Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football Scoop now reporting

Started by porque, November 15, 2017, 09:18:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

porque

on Twitter that Long is out and will be announced today.

porque

First reported by Tyler THomason with KARK.  He was the reporter that was at the Board meeting tweeting about what Long was doing.

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

onebadrubi

Psssh Otterhog first reported it!  better sources

Marshfieldhog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

seasonhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 15, 2017, 09:21:51 am

So much for our sports media......doing there job.

porque

kodiakisland

O/U on new threads about Long out today?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

onebadrubi

Quote from: seasonhog on November 15, 2017, 09:24:15 am

So much for our sports media......doing there job.

They suck anyways!  They should have been asking BB difficult questions before the last game.  They were scared and lobbing him softballs.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 15, 2017, 09:25:58 am
They suck anyways!  They should have been asking BB difficult questions before the last game.  They were scared and lobbing him softballs.

yeah. lets gripe about that because................ it's so productive.
The rest of the frog.

jst01

Today is gonna be fun. May not work much...

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Grizzlyfan

Don't understand this move at all.  How many programs fire their AD because the football coach stinks?  And don't tell me about all of you that just KNEW the Bielema hire was bad.

Atlhogfan1

This season is becoming more entertaining than a 6-6 trip to the Texas Bowl. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hawginj

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 15, 2017, 09:31:11 am
Don't understand this move at all.  How many programs fire their AD because the football coach stinks?  And don't tell me about all of you that just KNEW the Bielema hire was bad.
there's got to be more to it than that.

(notOM)Rebel123

There just may be more to do it than just a stinky football coach...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

3kgthog

Read a little more around here. Some have said there's more to it than wins and losses.

Michael D Huff AIA

Atlhogfan1

It's Arkansas.  Power and access was wanted back. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 15, 2017, 09:41:17 am
It's Arkansas.  Power and access was wanted back. 

He wasn't going to fire Bielema, simple as that.

grayhawg

I doubt that's the reason, maybe the GOBN is back in power.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ironhawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 09:42:08 am

This makes the most sense for it to have happened as quickly as it did.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: grayhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:42:44 am
I fear you are correct.  And that won't end well.  It never does.

Ex-Trumpet

There's way more tentacles than that and you know it.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:43:38 am
This makes the most sense for it to have happened as quickly as it did.

Agreed.  The simple fact that he wanted to keep our loser coach is definitely a firing offense.

Hoggie17

rzrbk4life

What's your take on this rice? I know you have more connections than most of us on here. I really thought CBB would be gone and Long would still be here next year. Why do you think Long wasn't for firing CBB?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on November 15, 2017, 09:33:28 am
I'll take the over.

Get ready for plenty of "hey, we landed on the moon", etc. quotes.

JOKERHOG

As I have said for 5 years.  If you put on your big boy pants and fire a coach the caliber of BP (for any reason), you had better be able to back it up.  We have gone for the penthouse to the outhouse with his 2 football coach hires since then
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

AirWarren

HuntsvilleHawgFan

Just heard an announcement over the radio that Jeff Long is no longer associated with the University of Arkansas.

NuttinItUp

If you choose to go all crazy-conspiracy-theory, then you can believe the reports that Gus reached out and wants to come, but he stipulated that Long had to go first.

Of course, I have my doubts about those reports.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 15, 2017, 09:47:41 am
Get ready for plenty of "hey, we landed on the moon", etc. quotes.

"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no!!"

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbk4life on November 15, 2017, 09:47:10 am
What's your take on this rice? I know you have more connections than most of us on here. I really thought CBB would be gone and Long would still be here next year. Why do you think Long wasn't for firing CBB?
I don't know, I said at the beginning of the year that I was told he was giving him 6 years, now, that was assuming we went 8-4, 7-5 at worst. Of course this shitz storm of a season has occurred, and the PTB wanted him fired, I think he dug in his heals.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 15, 2017, 09:50:33 am
If you choose to go all crazy-conspiracy-theory, then you can believe the reports that Gus reached out and wants to come, but he stipulated that Long had to go first.

Of course, I have my doubts about those reports.

I would think if that was true then the PTB had better have a signed contract in hand from Gus

HogPharmer

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 15, 2017, 09:21:51 am

Pretty HiM predicted this back in 2003... Check his posts...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbk4life on November 15, 2017, 09:54:17 am
I would think if that was true then the PTB had better have a signed contract in hand from Gus

In blood.......

Pig in the Pokey

Maybe you should do a little digging.

Nebraska just did what you described, but Arkansas didnt. Fatty was gone either way. Long pissed off too many people, cost the school too many millions, and was an arrogant ass to too many heavies.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Does the Alabama media suck? They get scolded for asking Saban if he's considering playing the backup QB. A reporter wore a blue hat to Petrino press conference and got run out of town. Fans want the media to suck up to the coaches until they don't want that anymore.

majp51

My problem with the local crew isn't that they won't directly challenge the HC or AD, after all that is dangerous for your career if you lack enough evidence. NO my problem is they won't seem to even ask probative questions that on their face aren't much better than softballs, but allow for questions to be raised elsewhere. Sports Media in Arkansas is like Pravda in Russia, or they make their disdain for the University so abundantly clear that they are ignored altogether, essentially nothing in the middle.

texas tush hog

Quote from: grayhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:42:44 am

Here, here, Dilly, Dilly, we're back.

Grizzlyfan

So to go a step further with the "Bielema is a drunk" rumor.  What happens if you try to fire an alcoholic?

snoblind

It wasn't about BB win/loss record. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: HuntsvilleHawgFan on November 15, 2017, 09:50:28 am
Just heard an announcement over the radio that Jeff Long is no longer associated with the University of Arkansas.
I just got home and got online. and all i can say is WOW!Jeff Long is out.and that is great news in my opinion.need a fresh start.

forrest city joe

Are you kidding me? it's about football. that is what pays the Bills.the football program is the most important of all the programs. and long destroyed it. he had to go.just like coach B has to go. time for a fresh start.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 15, 2017, 10:42:30 am
Are you kidding me? it's about football. that is what pays the Bills.the football program is the most important of all the programs. and long destroyed it. he had to go.just like coach B has to go. time for a fresh start.
Bielema destroyed the football program.  Not Long.

Now if, as some have said here, Long absolutely refused to fire Bielema then I guess firing Long was the only thing they could do.