Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Schaap: Dismissed out of Convenience

Started by Next1_04, November 15, 2017, 10:39:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

huntindoc

Where is the evidence that his contract expires in 2022?  The recent amendment (which was the sixth one) did not extend it that long.  If his contract rolls over every year, why the 6 amendments to the original to extend it? 

My contract rolls over every 3 years but it requires me to sign a new contract every time.  Wouldn't there be a paper trail (there may be, I just haven't seen it here)

Athog

Quote from: smb on November 15, 2017, 11:32:11 am
He ruined Pitt and now Arkansas. Happy Trails and Dilly! Dilly!

I don't believe he ruined Arkansas! He did hire Petrino, Anderson and Bielma. He was told to fire Petrino with cause. He increased revnue and fund raising. His biggest failure was the current football state. So not all bad. I believe the basketball program is on the rise.

ricepig

Quote from: huntindoc on November 15, 2017, 12:20:31 pm
Where is the evidence that his contract expires in 2022?  The recent amendment (which was the sixth one) did not extend it that long.  If his contract rolls over every year, why the 6 amendments to the original to extend it? 

My contract rolls over every 3 years but it requires me to sign a new contract every time.  Wouldn't there be a paper trail (there may be, I just haven't seen it here)

There is, the Chancellor just confirmed it, haha.

RebelliousHog

What I've heard was that Long told them  that if BB goes, he goes. I have nothing to support that. Just repeated what I was told.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Paul

Quote from: Athog on November 15, 2017, 12:21:04 pm
I don't believe he ruined Arkansas! He did hire Petrino, Anderson and Bielma. He was told to fire Petrino with cause. He increased revnue and fund raising. His biggest failure was the current football state. So not all bad. I believe the basketball program is on the rise.
Yeah, I didn't necessarily want JL to leave but if he wasn't gonna make a change then he had to go.

jgphillips3

Quote from: HenduHog on November 15, 2017, 12:37:32 pm
What I've heard was that Long told them  that if BB goes, he goes. I have nothing to support that. Just repeated what I was told.

Good, then that saves us a lot of money since that is effectively either a resignation or directly disobeying the directives of your superiors and a justifiable termination.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2017, 10:45:18 am
what does that mean, " out of convenience "?

It means they thought that Long's continued employment represented a problem valued at more than $4.5M.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Cinco de Hogo

Wait a minute, Long fired Petrino for covering up an affair, why can't Long be fired for covering up BB's problem?

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 15, 2017, 01:12:35 pm
Wait a minute, Long fired Petrino for covering up an affair, why can't Long be fired for covering up BB's problem?

Because no one took notes, duh??

PorkSoda

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 15, 2017, 11:04:13 am
Shocked!  Not upset that it happened, but did not believe it would happen.
yeah, I didn't think they would actually get rid of Long, but guess he had a few more enemies within the BOT than I imagined.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

NaturalStateReb

Maybe covering up some other problem.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 01:15:05 pm
Because no one took notes, duh??

You mean no one scribbled on a notepad and called it a meeting?

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Godfather on November 15, 2017, 11:02:04 am
The cost of NOT fixing this and having an empty stadium and declining football revenue WAY outweighs this.

This.  it's a justifiable firing in my opinion.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Razorbackers

Or

bear with me

or

there's nothing to cover up?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 15, 2017, 10:39:39 am
Trey Tweeted- " Jeff Long was dismissed out of convenience so Arkansas will owe him $4.5 Million over the next 4 years"

No for Incompetents. The Football program in the ditch just like it was when he left PITT
!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.