Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The March 2017 team would beat our current team by 20+ easy

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 04, 2017, 11:52:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

November 04, 2017, 11:52:56 am Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:49:10 pm by The_Bionic_Pig
It may sound weird because 2 of the 5 starters are still on the current roster but their are so many new moving parts that are still on the court thinking instead of being impulsive with the execution of Defense to Offense.

We won the last 2 games by overwhelming our opponents with pure talent while they erased big leads by executing.

Imagine if Arkansas had played the University of the Ozarks last night and we won by 50. This team doesn't grow or learn anything about itself.

Well #5 Kentucky turned the ball over 15 times last night against Division III Centre College (same Division as the University of the Ozarks - Eagles) the Colonials finished 14-11 last season.

CONTINUITY and a full roster are two things this team is devoid of.  The maturation of the freshmen will determine the difference between high seed or top 25 ranking come late February.

Imagine this, next season we lose our top 2 scorers & 6 Senior's total.......but we will be even more loaded.

If we lose games....we just lose games but if we're improving each game I can easily live happily with early season defeats because it WILL PAY OFF come SEC play.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pinto

Last years team was pretty bad at the start of the season and we definitely had some embarrassing moments during the season as well. This team will be fine once we get everybody on the court and more game time chemistry. This team would def beat last years team at this point of the season

hobhog

Quote from: Pinto on November 04, 2017, 12:22:53 pm
Last years team was pretty bad at the start of the season and we definitely had some embarrassing moments during the season as well. This team will be fine once we get everybody on the court and more game time chemistry. This team would def beat last years team at this point of the season

Wow.

This team is no where near where last years team was at this point. We have way too many question marks and zero depth.

Pinto

Quote from: hobhog on November 04, 2017, 01:20:07 pm

Wow.

This team is no where near where last years team was at this point. We have way too many question marks and zero depth.

Where were we last year at this point? Lol

azhog10

Quote from: Pinto on November 04, 2017, 12:22:53 pm
Agreed!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hobhog on November 04, 2017, 01:20:07 pm

Wow.

dude we barely beat Fort Wayne by 10 last year first game..then had to come back from 18 down to beat UT Arlington...then lost to Minnesota bad..so you're telling me we started off good??
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The_Iceman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 04, 2017, 07:46:02 pm
dude we barely beat Fort Wayne by 10 last year first game..then had to come back from 18 down to beat UT Arlington...then lost to Minnesota bad..so you're telling me we started off good??

Oh, how people forget.

Pinto

ShadowHawg

The March 2017 team would have destroyed the December 2016 team.

BannerMountainMan

The March 2018 team will destroy the December 2017 team
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Pinto

The December 2008 team would destroy the March 2017 team 😅

ShadowHawg

hog of steele

Seems normal. This years team will be better in March too.

BannerMountainMan

This will be better with 2 more players that are in timeout right now, a lot better, because Bailey is not ready and you see how much it hurt us in 2016 with Miles

HAM ELLIOT

jackflash

The_Iceman

Once Jones and Bailey get used to playing major minutes, we will see this team improve.

Fan701

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 06, 2017, 06:05:43 am
Once Jones and Bailey get used to playing major minutes, we will see this team improve.
That needs to happen really fast or we're going to have trouble this weekend against two pretty good teams.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 06, 2017, 06:05:43 am

Quote from: Fan701 on November 06, 2017, 07:35:05 am
That needs to happen really fast or we're going to have trouble this weekend against two pretty good teams.

Hogs up! Covid down!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Fan701 on November 06, 2017, 07:35:05 am

This team has potential to be good, but a lot of things needed to fall into place. Thomas and Garland have been the exact opposite of that.

MountieDawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 04, 2017, 11:52:56 am
It may sound weird because 2 of the 5 starters are still on the current roster but their are so many new moving parts that are still on the court thinking instead of being impulsive with the execution of Defense to Offense.

We won the last 2 games by overwhelming our opponents with pure talent while they erased big leads by executing.

Imagine if Arkansas had played the University of the Ozarks last night and we won by 50. This team doesn't grow or learn anything about itself.

Well #5 Kentucky turned the ball over 15 times last night against Division III Centre College (same Division as the University of the Ozarks - Eagles) the Colonials finished 14-11 last season.

CONTINUITY and a full roster are two things this team is devoid of.  The maturation of the freshmen will determine the difference between high seed or top 25 ranking come late February.

Imagine this, next season we lose our top 2 scorers & 6 Senior's total.......but we will be even more loaded.

If we lose games....we just lose games but if we're improving each game I can easily live happily with early season defeats because it WILL PAY OFF come SEC play.

So you are saying a Div II Missouri Western team from last year in the great MIAA conference is a great test for the Hogs, comparable to playing Duke or N Carolina?  Missouri Western did have a 9 game losing streak to end the MIAA conf play last year! 
SEC!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 06, 2017, 07:46:50 pm
So you are saying a Div II Missouri Western team from last year in the great MIAA conference is a great test for the Hogs, comparable to playing Duke or N Carolina?  Missouri Western did have a 9 game losing streak to end the MIAA conf play last year!

You make a valid point.  Certainly not a well oiled machine at the outset. 
Hogs up! Covid down!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 06, 2017, 07:46:50 pm

I watched the last game your cats played. May not be a fun year for you. No high energy guys and I never thought I would see a worse man to man d than I saw from the Hogs last year, then I saw your team this year.

Good luck

hawgdavis

BadHog

I can't believe we have a thread on this topic.

Pure hypothetical bs!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."