Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My opinion on the next AD

Started by Rustyhog, November 15, 2017, 01:05:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustyhog

So, I've noticed that some folks here seem to think that the next AD would be someone from the South. One comment I read said that we as hog fans hate anyone that didn't come from a slave state. Which I personally take offence too, and think is an obscene comment.

Face facts, Jeff NEVER fit in nor did he have ANY sort of respect for our history or traditions. In fact, some folks have told me in person that Long & some of his lackeys think the Hog Call is "hokie".

YOU MUST HAVE A RESPECT FOR THOSE THAT CAME BEFORE YOU!

It's NOT just ARKANSAS thing. Michigan has said OFFICIALLY many times they want a MICHIGAN MAN. NOT an outsider. THAT is about as far from southern as you can get.

SO, the next AD needs:

- Embrace the history & traditions of our University & State, no need to change it. We love Hog Calls, running through the A is SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NOT SELL, ETC... YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE FROM HERE, BUT AT LEAST HAVE & SHOW SOME RESPECT! JFB wasn't from here but LOVED this place!

- You MUST want to be here and do whats right for the INSTITUTION, not just build a resume'.

- UNDERSTAND that we are primarily a VERY POOR STATE! Folks cannot pay the exorbitant prices to go to a game. Don't spend MILLIONS on stuff we don't really have to have then expect fans to be able to spend $1000 a game to pay for it.

- WE ARE A COLLEGE TEAM NOT AN NFL TEAM. Just because we are the big game in the state does NOT mean we need to act like an NFL team. 

Bottom line, this needs to be someone that WANT'S to be here and learns to appreciate where we've come & how we got here. Someone that understands ALL COLLEGES spend a TON of time & effort NOT to be like another, They ALL want to be different. Otherwise, pick the school near you & go there.

hogsanity

Quote from: Rustyhog on November 15, 2017, 01:05:36 pm

SO, the next AD needs:

- Embrace the history & traditions of our University & State,

- UNDERSTAND that we are primarily a VERY POOR STATE! Folks cannot pay the exorbitant prices to go to a game.

-

Like the KKK and slavery? Seriously, I keep seeing this, what traditions and history do you mean?

You do know our ticket prices are some of the lowest in all of the P5 leagues, don't you?

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ATLHog

So, I've noticed that some folks here seem to think that the next AD would be someone from the South. One comment I read said that we as hog fans hate anyone that didn't come from a slave state. Which I personally take offence too, and think is an obscene comment.

Face facts, Jeff NEVER fit in nor did he have ANY sort of respect for our history or traditions. In fact, some folks have told me in person that Long & some of his lackeys think the Hog Call is "hokie".

It's NOT just ARKANSAS thing. Michigan has said OFFICIALLY many times they want a MICHIGAN MAN. NOT an outsider. THAT is about as far from southern as you can get.

SO, the next AD needs:

- Embrace the history & traditions of our University & State, no need to change it. We love Hog Calls, running through the A is SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NOT SELL, ETC... YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE FROM HERE, BUT AT LEAST HAVE & SHOW SOME RESPECT! JFB wasn't from here but LOVED this place!

- You MUST want to be here and do whats right for the INSTITUTION, not just build a resume'.

- UNDERSTAND that we are primarily a VERY POOR STATE! Folks cannot pay the exorbitant prices to go to a game. Don't spend MILLIONS on stuff we don't really have to have then expect fans to be able to spend $1000 a game to pay for it.

- WE ARE A COLLEGE TEAM NOT AN NFL TEAM. Just because we are the big game in the state does NOT mean we need to act like an NFL team. 

Bottom line, this needs to be someone that WANT'S to be here and learns to appreciate where we've come & how we got here. Someone that understands ALL COLLEGES spend a TON of time & effort NOT to be like another, They ALL want to be different. Otherwise, pick the school near you & go there.

Sir Brad is going to give you a personal tour of the pit of misery...

BoogaHog

SO, the next AD needs:

100% GREAT TAKE.  Most do not understand that most of Arkansas did not want to be a slave state and all of the soldiers from Arkansas were not the rich, plantation owners - but, poor kids from  hilly and rocky soil.  They fought and died for Arkansas and fought tenaciously due to their ability to navigate rugged terrains and shoot trap and kill for food as opposed to sipping mint juleps on the front porch.  IN fact when the confederate cavalry rode into Fayetteville the locals would rush to lower the US flag and put the CSA flag up.  Also, troops marched from Helena to LR to coerce the state legislature to vote for succession.  I am very southern in culuture but HATE the scourge of slavery and any romanticism of it.  Lou Holtz was a yankee and I would kiss his yankee @** on Main Street.  Loved the man.  Steinmetz is a "yankee" and just had the you know whats to pull the trigger.  He gets it.  Don't discount them just because they are from somewhere else.  I get that many of them think we are stupid hillbillies, but many do not.  Let those that are going to think stupid, be stupid and arrogant to their demise.  We are uniquely ARKANSAS, we are southern, midwest, west, southwest and uniquely Razorback.

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2017, 01:09:14 pm
Like the KKK and slavery? Seriously, I keep seeing this, what traditions and history do you mean?

You do know our ticket prices are some of the lowest in all of the P5 leagues, don't you?

Hopefully they just mean Little Rock games. I can't think of any other tradition that Long didn't keep going. And we still have one more game in little rock.

OtterHog

Ticket prices are the proverbial dead horse here. We are more affordable than most major conference schools as previously mentioned in this thread.

You can't have quality coaches and facilities with $20 ticket prices.

phadedhawg

LOL...I said that a week ago.  Funny you're still burning about it. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

phadedhawg

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 01:28:46 pm
Ticket prices are the proverbial dead horse here. We are more affordable than most major conference schools as previously mentioned in this thread.

programs are expensive.  There are a lot of people in Arkansas who can afford them.  It would be silly to price them cheaper so everyone could

ricepig

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 01:28:46 pm

Correct, but maybe Jerry, Warren, Jim, George, Ringo, Paul, and John will donate enough so that tickets are free!!!

phadedhawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 01:34:16 pm
Correct, but maybe Jerry, Warren, Jim, George, Ringo, Paul, and John will donate enough so that tickets are free!!!

It's already confirmed brother!

BoogaHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 15, 2017, 01:27:12 pm
Hopefully they just mean Little Rock games. I can't think of any other tradition that Long didn't keep going. And we still have one more game in little rock.

I think, do not know, but get the feel that it is about respecting and acknowledging some of the people and approaches that came before the Long/Beliema era.  The fact that there were some perhaps, callous, moves abruptly made when Long entered rubbed many the wrong way.
- JFB's role in the program
- Dean Weber's move out of the BAC
- Arguing with major contributors
- Treatment of John McDonnell and Dick Booth (In fairness, we have the best Women's Track Coach.  I like Buck)
- The constant wheeling dealing with hard working blue collar fans that spend all their disposable income on tickets and travel
- Sincerity, humility, and genuiness with former players, coaches, and donors.
- Not having hiring plans ready to go and making desparate "how will this look and insulate ME" decisions
_TAKING A CORPORATE EXECUTIVE MENTALITY (substitute useless, worthless, money black hole VP Administration in Higher Ed environment) instead of an OWNER MENTALITY (this is too rampant in society,  Bogle wrote a great book on this topic.)

porque

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 01:34:16 pm

Jim is not involved anymore.

WilsonHog

HoggyCat

Get over it.  Good lord.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2017, 03:42:41 pm
Get over it.  Good lord.
But wait, what traditions did Long destroy?  And you do understand that Arkansas football tickets are cheap, comparatively speaking?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 15, 2017, 01:31:03 pm
Tommy Tubberville.

Have a feeling as long as they hire a guy that's a fan of the dukes of hazzard he'll have your eternal devotion.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

OtterHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 15, 2017, 03:45:17 pm
Have a feeling as long as they hire a guy that’s a fan of the dukes of hazzard he’ll have your eternal devotion.

Killed me

jimhog

Some history and traditions shouldn't be incorporated in the AD, coach conversation.

jvanhorn

You are wasting your time with that line.  People in Arkansas bitch, bitch, bitch about taxes, but lots of people retire here because they can't believe how low the taxes are and  how cheap property is.

nationwish

Wait, is there someone that's going to seriously argue that the hog call isn't silly?

Still better than the wolf call, though.