Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st half

Started by labb, October 27, 2017, 07:54:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

labb

Ark 45 them 35

Barford 15 pts, Macon 10 pts., Beard 7 pts., Jones 5 pts,

Gafford 1 pts., 3 reb., 2 fouls and 2 to.

rusvegashog

Thank you. 2017-2018 SEC player of the year Jaylen Barford. Put a stamp on it!

azhog10

Macon and Barford did their thing. Beard was awful. 13 shots and 12 points. Thomas and Hall being out hurt the depth of this team. Not worried about the score. That's a really good D2 Team and Michigan State beat a D2 team by 8 last night. Az State won by 2 in 2OT to another D2 school. So the game being competitive doesn't bother me and isn't abnormal.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: azhog10 on October 27, 2017, 08:54:06 pm
Macon and Barford did their thing. Beard was awful. 13 shots and 12 points. Thomas and Hall being out hurt the depth of this team. Not worried about the score. That's a really good D2 Team and Michigan State beat a D2 team by 8 last night. Az State won by 2 in 2OT to another D2 school. So the game being competitive doesn't bother me and isn't abnormal.

agree.  by the stats not a great showing but its too early to panic.  looks like cj turned it over too much.

TexArkHogFan

Final 78-66 Arkansas.  Macon with 23 and Barford with 19.  Beard missed so many shots I quit counting.  Gafford not bad for a first game.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

sshawg

Beard 3 for 13 with no rebounds. Don't know how many turnovers.  Really can't understand why he's out there at the end ( unless for free throw shooting )

azhog10

Quote from: sshawg on October 27, 2017, 08:59:03 pm
Beard 3 for 13 with no rebounds. Don't know how many turnovers.  Really can't understand why he's out there at the end ( unless for free throw shooting )
Simple answer, CJ has turnover issues and weaker defensively. Add to that we had Hall out and Garland isn't cleared to play.

azhog10

Gabe played 1 minute with a short bench. I don't see him playing this year and could be a transfer candidate.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: sshawg on October 27, 2017, 08:59:03 pm

13 shots. I waa talking to my friend today and said I wonder will Beard embrace being a point guard or will he try to be a undersized 2 again. It's only one game but in his head he's a scoring two guard.
We need Hall healthy and in the first 5.