Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clay Travis: Don’t be shocked if BB will be on the sidelines next year

Started by checkraiser88, November 15, 2017, 10:27:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Sorry Clay, im gonna take a HARD pass on what you're selling here
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

rhames

That wasn't clay Travis. It was bill vickery

Justin called him clay to be funny.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Mo_Better_Hogs

So the Long news is creating false hope? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-oooooooo.

Big Nasty 34

We need to hire an AD asap or he might be right. If we don't have an AD in place quickly, we will miss out on all of the good coaching candidates I would say.

ncrzrbk

hog_fan

buldozer

I have 100% certainty that CBB will not be on the sidelines of any game I attend next year.... Because if he is there, I am not going! They better finish cleaning house or RRS will be empty.

TeufelHog

Buys the new AD time to hire Gus . . . or whomever is next.  Makes sense due to so many college teams looking to "fire and hire" this season.  Consider it a tactical delay.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

phadedhawg

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 15, 2017, 11:12:41 am
Buys the new AD time to hire Gus . . . or whomever is next.  Makes sense due to so many college teams looking to "fire and hire" this season.  Consider it a tactical delay.

No.   There is no scenario that having Bielema another year is acceptable. 

jcbville

Could they think Bret's Health problems are rehab worthy? And that he can be returned to his former quality? Jeff Long just wouldn't face the reality that he needed help and that something had to be done?

Hmmmmmmm

hoglady

Quote from: jcbville on November 15, 2017, 11:20:02 am
Could they think Bret's Health problems are rehab worthy? And that he can be returned to his former quality? Jeff Long just wouldn't face the reality that he needed help and that something had to be done?

Hmmmmmmm

He was never the quality we hoped he would be and he never will be - sober or not.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jm

hogsanity

I said weeks ago to someone who was wanting Long fired, if they do fire him soon, it may lead to BB getting another year because Ad searches take time, and it is going to be hard to hire a coach if he does not know who his boss is going to be.

Now, they may fire BB tomorrow for all I know, but historically AD searches take time, well beyond Dec or Jan.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lahawg1

Next1_04

What coach comes here not knowing who is boss is?

Makes sense for BB to be here next year.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

wildturkey8

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 15, 2017, 12:18:10 pm
What coach comes here not knowing who is boss is?

Makes sense for BB to be here next year.
You are very naive.

HoggieStyle

jcbville

If this happens Hogville will be, hands down, the most entertaining place on the internet. ;D

Next1_04

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorhead94

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2017, 11:55:54 am
I said weeks ago to someone who was wanting Long fired, if they do fire him soon, it may lead to BB getting another year because Ad searches take time, and it is going to be hard to hire a coach if he does not know who his boss is going to be.

Now, they may fire BB tomorrow for all I know, but historically AD searches take time, well beyond Dec or Jan.

The AD will not be finding/hiring the coach.  The UA will put someone in place to officially "make the move" however the new coach will be found by a committee.  Not having an AD has nothing to do with this particular situation.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

ipigsooie

Just seeing the title of this thread is ruining my day. Come on! Christmas came early and then this title has to piss on my parade.

HF#1

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 15, 2017, 12:20:30 pm
The AD will not be finding/hiring the coach.  The UA will put someone in place to officially "make the move" however the new coach will be found by a committee.  Not having an AD has nothing to do with this particular situation.

If you are correct, then they already have the new coach and AD ready to get on the plane. I'm not sure I know of anyone who would take a job not knowing who the boss is gonna be.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Next1_04

hogsanity

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 15, 2017, 12:20:30 pm

It may have something to do with who takes the job. Would you take a job not knowing who your boss was going to be?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogsanity

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 15, 2017, 12:55:07 pm
If no Ad by February, guarantees BB another year.

IF you are still waiting to hire/fire a coach in February, you ain't firing him until the following Dec.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jcbville on November 15, 2017, 11:20:02 am

Hmmmmmmm

Why do people constantly try to read the minds of people to determine crap like this?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

grayhawg

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 15, 2017, 12:55:07 pm
If no Ad by February, guarantees BB another year.
The interim AD can hire whomever she is told to hire.

rhames

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2017, 01:04:59 pm
IF you are still waiting to hire/fire a coach in February, you ain't firing him until the following Dec.

Truth

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

HF#1

island hog

There could easily be an interim AD as the Univ of Texas did that very thing...

factchecker

Our fanbase needs to realize that people like Travis write articles, tweet topics, and say stupid things to get people to click, listen, and/or watch.

You don't agree with the "stupidity" of a certain media member?  Don't give them attention.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

Quote from: grayhawg on November 15, 2017, 01:07:32 pm
The interim AD can hire whomever she is told to hire.

The party being hired may want to know who his permanent boss is going to be. That is why BP had a clause in his contract at UL that his buyout goes way down if Jurich is fired. Jurich is the guy who hired him.

A coach may not want to come here under the uncertainty of who the AD will be. Especially if that coach has other options.

STLhawg

hog.goblin

If CBB was going to be here in 2018, then Long would still be AD

10thPlanet

rhames

Quote from: factchecker on November 15, 2017, 01:10:42 pm
Our fanbase needs to realize that people like Travis write articles, tweet topics, and say stupid things to get people to click, listen, and/or watch.

You don't agree with the "stupidity" of a certain media member?  Don't give them attention.

While true, our fans need to just grasp basic facts of what they are even listening to. It was not Clay Travis that said this.

factchecker

Quote from: rhames on November 15, 2017, 01:12:35 pm

While true, our fans need to just grasp basic facts of what they are even listening to. It was Clay Travis that said this.

The won't.  They'll get pissed.  They'll reply. They'll make him money.

Rinse and repeat.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rhames

factchecker

Quote from: rhames on November 15, 2017, 01:19:18 pm
I meant it wasn't Clay Travis. He didn't say this.

I saw the topic and went into "Why do people care about what Clay Travis says" mode.

;)
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2017, 11:55:54 am

I'm hearing Bielema will be announced gone post Mississippi State game. Will be announced Sunday/Monday. We'll see. Per usual not sure if I'm buying it.

The only way any of this makes any sense especially combined with the Long firing is this thing has been in motion longer than we thought...and replacements are already in order.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rhames

Quote from: factchecker on November 15, 2017, 01:24:14 pm
I saw the topic and went into "Why do people care about what Clay Travis says" mode.

;)

Totally understand