Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz's release on Jeff Long

Started by WizardofhOgZ, November 15, 2017, 11:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

University of Arkansas Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz announced today that Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long will no longer serve in his position

"The decision to change leadership in our Athletics Department is not an easy one, and was made after great deliberation, discussion and thought, after consultation with the Board of Trustees and President Bobbitt," said Steinmetz. "Since coming to Fayetteville in 2008, Jeff has led our department with character and integrity and helped move us forward in so many ways. However, over the past year, Jeff has lost the support of many of our fans, alumni, key supporters, and members of the university leadership, support that I believe is critical in our pursuit of excellence. I want to thank Jeff for his commitment and service to our University and to the State of Arkansas and, on behalf of the Razorback Family, I want to wish Jeff and his family all of the best in the future."

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on November 15, 2017, 11:56:51 am
University of Arkansas Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz announced today that Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long will no longer serve in his position

"The decision to change leadership in our Athletics Department is not an easy one, and was made after great deliberation, discussion and thought, after consultation with the Board of Trustees and President Bobbitt," said Steinmetz. "Since coming to Fayetteville in 2008, Jeff has led our department with character and integrity and helped move us forward in so many ways. However, over the past year, Jeff has lost the support of many of our fans, alumni, key supporters, and members of the university leadership, support that I believe is critical in our pursuit of excellence. I want to thank Jeff for his commitment and service to our University and to the State of Arkansas and, on behalf of the Razorback Family, I want to wish Jeff and his family all of the best in the future."

Thanks for posting. Now we know, in a nutshell. Or I should say, now that those of us out-of-staters who don't have inside people know.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Ex-Trumpet

So, JL called their bluff, walks away looking like a saint--and $4.5M?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Cliff Notes  We are paying too much to win so little.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

zerose

<---This ol' blind hawg found another a-kern.

I'm gettin good at this prediction/leakin business.

;)
Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.

Michael D Huff AIA

Buyouts are going to cost us a lot over the next 4 years.

Long's $4 million and Bielema's $5.5 million.

I guess at this level of big-time college football that's not a lot of cash.