Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football Scoop now reporting

Started by porque, November 15, 2017, 09:18:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

seasonhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 15, 2017, 10:42:30 am
Are you kidding me? it's about football. that is what pays the Bills.the football program is the most important of all the programs. and long destroyed it. he had to go.just like coach B has to go. time for a fresh start.

Love letters....will only go so far.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: JOKERHOG on November 15, 2017, 09:48:27 am
As I have said for 5 years.  If you put on your big boy pants and fire a coach the caliber of BP (for any reason), you had better be able to back it up.  We have gone for the penthouse to the outhouse with his 2 football coach hires since then

This really seems to be the case.
This is my non-signature signature.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 15, 2017, 10:43:50 am
Bielema destroyed the football program.  Not Long.

Now if, as some have said here, Long absolutely refused to fire Bielema then I guess firing Long was the only thing they could do.
Long gave him the keys to the car and watched as he did everything in his power to total it
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

seasonhog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 15, 2017, 10:54:11 am
Long gave him the keys to the car and watched as he did everything in his power to total it

Not only the car...but the money vault....he turned out like most rich kids.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 15, 2017, 10:54:11 am
1.  Any reasonable person thought the Bielema hire was a decent choice.
2.  Every AD gives their new coach(es) the keys to the car.
3.  When, exactly, would you have fired Bielema?  Don't tell me, you never would have hired him right?

SquidBilly

November 15, 2017, 11:23:43 am #56 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:34:13 am by Bret Squealema
You tell enough powerful people to kiss your ring you'll end up getting your hand cut off.

hogsanity

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 15, 2017, 11:14:19 am
1.  Any reasonable person thought the Bielema hire was a decent choice.
2.  Every AD gives their new coach(es) the keys to the car.
3.  When, exactly, would you have fired Bielema?  Don't tell me, you never would have hired him right?

Exactly.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE