Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pay him now to avoid real disaster

Started by jst01, September 23, 2017, 03:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jst01

You have to pay him the money and send him packing. A year of awful negative vibes will hurt the fan base and recruiting more than it would to keep him. You may lose some recruits but who really has faith they were going to come to fruition?

The negativity is about to get nasty and watching a year of a train wreck would be worse than cutting bait and trying to find a leader to start next year off right. New stadium. New leader. New offensive key guys. Pay him the money and end it now.

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: jst01 on September 23, 2017, 03:04:30 pm
You have to pay him the money and send him packing. A year of awful negative vibes will hurt the fan base and recruiting more than it would to keep him. You may lose some recruits but who really has faith they were going to come to fruition?

The negativity is about to get nasty and watching a year of a train wreck would be worse than cutting bait and trying to find a leader to start next year off right. New stadium. New leader. New offensive key guys. Pay him the money and end it now.

I agree. 

moses_007

Get him gone and make Enos the head coach. 

alohawg

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 03:07:30 pm
Get him gone and make Enos the head coach. 

The thing is, these nationally televised loses are likely having long-term negative impacts.
Long and Bielema both need to go asap.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jst01

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 23, 2017, 03:08:32 pm
Not going to lose many recruits this year anyway. Most are Arkansas kids and total is only at 11 rn

Even better. By August 2018 the fan base could be totally positive if they admitte it's a bad deal and moved on right now.

Ex-Trumpet

Going forward how does this staff even recruit?  Every HS senior knows he will be playing for Bert for one year max.  And maybe not even that.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Jimbob111

Had Long canned Smiley when it was time, the future could have been started then and there. Instead, he finished the season and wasted months when recruits could have seen that Arkansas was planning a rebuild. Instead, they saw the AD sticking with a terrible coach who was apparently senile. Even 17 year old kids can see something like that.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

jst01

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 23, 2017, 03:12:02 pm
Going forward how does this staff even recruit?  Every HS senior knows he will be playing for Bert for one year max.  And maybe not even that.

Exactly. The buyout is a sunk cost. Can't make future decisions based on that. This is about the next five years.

Hawghiggs

Long needs to be fired tomorrow. Spend the rest of the season looking for a new AD. Then after the season let CBB go.

majp51

I don't know. That really only makes sense if you believe that JLS failed because CBP's recuiting is so <meh> that it only works with him at coach.

Otherwise firing someone Mid Year doesn't really work. Shoot, you honestly aught to help telling CBB he has a shot to keep his job, even if you plan to fire him the day after the MO game. Why? Cause if there is one thing that Arkasnas cannot afford is for the Coaches start mialing it in on recruiting.

I'm not saying you keep CBB, only that you pretend to until you can pull the trigger.

jst01

Quote from: majp51 on September 23, 2017, 03:19:33 pm
I don't know. That really only makes sense if you believe that JLS failed because CBP's recuiting is so <meh> that it only works with him at coach.

Otherwise firing someone Mid Year doesn't really work. Shoot, you honestly aught to help telling CBB he has a shot to keep his job, even if you plan to fire him the day after the MO game. Why? Cause if there is one thing that Arkasnas cannot afford is for the Coaches start mialing it in on recruiting.

I'm not saying you keep CBB, only that you pretend to until you can pull the trigger.

Why you fire him now. Let recruits know that there will be a new coach. Hire that new coach the day after his last game and get to recruiting. The next 9 games and the reactions to those will hurt way more

jst01

And I honestly believe that someone else could have a decent year next year with the young talent and the way the schedule sets up . CK, Hayden, Jordan Jones, Nance. They need new leadership.

hawgmasta

I've heard some national pundits saying that because of the early signing period the schools that cut bait in the season have a better chance of landing a guy right after the season ends and still have time to recruit.