Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey Jeff Long....

Started by Rustyhog, November 15, 2017, 10:19:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustyhog

THE CHEESE HAS MOVED!

Ask anyone that attended his first staff meeting and they will explain. I have a very good friend that was there that told me about it.

RME

So...why can't you explain?

Donny2665

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 15, 2017, 10:19:52 am
Quote from: Rustyhog on November 15, 2017, 10:19:21 am
THE CHEESE HAS MOVED!

Ask anyone that attended his first staff meeting and they will explain. I have a very good friend that was there that told me about it.

Yes, please explain!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

cosmodrum

THE CHEESE IS OLD AND MOLDY
Go away, batin'

RocknRollRazorback

"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

gustofwind

Probably referring to the book, "Who moved my cheese".  Actually a good short motivational read.  I could see him referencing the book and it be appropriate. 

buldozer

jcbville

Because its cooler to be message board mysterious. This gentleman wants to be a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

Tusks

had my new boss give me that book after merger.  I left.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ipigsooie

I had a job that did these stupid seminars. Basically its motivation for adjusting to change.  In essence, JL just had his cheese moved.

NWAHog479

Thank you for your service Jeff, on to the next one...

Rey Pygsterio

Have you guys ever had cheddar? Good stuff.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

CPO Hog

I cut cheese at a seminar once and everyone had to move.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

BearsBisonsBoars

Gah I thought that book was in my past. If he used that trite piece of crap, that's grounds for termination in and of itself.

Rustyhog

Jeff showed a video and lectured that the "Cheese Has Moved". Which is true, but the way he did it left a lot of people in the meeting thinking they were told they were all about to be fired. Which turned out true for most.

Basically he was an ass about it

DeltaBoy

Tar and Feather that Carpetbagger and ride him out on a RAIL!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Deep Shoat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese%3F
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Basically, anyone who has EVER been in any sort of leadership role has been forced to watch/read this at one time or another.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Rayzback

Thread title triggers several bad memories of the Bama cheer...  🤢
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 15, 2017, 10:55:28 am

Delta does NOT disappoint!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Großer Kriegschwein

You're the reason everyone thinks we're retarded
This is my non-signature signature.

RME

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 15, 2017, 11:01:44 am
Delta does NOT disappoint!

In fulfilling Arkansas stereotypes?

Yeah, you got that right.

(notOM)Rebel123

No Frito Pie is complete without cheese.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BoogaHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 15, 2017, 10:58:44 am
Basically, anyone who has EVER been in any sort of leadership role has been forced to watch/read this at one time or another.

TRUTH here :puke:

rzrbackramsfan

Today is national delta boy day

Mellon Collie

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 15, 2017, 11:02:10 am
You’re the reason everyone thinks we’re retarded

Come on let Delta have his day. But you're right btw
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: CPO Hog on November 15, 2017, 10:38:49 am
I cut cheese at a seminar once and everyone had to move.

Someone here said fart jokes were juvenile.

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

31to6

Yup.

Short version it is how executives tell employees: "Things are changing whether you like it or not. Adapt or die."

DeltaBoy

I been against Northern AD's every since they hired those Yankees at Ole Miss and within 3 years they got rid of Col Reb.
Regardless of what many believe;while we are fellow Americans, folks North of the Mason Dixon Line think different from us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hogfan98

DeltaBoy apparently has this picture hot-keyed.  How many times are you going to post it today?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 15, 2017, 01:56:13 pm
I been against Northern AD's every since they hired those Yankees at Ole Miss and within 3 years they got rid of Col Reb.
Regardless of what many believe;while we are fellow Americans, folks North of the Mason Dixon Line think different from us.

You're never gonna convince the yankees on this board of that!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 02:19:41 pm
You're never gonna convince the yankees on this board of that!!

Nope but I still try.

Jeff Longs ancestor

JOKERHOG

involves people that don't like change
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

BoogaHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 15, 2017, 02:34:14 pm
Nope but I still try.

Jeff Longs ancestor

HAAA! HA!  Goin' all Jed Clampett on 'em.  That's priceless...wiping away me tears  lol

RME

Man, our state has a long way to go.

That's pretty depressing.

hawg1221

This is such a cheesy thread.

Rustyhog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 10:28:19 am
had my new boss give me that book after merger.  I left.

Anytime a merger or new boss happens then cheese moves.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 15, 2017, 01:56:13 pm

They think differently enough not to have had slavery and winning the civil war. Sorry you don't like that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HawgWild

Did he talk about a "paradigm shift" as well?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 15, 2017, 03:21:51 pm
They think differently enough not to have had slavery and winning the civil war. Sorry you don't like that.

Because southern folks only think of slaves and the civil war.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HawgWild

Jeff Long was the speaker at one of the NLR Tip Off Club luncheons shortly after his hire. He was going through his resume and mentioned the Hogs recent NCAA championship in track. He said something about the track team "giving me my first national championship". Something about it sounded pretty egotistical to me at the time. I thought about it years later in a different context where I guess it was the first national championship won by a team with him being AD. I was probably right with my first reaction.

CareBear

Quote from: HawgWild on November 15, 2017, 05:38:52 pm
Jeff Long was the speaker at one of the NLR Tip Off Club luncheons shortly after his hire. He was going through his resume and mentioned the Hogs recent NCAA championship in track. He said something about the track team "giving me my first national championship". Something about it sounded pretty egotistical to me at the time. I thought about it years later in a different context where I guess it was the first national championship won by a team with him being AD. I was probably right with my first reaction.
I was once in a respiratory therapy program that had lost its previous director to cancer. The new guy was from out of state. The first day of class he bragged about how he was once of the most knowledgeable & respected respiratory therapy experts in the world... Yet he was teaching at NWACC. I ended up leaving the program & a year later having to testify in front of Senator Sue Madison b/c there had been some shady sh*t going on in the program. When someone is that much of a Narcissistic ass on day one it can definitely be a red flag. Not always a bad thing, but sometimes it is a sign of a serious personality disorder.

Delta, or you could think about it as we southerners think different than those northerners.  You keep giving them too much credit.  We think too.