has to be a better way to do that, the tusks aren't quite right either.  I get the feeling that whoever approved it barely glanced at it before signing off.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Seebs

Just like Nolan's first year Razorback jerseys - some things have to be eradicated.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Cotton on November 15, 2017, 02:49:41 pm
I'd be ok with UA or Adidas... Majestic is terrific baseball, but I don't think we need to go that far off the spectrum. New Balance sucks.

Sorry, I meant New Balance shoes, not jerseys.  They do not suck. 

Razorbackers

Hog-Corleone

This should be the new AD's first three action items...in this order:
1:  Put slobbering hog back on the floor in Bud
2:  Retire Klingon Hog
3:  Hire a new coach
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

twistitup

I swear an artist from Jonesboro created that thing

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!