Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long decisions to reverse: Artificial turf and slobbering Hog

Started by Rey Pygsterio, November 15, 2017, 10:28:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rey Pygsterio

Long caved in to Petrino demands to rip out the grass and install turf. Time to right that wrong.

Removal of the slobbering Hog in favor of "proper brand marks" was another big mistake. Hawg Ball is back. The one on the court should reflect it.

What are yours?
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

micali

NuttinItUp

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

rljjr

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Its time for a new hog. Take the current one and mix it with the slobberin hog. A bit of old school and new coming together to make something great
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

razorbrock

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on November 15, 2017, 10:28:52 am
Long caved into Petrino demands to rip out the grass and install turf. Time to right that wrong.

Removal of the slobbering Hog in favor of "proper brand marks" was another big mistake. Hawg Ball is back. The one on the court should reflect it.

What are yours?

ditto slobbering Hog, but i like the turf.  it is very practical, and a HC who favors speed and offense will prefer turf--like Petrino.  JMO
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

Pecos Hog

BroyledNutts

RSVP extorsion, parking pass extortion, tailgating extortion ...

Malvin

Stop messing with the brand and the team uniforms, if the Hog on the side of the helmet isn't enough to make the kid want to play here then we don't want the kid.  The colors are Cardinal Red and white, keep it that way.  Don't ever wear black again, it's stupid as sheit.

Take the sticker awards away on the helmet, stop rewarding players for achieving nothing on the field.  It's laughable that Kelly's entire helmet is full of stickers when he has only played in a few games as a freshman and only won 2 of them barley.

Little Lady Back

Long caved in to Petrino demands to rip out the grass and install turf. Time to right that wrong.

What are yours?

Bring back Slobbering Hog now!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 15, 2017, 10:29:41 am
COCA-COLA
that wasn't Long's decision.

But if Slobberin Hog isn't back for the beginning of 2018 season I'm going to be so mad.

Malvin

To add, stop with the donations and raping the fans of money to see a game.  A fan shouldn't have to have a trust fund setup just to afford to go to the games.  The games shouldn't just be for the rich, they should be accessible for a wide range of fans.

Fire whoever is responsible for concessions at the game, get somebody in that knows and understand the logistics of serving 70,000 fans basic needs such as water.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

fieldturf

Boy I hope they change that hog at BWA and when Gus gets here he tells them to get that natural grass back on that field..........

onebadrubi

Can the forward facing hog.  It is pathetic, I will always remember it on the front of BB left boob with his initials. 

NWAHog479

Please do away with that dumb "A" hand sign that Bert so much loves while we are at it and the forward facing Hog please

buldozer

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 15, 2017, 10:36:06 am
Hate the forward facing hog.  Makes me think of ASU.
I don't like it either and have never been told why it was changed. I hope the traditional Hog reemerges now.

hawg IQ

Over spending on n end construction, personal use of foundation plane and some undisclosed matters led to this.
go hogs go !

Malvin

buldozer

Quote from: NWAHog479 on November 15, 2017, 10:37:26 am
Please do away with that dumb "A" hand sign that Bert so much loves while we are at it and the forward facing Hog please
No one will even remember the gang sign A in a few months. You don't come to an SEC school playing football since 1894 and start a "tradition". What a freeking joke

cosmodrum

If the next AD puts Sloberring Hog back on the court, I'll give him a lifetime pass.
Go away, batin'

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rljjr

Allow baseball to wear their more traditional uniforms.
Bring back the passion for the Hogs and not the corporate culture JL inculcated.

tasteslikechicken

Quote from: NWAHog479 on November 15, 2017, 10:37:26 am

Nobody even does it right anyway. BAD!!!!!

goodguytex

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 15, 2017, 10:36:06 am
Hate the forward facing hog.  Makes me think of ASU.
This!! I hate that new one. And I have a cap, my favorite fitted one, with that on the back. Still hate the forward hog though

Locutus_of_Boar

Soonsor a bonfire to burn every variant of anthracite uniform in the locker room.

tasteslikechicken

Malvin

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 10:42:04 am
Time to bring back some great uni's!!

That uni should be worn every year, simple but looks totally bad ass.

geauxhawgs

Jeff Longs biggest failures:

1) Not doing whatever it took to keep LSU game in tact and in Little Rock
2) CBB
3) Never was in touch with the average fan and what we wanted
4) John L Smith
5) Coke
6) Divided the fan base with his holier than tho approach
7) Pumba Hog
8) Made it more about business than the state of Arkansas and the people.
9) Not being 100% truthful about academics for as much as he pushed it and sold it.
10) His marketing was awful. He never understood the big picture of Arkansas or the South.

I wish him the best of luck. Overall I think he's a good guy, but he needs to head back to the North.

Cinco de Hogo

Ugh! His decision to accept the AD job at The University of Arkansas!

Joe_Shmo

Move the students down on top of the court in basketball....it need to be loud as crap in BWA. 

geauxhawgs

Quote from: Malvin on November 15, 2017, 10:46:13 am
That uni should be worn every year, simple but looks totally bad ass.

Yep. That uniform is Arkansas and how we should be represented to the Nation. Sick and tired of these trendy designer uniforms. This is FOOTBALL IN THE SOUTH. Come on! Hopefully the next AD gets it right.

Woo Pig Y'all!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Malvin on November 15, 2017, 10:32:55 am
Stop messing with the brand and the team uniforms, if the Hog on the side of the helmet isn't enough to make the kid want to play here then we don't want the kid.  The colors are Cardinal Red and white, keep it that way.  Don't ever wear black again, it's stupid as sheit.

Take the sticker awards away on the helmet, stop rewarding players for achieving nothing on the field.  It's laughable that Kelly's entire helmet is full of stickers when he has only played in a few games as a freshman and only won 2 of them barley.

Yes, and let's stop referring to THE  University of Arkansas, as the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. According to the Demo-Zette that was a Long concoction as well, not the Demo-Zette's idea.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jmark

Quote from: Malvin on November 15, 2017, 10:32:55 am

and bring back the slobbering hog

WPS!
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

SquidBilly

The turf should be here to stay.  A lot of programs have gone that route, even the smaller schools.  Better aesthetically for the HD TVs and the UHD TVs and safer for the players.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

old_school_hawg

"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

old_school_hawg

This needs to happen over the Christmas break.....unveil it for SEC play!

"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

98hogs

What are yours?
Both of these!  And get rid of the  Wolf Howl Hog Call by the Cheer Squad

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 15, 2017, 10:37:09 am
Can the forward facing hog.  It is pathetic, I will always remember it on the front of BB left boob with his initials. 

I want a rear facing hog to look at after we run over people.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt