Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally vs. Paul

Started by bphi11ips, November 15, 2017, 01:37:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Finebaum needs to stick to Alabama politics.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DeltaBoy

Finebaum is feeling his oats.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FutureMan

"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

phadedhawg

Jimbob111

Ouch. That escalated quicly.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

WilsonHog

Without even listening, my guess is that Paul is hammering us for making Jeff Long yield.

bphi11ips

Anyone have a link to Wally's interview on Finebaum from a few weeks ago?

Wally said Arkansas may get a new AD and head coach.  Finebaum donned his superior look and replied he had just been told Long was negotiating a new contract.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Drop the Mike

Could you explain what was said to those of us at work? Although I use the term work very loosely today

bulldog04

Didn't Finebaum say Long was working on a new contract when Wally was on?

slappy

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 15, 2017, 01:58:53 pm
Anyone have a link to Wally's interview on Finebaum from a few weeks ago?

Wally said Arkansas may get a new AD and head coach.  Finebaum donned his superior look and replied he had just been told Long was negotiating a new contract.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAZYTLpsqg&t=3600s

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: bulldog04 on November 15, 2017, 01:59:23 pm
Didn't Finebaum say Long was working on a new contract when Wally was on?

I guess in a sense, he was correct...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

1highhog

Finebaum is a tool and will always be one, how anyone but people in Alabama listen to him is beyond my mental faculties.

hehawg

Wally would like Bret to stay....
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

DenaoStyle

Wally was just on Finebaum...what an embarrassment.  I live in Texas, so I don't have the 'luxury' of reading his takes on a weekly/daily basis.  But, man, that was humiliating for me to listen to.  Made it sound like we're just lucky to be in the SEC.

I'd fire his ass this afternoon if I were in charge of the paper.  Guys like that have no business representing Arkansas.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: hehawg on November 15, 2017, 02:14:39 pm

I was just about to say that...I'm sure from a media standpoint they all want CBB to stay...My only question would be how can he turn the program around and win over Hog fan base?!?!

hehawg

Wally sounded like a complete idiot saying one thing then in the next sentence totally contradicting himself
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Pig in the Pokey

Paul just said he thinks Gus will take the job.

Duh. Of course he would. Would he have taken it had it been offered when he took th Auburn job 5 years ago? OF COURSE, that's why he waited until after Arkansas job was filled to take the Auburn job. Not my first choice but the writing is on the wall.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Broadway Rob

Quote from: DenaoStyle on November 15, 2017, 02:16:46 pm
Wally was just on Finebaum...what an embarrassment.  I live in Texas, so I don't have the 'luxury' of reading his takes on a weekly/daily basis.  But, man, that was humiliating for me to listen to.  Made it sound like we're just lucky to be in the SEC.

I'd fire his ass this afternoon if I were in charge of the paper.  Guys like that have no business representing Arkansas.

Yeah, and made the statement that he'd like to keep CBB because of his openness to the media???  Really man?  WTH?
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: hehawg on November 15, 2017, 02:14:39 pm

I swear I almost punched my computer when he said that.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Hogsenburg

Finebaum and Wally are 2 peas in a pod....both d-bags

LRHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 15, 2017, 02:18:36 pm
Paul just said he thinks Gus will take the job.

Duh. Of course he would. Would he have taken it had it been offered when he took th Auburn job 5 years ago? OF COURSE, that's why he waited until after Arkansas job was filled to take the Auburn job. Not my first choice but the writing is on the wall.

Got any links to a replay or anything like that?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: LRHog on November 15, 2017, 02:22:47 pm
Got any links to a replay or anything like that?
It's live on SEC network. He just said it again. Said we'd be screwed if Auburn beats Bama and UGA again back-to-back and ends up in the playoffs , but, in any other case he thinks Gus to Arkansas will happen.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

slappy

Quote from: hehawg on November 15, 2017, 02:18:32 pm
Wally sounded like a complete idiot saying one thing then in the next sentence totally contradicting himself

Yep, sounds about right

LRHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 15, 2017, 02:23:57 pm
It's live on SEC network. He just said it again. Said we'd be screwed if Auburn beats Bama and UGA again back-to-back and ends up in the playoffs , but, in any other case he thinks Gus to Arkansas will happen.

I personally want Gus, and I know Pauls an idiot, but he has some contacts in the Alabama football arena. So I personally enjoy hearing him say that. Im not a crazy Gus fan, but I think he can win here.

PorkBilly

Quote from: FutureMan on November 15, 2017, 01:45:38 pm
Can we elaborate on this?

OK. Wally said "there are at least two programs ahead of Ark...FL and TN. If A&M gets in the fray, it drops Ark further". They need to get an AD ASAP.  Pandering the Finebaum folks. If you are one of the "poor ole Arky" believers, you need Wally as your leader and confession confidant. He's terrible.

Tusks

Wally admitted to wanting BB to stay because he makes the medias job easier.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: LRHog on November 15, 2017, 02:26:09 pm
I personally want Gus, and I know Pauls an idiot, but he has some contacts in the Alabama football arena. So I personally enjoy hearing him say that. Im not a crazy Gus fan, but I think he can win here.
I'm with you that it would be a strong hire, much better than most. I'd rather see Leach and possibly Norvell, although he's a bigger risk, but I'd be ok with Gus. I aint mad at Gus about the  Nutt stuff. If he comes I want him to bring Kevin Steele with him and I'll be on board. Bring Horton, too, and keep Lunney.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 15, 2017, 02:23:57 pm

It would make it more difficult. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 02:36:25 pm
Wally admitted to wanting BB to stay because he makes the medias job easier.

Would have to hear the context and tone of the comment.  I think many of you are making this a bigger comment than it really was. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hehawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 15, 2017, 02:46:59 pm
Would have to hear the context and tone of the comment.  I think many of you are making this a bigger comment than it really was.

So you didn't hear the context or tone and the ones who did are making it bigger than it was?
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Sed76

Seriously, why has Wally Hall had a job for as long as he has? His columns have pretty much always been terrible. Is there not any other journalists in the state who wants the job?

Captain Hamerica

Okay, this is driving me nuts.  Today is the first time I have watched Finebaum.  Who does he sound like?  ???

HognitiveDissonance

This is why I can't stand Wally Hall.
With Wally, it's always about HIMSELF and the MEDIA.
He's such a hypocrite.
Wally feels he's free to opine and criticize, but don't you dare say anything about the MEDIA.
50% of Wally's columns consist of what accomodations he had, what restaurants he went to, where the media sits at games, what coaches are friendly to the media, etc etc.
This is the guy who insinuated he wouldn't vote for K State's Colin Klein for the Heisman...because Bill Snyder wouldn't let him talk to the MEDIA.
This is the same guy who turned on Houston Nutt primarily because Nutt had the audacity to say something about the MEDIA.
So for Wally to say something about Bielema because he was media friendly is completely in character with Wally Hall.

goneal

My gosh, Wally is a terrible interview.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

Boarcephus

Wally made a comment that I only wish he'd made when Laura was there.  They were talking about the new AD and Wally said he'd thought the Assistant AD at LSU, who was from NLR, would make a good one. Then it was brought up that Julie Peoples was the Interim AD.   He then said football coaches are a strange breed and didn't think they'd want to work for a female AD.   I thought, wow.  You may think it, not sure you'd want to say it. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hobhog

Anytime Wally goes out of market to do interview he seems to be a totally different person. If he'd write half the things in ADG he says on Finebaum or other outlets he'd get crucified here. He just cowers to whoever his audience is. I remember hearing him interviewed on UGA radio before we won there few years back and I was embarrassed for state,

texas tush hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 15, 2017, 02:43:34 pm
I'm with you that it would be a strong hire, much better than most. I'd rather see Leach and possibly Norvell, although he's a bigger risk, but I'd be ok with Gus. I aint mad at Gus about the  Nutt stuff. If he comes I want him to bring Kevin Steele with him and I'll be on board. Bring Horton, too, and keep Lunney.

Horton and Lunney will never be on staff together, book it.

holeinthewall

This was a great poster last week.  If you don't know what the 7th floor crew was.  Google it.

Or ask this guy.

bkjbearcat

Another media member that is nothing but a hack.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

(notOM)Rebel123

Did Wally refer to us as University of Arkansas, Fayetteville?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rzrbaxfan

Wally vs Paul....a battle of wits.  Dim vs Nit.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: hobhog on November 16, 2017, 07:46:32 am
Anytime Wally goes out of market to do interview he seems to be a totally different person. If he'd write half the things in ADG he says on Finebaum or other outlets he'd get crucified here. He just cowers to whoever his audience is. I remember hearing him interviewed on UGA radio before we won there few years back and I was embarrassed for state,
That was 2005 before the UGA game. He said that was maybe the worst Arkansas team in the past so-many years.

Word came back to Arkansas what he had said, and he had to craw-dad back on it. What a numbskull...as if it didn't occur to him that what he said on Georgia radio was going to get back to Arkansas.

Some of you wonder how Wally has a job on the same day the outsider got fired. That's how Arkansas works, if you are from here and can stick around long enough, you get tenure and they can't get rid of you.

hoghiker

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 15, 2017, 02:46:59 pm
Bingo. Wally did say he likes BB because he makes his assistant coaches, players and himself available to media. Did not say he wanted to keep him. Gus is in play but if they Beat Bama probably doesn't play out. Said Arkansas is looking for a coach when lots of other schools are. All are fishing in a shallow pool where there are probably more openings than potential candidates. Wally tried to play up his Lewis Gizzard demeanor but other than that the interview was harmless.

BrockndaRock

Paul actually stood up for Arkansas during his show.

He slammed some Bama fan for saying who could do better than Bret. Paul said Arkansas deserves to at least be competitive in games, in which Bret has not... Really good show imo yesterday.

hoglady

Quote from: hoghiker on November 16, 2017, 09:32:59 am
Bingo. Wally did say he likes BB because he makes his assistant coaches, players and himself available to media. Did not say he wanted to keep him. Gus is in play but if they Beat Bama probably doesn't play out. Said Arkansas is looking for a coach when lots of other schools are. All are fishing in a shallow pool where there are probably more openings than potential candidates. Wally tried to play up his Lewis Gizzard demeanor but other than that the interview was harmless.

Lewis Grizzard - God I miss that man.
Died way too young.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BrockndaRock on November 16, 2017, 09:43:52 am
Paul actually stood up for Arkansas during his show.

He slammed some Bama fan for saying who could do better than Bret. Paul said Arkansas deserves to at least be competitive in games, in which Bret has not... Really good show imo yesterday.
Paul sounded like me out there. Wally had poorlilolearkinsaw syndrome.