Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Painful Losses

Started by toxichog, September 23, 2017, 03:35:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

toxichog

I will always be one.......but being an Arkansas fan is almost like a punishment.  Not because we lose games, everybody does........but nobody could possibly experience as many gut wrenching defeats as a Pig fan.
.......and please don't think it's a Bret Beilema thing.......we've been doing this since at least 1969.  Sometimes I think it would be easier if we totally sucked and got blown out all the time.  But we win just enough to keep you in.........and play games to overtime against teams with more talent........just so we all get our guts ripped out in the end. 

Torqued pork

Quote from: toxichog on September 23, 2017, 03:35:15 pm
I will always be one.......but being an Arkansas fan is almost like a punishment.  Not because we lose games, everybody does........but nobody could possibly experience as many gut wrenching defeats as a Pig fan.
.......and please don't think it's a Bret Beilema thing.......we've been doing this since at least 1969.  Sometimes I think it would be easier if we totally sucked and got blown out all the time.  But we win just enough to keep you in.........and play games to overtime against teams with more talent........just so we all get our guts ripped out in the end. 

Today wasn't gut-wrenching. It was like watching Groundhog Day again. I've become numb to it.

hawgrunner

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 23, 2017, 03:41:20 pm
Today wasn't gut-wrenching. It was like watching Groundhog Day again. I've become numb to it.

I wish I could say the same.

Tripod1

Been suffering with these feelings since the SWC days.  Now in my "advanced" years I find Hallmark movies more enjoyable.  At least it leaves you with a good feeling at the end. Their movies are just as predictable as Hog games.

Iwastherein1969

Pink Floyd says it all in "Comfortably Numb"....4 years ago when Skipper leg whipped an Aggy DL to lose the game I threw three Smuckers jelly jars through the window...today ?  I just walked into the kitchen and made me an egg/bacon sandwich.  As long as we recruit this type of talent, this is the result we'll get. We might be favored over Mizzou, maybe, but we wouldn't be favored to beat any other SEC team....that puts us as tied for the worst team in the SEC.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.