Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long to stay on CFB Committee

Started by BR, November 15, 2017, 12:55:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Jeff Long to stay on CFB Committee , just announced on ESPN College Sports radio..   Kirby Holcutt said it was a unanimous committee vote to keep Long on the Board.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hogwild

Have to figure that will have an adverse effect on our chances to make the playoffs this year.

SONofHAM

He didn't exactly get the position due to his AD success. 

He got the position because of his "integrity" move by crying on camera and firing Petrino.  The CFP needed a trustworthy person to tell the college football world why the rankings are the way they are each week. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Hogwild on November 15, 2017, 01:01:23 pm
Have to figure that will have an adverse effect on our chances to make the playoffs this year.

pure gold ...

NuttinItUp

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

bulldog04

I just spit sunflower seeds everywhere after reading that. Good one!

BroyledNutts

I think that's a great place for Jeffie to be ... makes him feel important, gives him something to do, doesn't have to hire or fire anyone, and he can't screw it up anymore than it already is. Congrats, Jeff. Enjoy your stay.

DeltaBoy

The Butt Kissing of Jeffery Integrity Long continues,.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: BR on November 15, 2017, 12:55:54 pm
Jeff Long to stay on CFB Committee , just announced on ESPN College Sports radio..   Kirby Holcutt said it was a unanimous committee vote to keep Long on the Board.
Makes sense to keep the committee intact since their work has started.

Maybe he will land a job somewhere else, which is fine with me.

GoPigs69

Why would it even require a vote by the committee?  That seems stupid to me.

Killean

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 15, 2017, 01:41:56 pm
The Butt Kissing of Jeffery Integrity Long continues,.

Integrity matters to some people.

Obviously not you.. but some people.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Calvin Swine

Best of luck to him. He did some good here and also made many upset.  He'll get a ton of cash for the firing and he's a smart guy, so he will be just fine. 

fusbal11

Awesome!!!!!!!
Wooo Pig

gustofwind

Well done!

DoctorSusscrofa

Many fans are just bad people. He's gone. But they still gotta kick him to prove they're manly.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Großer Kriegschwein

I want someone with integrity that can actually lure a good coach to our football program.
This is my non-signature signature.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Killean on November 15, 2017, 01:46:55 pm
Integrity matters to some people.

Obviously not you.. but some people.

But Long never had any.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

buldozer

Who cares if he stays in an unpaid position.... maybe he will start paying his own travel and expenses also. Looks like he will be able to afford it with his buyout

ShadowTheHedgehog

LOL

jgphillips3

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 15, 2017, 02:09:50 pm
Many fans are just bad people. He's gone. But they still gotta kick him to prove they're manly.

And some message board members may be severely butthurt that people they thought were untouchable were just as disliked by those in power as those on Hogville.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 15, 2017, 02:09:50 pm

Blows my mind.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 15, 2017, 02:23:42 pm
And some message board members may be severely butthurt that people they thought were untouchable were just as disliked by those in power as those on Hogville.

No. I don't care if he leaves. But I'm not a whiny, baby that has to treat an unsuccessful AD as if he's a demon just because he blew getting a successful coach. Some fans are horrible people.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Marshfieldhog

joeyself

Dude, I think you are in the running to win the Internet today with this one! :)

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Danimal

Very well played.

SemperHawg

Score!