Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EDSBS article on Bielema

Started by Karma, November 15, 2017, 12:58:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildturkey8

He is probably too good a person to be involved in this business.  I hope everything works out for him and Jen.

Arkiebrian

Drunk and fat = too good a person?

Hogwild

QuoteWest Virginia fans, you really should hate Jeff Long. Add him to the extremely long "People West Virginians Hate Ledger" at the next meeting y'all have.

What does the above quote mean?

wildturkey8

Quote from: Arkiebrian on November 15, 2017, 01:05:13 pm
It just didn't work out, he wasnt the one for the job.  Let's show a little class however hard that may be.

Hogsmo Kramer

For 4 mil a year you can make me look like a fried egg.

And I'm sure his lifestyle had nothing to do with his physical appearance. ::) Plenty of other HC's experience the same or more pressure and don't age like that.

He just doesn't take care of himself, plus he has a newborn which isn't exactly conducive to getting great sleep or rest.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

greenEGnHAWGS

Fat means you aren't a good person?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 15, 2017, 01:07:27 pm
It just didn't work out, he wasnt the one for the job. Let's show a little class however hard that may be.

Do you understand what you're asking?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

wildturkey8

Arkiebrian

His appearance is directly related to his unhealthy habits.  He's put on at least 80# since he got here.  What an example for the athletes he's supposed to recruit.

HognotinMemphis

"A kinder person wouldn't mention a narrow win over mediocre competition, because a win is a win is a win. We're not that person. This year also featured a one point win at home over Coastal Carolina. The Chanticleers prefaced this near-win by losing earlier in the season 52-10 to Western Illinois. Arkansas was almost out here handing out transitive road victories to directional whatevers from somewhere between Peoria and Keokuk in the year of our lord 2017."

Gold.

And he did not even mention that Arkansas State beat CC 51-17 a few weeks before Arkansas played them.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

STLhawg

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 15, 2017, 01:01:49 pm
He is probably too good a person to be involved in this business.  I hope everything works out for him and Jen.
Thanks for your opinion Arnie Bielema.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Karma on November 15, 2017, 12:58:54 pm
Pretty good, and pretty accurate.

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/11/15/16654992/bret-bielema-arkansas-athletic-director-fired-time-destroys-us-all

Spencer nails it as always. Bret made sense, he had a chance, it didn't work. Long being cast aside seems weird, but it's the writing on the wall for Bret.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Arkiebrian on November 15, 2017, 01:12:38 pm
His appearance is directly related to his unhealthy habits.  He's put on at least 80# since he got here.  What an example for the athletes he's supposed to recruit.

Calling someone who is overweight a bad person is just plain ignorant. Does it reflect his EATING HABITS? Sure! Has he been so stressed/depressed/humiliated that he has just let it go? Most likely.

But to say that HE'S NOT A GOOD PERSON is utterly ridiculous. And since when does a coaches weight have any bearing on a coaches ability? I don't see LSU giving a rats *** about Ed's weight. Are the Chiefs giving up on their coach cuz of his weight?

Just say you don't like him and move on.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The picture captions are superb.  Like a 60 year old Mike Foley fresh off a cage match.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

1highhog

I hope he and Jen and their daughter the best wherever that leads them, I wish that it would have worked out here for them because going through another coaching change just pushes things that much further in the distance.  I want every coach that comes here to succeed.  Unfortunately for him it didn't, I hope he takes time to spend with his family and take care of his health.

wildturkey8

Quote from: STLhawg on November 15, 2017, 01:15:01 pm
Thanks for your opinion Arnie Bielema.

Too much lead paint in St. Louis.

BearsBisonsBoars

If you can't be a good person and have vices, then "good person" is a meaningless phrase.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 1highhog on November 15, 2017, 01:20:15 pm
I hope he and Jen and their daughter the best wherever that leads them, I wish that it would have worked out here for them because going through another coaching change just pushes things that much further in the distance.  I want every coach that comes here to succeed.  Unfortunately for him it didn't, I hope he takes time to spend with his family and take care of his health.

I agree.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 15, 2017, 01:01:49 pm

Nice people don't throw kids under the bus like he has this season.  Bert is a flat out fraud and dummy Jeff Long took the hook and it cost him his job as well.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

solitons

Arkiebrian

Well he certainly isn't a good person merely because he is drunk and fat eh?

STLhawg

November 15, 2017, 01:36:07 pm #22 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:19:43 pm by STLhawg
Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 15, 2017, 01:20:23 pm
Too much lead paint in St. Louis.
No where that I have lived here has had any, but thanks for your concern Arnie!

I hope you are sending Barry Christmas cards every year, because he is the reason Bret got overpaid so much at Arkansas.  Sorry to say, it is now painfully obvious to everyone that Bret is not head coach material (at least for a P5 program that wants to win).

Arkiebrian

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 15, 2017, 01:22:03 pm
If you can't be a good person and have vices, then "good person" is a meaningless phrase.
Taking the Judge Roy Moore route on this?

Seminole Indian

IMO there are no bad guys here is just cold hard realty.

"There was enough time, and enough money, and it didn't work. That's fine. It happens, more often than not at places like Arkansas with smaller populations, unique geographical challenges, and vicious competition on all sides. "

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Killean

It's not like he's molesting children and running for the senate...
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

BoogaHog

Quote from: Killean on November 15, 2017, 01:45:53 pm
It's not like he's molesting children and running for the senate...

Thank God we are not like Alabama.  And I am an Alabaman, well technically.  God I hope we're not!

Paul

"Fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life, son" Dean Wormer

BearsBisonsBoars

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Paul on November 15, 2017, 02:02:05 pm
True, but fat, drunk, stupid and rich will get you by just fine.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Airforcehawg

Quote from: Hogwild on November 15, 2017, 01:06:31 pm

Pretty sure that Pitt (Longs school) beat West Virginia in the Rich Rod area to keep them out of the National Championship Game.   

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

HoggyCat

About the buyout mentioned.... they say $5.9M.... I was told it's actually the original number.... $15.4M. So Bielema may or may not be here next year. 

But either way, LONG WILL NOT!!!!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2017, 02:24:07 pm
About the buyout mentioned.... they say $5.9M.... I was told it's actually the original number.... $15.4M. So Bielema may or may not be here next year. 

But either way, LONG WILL NOT!!!!

If so, there are ducks in the local asian market that are less lame than he'll be.

Our recruiting will suffer.

buldozer

code red

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 15, 2017, 01:07:27 pm
It just didn't work out, he wasnt the one for the job.  Let's show a little class however hard that may be.
He is laughing all the way to the bank.  CBB is lazy his product on the field proves it.  He didn't do any of those kids favors this year, with his summer camp.  Our kids didn't look like SEC players because the weight program stinks.  I don't think we need to apologize when it obvious he has mailed this one in.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 15, 2017, 02:26:42 pm
If so, there are ducks in the local asian market that are less lame than he'll be.

Our recruiting will suffer.
He is not coming back.  The BOT would not have pulled the trigger on Long if they didn't have something on Bret.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Mr Jade

Arkansas can pony up the 15M or the 5M buyout. Either one.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: BJJHog on November 15, 2017, 01:58:32 pm
Thank God we are not like Alabama.  And I am an Alabaman, well technically.  God I hope we're not!
I guarantee you the ignorant people in AL will vote Roy Moore in the Senate :puke: :puke:

LAGNAF

Classless and Asshat = Arkiebrian?

STLhawg

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 15, 2017, 01:19:27 pm
But to say that HE'S NOT A GOOD PERSON is utterly ridiculous.
It is about as ridiculous as claiming someone is SUCH a good person (and implying the fans should owe him something) when you really don't even know him.

My beef with him isn't personal at all.  It is how he has made our football to be SO incredibly BAD -- all the while feeding the fans a bunch of BS to keep himself an overpaid employee.

I think a true "good person" coach would do what Oregon State's coach recently did -- still waiting for BB to do that.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogwild on November 15, 2017, 01:06:31 pm
he hired wanny and they beat undefeatd WV last week in November that year; with a .500~ team.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Arkiebrian

LAGNAF

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Arkiebrian on November 15, 2017, 01:12:38 pm

At least.   

But, I've put on a few during this time too. 

goneal

Quote from: Paul on November 15, 2017, 02:02:05 pm
\

BINGO!!!!!
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.