Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't kick to C. Kirk, kick it out of bounds on the 20 and give them the 35 yd L

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, September 23, 2017, 03:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkiesAtNightHog

This is special teams coaching 101 when you don't have a kicker who can put it deep in the end zone.  Don't let a future NFL player like Kirk beat you!  Sacrifice the 10 yards and make them drive from the 35 with just a few minutes left.  Then later after scoring you execute a horrible Squibb kick!  Sad to say, but when you execute like this you do not deserve to win.

Atlhogfan1

His first return was way too close.  So [CENSORED] stupid to kick to him again.

Good adjustment by AM getting him in position to return our kicks. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TebowHater

They would have just kept electing to back us up 5 yards and re-kick. Not a viable strategy in that situation.

Agree we should not have kicked to him, but cannot kick out of bounds.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

zebradynasty

Never understood why not kick it to the other side if you wasn't going to kick it out of bounds! We KNOW that kid is dangerous!! 

PORKULATOR

As soon as he kicked at I went, "what the heck are you doing"...  it was a miserable moment for me & for all. It seems like we WANT to lose to them.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.