Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the next AD?

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, November 15, 2017, 09:37:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawganatic

Quote from: Spektre on November 15, 2017, 10:29:42 am
He was the AD when Gus was the coach at Springdale if what I heard was accurate.

So AD of a high school qualifies him to run a multi-million dollar, major athletic department?

You're awesome...

TheShow

Quote from: soooieman on November 15, 2017, 10:02:31 am
Art Vandalay

Only if he can export out the turds and import in some winners!!!

Been10Hog

Roy Bacon

Quote from: verticalhog on November 15, 2017, 09:52:46 am
Terry Don Phillips turned 70 in August.  How old was Bobby Bowden when he was still coaching?  Dr. Phillips has plenty of gas in the tank to spend 3 to 5 years turning this thing around.

I agree ... We could and have done a lot worse .
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

BadHog

Quote from: jacobp on November 15, 2017, 09:38:37 am
Terry Don Phillips is almost 80 freaking years old

May have other health issues than just age
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BoogaHog

Sean Rochelle or Fitz Hill or TDP or TT.  Probably TT given his connections in CFB.  Think it is a pretty much done deal.  Do not be surprised to see TT preside over football ops and Rochelle brought in for all things mktg., promotional, and fundraising (Vice Chancellor)

Dark horse outsiders Eugene Smith or Ward Manuel, but that would get back to the Long type situation so those will not happen

NoogaHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 10:28:57 am
AD paid Long $1m, RF Executive Director pays $300,000ish.....

OK thanks
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

troyer37

Is there a way that we fire Long and some how BB still keeps his job?

TebowHater

Quote from: Hogman_33 on November 15, 2017, 10:21:05 am
Scott Varady who is the head of the Razorback Foundation is my choice. This is a guy who went to the UofA, then Georgetown Law School, and is an Arkansas native who knows what it means to be a Razorback.

Fully agree. Liked by everyone, no bigger Razorback. Does it the right way.

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 10:23:56 am
Well, he better not have been fudging any numbers since his group is the one selling them and putting out the sold numbers.

There is no chance in Hell he would fudge even a pennies digit.

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 10:28:57 am
AD paid Long $1m, RF Executive Director pays $300,000ish.....

I think RF is even lower than that. Job is definitely an upgrade. That said, is kind of a dumpster fire for whoever is brave enough to walk into it.

BoogaHog

Quote from: BJJHog on November 15, 2017, 10:43:37 am
Sean Rochelle or Fitz Hill or TDP or TT.  Probably TT given his connections in CFB.  Think it is a pretty much done deal.  Do not be surprised to see TT preside over football ops and Rochelle brought in for all things mktg., promotional, and fundraising (Vice Chancellor)

Dark horse outsiders Eugene Smith or Ward Manuel, but that would get back to the Long type situation so those will not happen

Never underestimate Dr. Steinmetz.  He pretends he does not know anything about football lol.  He KNOWS how to run the U of A and football's impact.  His demeanor cracks me up. 

hawganatic

So you rattle off six different names, but say TT is a done deal?  In other words, you have no idea...

hawganatic

Quote from: troyer37 on November 15, 2017, 10:46:00 am

Maybe if we wooo Barry Alvarez from Wisconsin.  Then BB might keep his job...

TebowHater

Gragg would also be a good choice. Varady or Gragg over Rochelle, in my opinion. Rochelle is a good guy but has too much ego in my experience, would be like Long 2.0, maybe worse

outlawhogeywells

go to the business world.   Get someone that ran a major corporation.  then let them hire athletic and marketing people.  My vote is for Kirk Thompson

NoogaHog

NoogaHog

jmark

i can see it being TT and JJ showing the ua how to make money
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

BoogaHog

Quote from: hawganatic on November 15, 2017, 10:46:35 am
So you rattle off six different names, but say TT is a done deal?  In other words, you have no idea...

EXACTLY.  Just get the feeling from some folks that it is a done deal...lol

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 15, 2017, 10:43:58 am
Derrick Gragg is the only name I've heard floated.

My major concern with Gragg is that he hired Frank Haith  as BB coach at Tulsa, even knowing all of the baggage surrounding him at Mizzou and Miami.  That is a major concern.

He also hired Phillip Montgomery, who was tied at the hip to Art Briles at both Baylor and Houston, and was at Baylor during all of the allegations that got Briles fired.

Not very encouraging to be honest.

Pig_Lebowski

Quote from: TheShow on November 15, 2017, 10:37:39 am
Only if he can export out the turds and import in some winners!!!
I thought he only dealed in latex?

BoogaHog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 15, 2017, 10:48:47 am
go to the business world.   Get someone that ran a major corporation.  then let them hire athletic and marketing people.  My vote is for Kirk Thompson

REX TILLERSON lol  no wait, he is a voice of sanity in the administration...just get the next clear'headed JFB.  Shouldn't be too hard, huh?

HogRealism

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 15, 2017, 10:03:23 am
He actually could have been a good AD if he would have stepped away from coaching here on good terms.
I would say that HDN is a higher probability than most here realize

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: troyer37 on November 15, 2017, 10:46:00 am

I'd say about 0% chance at this point.
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on November 15, 2017, 10:46:08 am
Fully agree. Liked by everyone, no bigger Razorback. Does it the right way.

There is no chance in Hell he would fudge even a pennies digit.

I think RF is even lower than that. Job is definitely an upgrade. That said, is kind of a dumpster fire for whoever is brave enough to walk into it.

I agree, which is why I find some humor in the "GSD2", the great suites sales debate.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HogRealism on November 15, 2017, 10:55:52 am

Both from Arkansas. Both passionate about the Hogs.

They supposedly kissed and made up.

I see Tuberville before Nutt though
This is my non-signature signature.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 15, 2017, 10:35:54 am
Derrick Gragg would be a great choice.

Was here from 2000-2006 as senior associate AD. Was AD at Eastern Michigan and now AD at Tulsa.

Probably the most realistic name mentioned in this thread.

BoogaHog

Hooter!!  Getcha some...getcha some...sorry, mods...just had too.  I'm all giddy because of the Long departure.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: hawganatic on November 15, 2017, 10:47:54 am
Maybe if we wooo Barry Alvarez from Wisconsin.  Then BB might keep his job...

Alvarez may be the only way to make Bielema leave without having to pay his buyout

jmark

if nutt's the ad, ...gus aint comin"
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Ironhawg

go hogues

Danny White at UCF would be a good hire, imo
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Spektre

Quote from: hawganatic on November 15, 2017, 10:37:19 am
So AD of a high school qualifies him to run a multi-million dollar, major athletic department?

You're awesome...

Did I say he was a spectacular choice? No. Did I say I supported it? No.

The guy said he couldn't run a team, much less a department. I was just saying he had ran a department before... and apparently a decent job of doing so considering who he had as his high school football coach.

Yay for you being an internet prick.

Spektre

I would say Tim Bowen from Memphis. Two quality coaching hires back to back, brought in Tubby Smith as a basketball coach. Memphis is on the rise. Snag him, and it also gives you ties to his current and former coach.

woo.pig

Wildhog

I don't think I could name ten AD's.  Don't know nearly enough to have an educated opinion on AD's.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TX HOG

Does Fitz Hill actually have a doctorate?

Supermark101

Hopefully Nutt, we deserve him. Maybe he can hire Brilles too.

NoogaHog

Quote from: TX HOG on November 15, 2017, 11:52:32 am

According to his wiki, he received his Ed.D. from UA in 1997.

TX HOG

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 15, 2017, 11:56:25 am
According to his wiki, he received his Ed.D. from UA in 1997.

Wow

tbhogfan

Yes, that's why he's called Dr. Fitz Hill.  :)  Sorry, couldn't resist.

He has his EdD from UA in Higher Education Leadership.

He would be great in the role of AD.
Go Hogs!

BoogaHog

Yes. Ed.D University of Arkansas, Higher Educational Leadership

Did wonders at ABC even though they had and have their financial issues.  His hires were great and he always made a point of accountability with his coaches and athletes.

NoogaHog

Quote from: BJJHog on November 15, 2017, 12:00:31 pm
Yes. Ed.D University of Arkansas, Higher Educational Leadership

Did wonders at ABC even though they had and have their financial issues.  His hires were great and he always made a point of accountability with his coaches and athletes.

Again I ask, does the fact that we are recruiting his son move the needle with the NCAA or SEC? Doesn't seem like it would, but I would want to be sure.

BoogaHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 15, 2017, 12:04:06 pm
Again I ask, does the fact that we are recruiting his son move the needle with the NCAA or SEC? Doesn't seem like it would, but I would want to be sure.

No NCAA regs that I see that intefere.  Especially given that it began way before consideration was given.  That, and there is a immediate familial relationship and connection existing (Hill is an alum and Dad).  Hope this helps.

Hugo Bezdek

Terry Don Phillips as interim AD makes sense. I can see him running the AD for a couple of years while grooming a replacement. How about Tim Horton as associate AD for football? He seems to have the support of some of our "key supporters", but he's never going to be the head football coach. I predict his future is in administration.

ipigsooie

The buzz mentioned the MissSt situation.  Their ad is their head baseball coach who is also a former MSU player. Mirrors the DVH situation. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 10:22:43 am
Sometimes you take one for the company, and Jerry could fund it, the Jerry Jones Endowment Athletic Director, haha.

Why don't we just put them out for advertising sale.. they could wear clothes with logo's and everytime they are on TV, they say " Valvoline is still the motor oil for all Razorbacks."

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

BroyledNutts

If Houston Nutt gets the job it would almost surely guarantee that the Gus Bus would stay in Auburn ... Nutt as Gus' boss again ... now that's good comedy.

After the Jeff experience, I would expect the next AD to be someone like Terry Don Phillips or Ken Hatfield - someone with Arkansas Football first mentality.

NoogaHog

I look at Tuberville as AD about the same as Gus as coach: Not anywhere near the top of my list, but better than what we have, and we could definitely do worse. So a milquetoast 6/10.