Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was that not the most Arkansas way to lose?

Started by bigpigpimpin, September 23, 2017, 02:52:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Razor1997

Two touchdown lead? Check.
Fat Bert on the sideline? Check.
Texas A&M? Check.
Loss in overtime? Check.
Stuck with this fat sack of crap for the next two years anyway? Check!

jst01

Deja vu for sure. Home games are gonna be lucky to get 60k from here on out.

jcharkansas

JOKERHOG

insanity - watching BB do the same thing year after year against aggies and expecting new result
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

ICEman

Quote from: jst01 on September 23, 2017, 02:55:22 pm
Deja vu for sure. Home games are gonna be lucky to get 60k from here on out.
I've got better things to do with my weekend.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

lilredheadedlady

I haven't bought Hog merch or gone to the games in two years. 

If you want to send a message, keep your money in your pockets.  It's the only way.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

jst01

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on September 23, 2017, 02:57:33 pm

If you want to send a message, keep your money in your pockets.  It's the only way.

Yep. I already turned down 4 Miss St tickets bc I didn't wanna to go watch a throttling. Sad stuff bc game nights used to be a thing to really look forward to

hobhog

I thought the pooch kick was a nice touch. That was a new bad decision....

Bacons Rebellion

Living in Virginia, we were going to drive down to USCE for the game, but there's no reason to waste a weekend driving when we know fairly precisely what will happen. It's only the details that are in question.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: ICEman on September 23, 2017, 02:57:14 pm
I’ve got better things to do with my weekend.
At least the whitetails have team speed :D
Do you wanna get Rocked?

BigSexyHog

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2017, 03:02:30 pm

If they would have kicked deep you would have [CENSORED] about it as well.  So just shut up
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on September 23, 2017, 02:57:33 pm

On that note, I live in Dallas, the home of more Aggie fans than anywhere. And I own about 6-7 Razorback t-shirts and about that many caps. My 3 kids have multiple Hog apparel items.

I am sorry to say I'm embarrassed to wear them out and be seen. It's not at all because people will think "boy, you guys suck." It's because we're pathetic and i think people are feeling sorry for us.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

BassinHawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 23, 2017, 02:52:46 pm
I mean it's almost comical at this point

Got to laugh at this point, too late to be mad or cry about it because it won't do any good.

This game fit the blueprint, mold, design, plan or whatever you want to call it. Gonna be a long year so everyone might as well settle in for the fun and laughs.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

carolinahogger

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 23, 2017, 03:02:38 pm
Living in Virginia, we were going to drive down to USCE for the game, but there's no reason to waste a weekend driving when we know fairly precisely what will happen. It's only the details that are in question.

I'm in North Carolina and I will not make the trip. 

Rayzback

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2017, 03:02:30 pm

Corkscrewed the pooch.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 23, 2017, 03:08:59 pm
On that note, I live in Dallas, the home of more Aggie fans than anywhere. And I own about 6-7 Razorback t-shirts and about that many caps. My 3 kids have multiple Hog apparel items.

I am sorry to say I'm embarrassed to wear them out and be seen. It's not at all because people will think "boy, you guys suck." It's because we're pathetic and i think people are feeling sorry for us.

If it were just a down year, I'm fine with it.  But our program is a literal joke.  And until something is done to start rectifying the matter, I won't put my money towards this mess.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

alohawg

Wisky fans laughing as Arkansas fans become fans of Whiskey.....and Bret, worst that can happen is a vacation and 15 million reasons to smile.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hobhog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 23, 2017, 03:08:59 pm

Good grief get a hold of yourself....

HognotinMemphis

If ref hadn't screwed them on QB's TD run, game would have never gone to OT.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

phadedhawg

Austin Allen made some plays in the 4th quarter, I started to believe for a moment.  Reality came crashing back down. 

I'm not too bothered about it.  Apathy now!

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteApathy now!

I've heard that withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy.

I guess that means we keep watching them?
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

HR Piganstuff

I have been a die hard Razorback fan for 50 years. Today it became clear to me why my father (Rest his soul) stopped watching the Razorbacks somewhere around the early 80's (having been a fan for around 50 years at that time) swearing he would never watch them again. I always told him to hang in there it would come around. But I have to say he had it figured out. I have always submitted myself the torture of being a Hog fan - I suppose it takes a special breed to hang in. I have no intention of being a fickle fan, I have just come to understand after 50 years that we are what we are. Kinda like the little girl that carried a sardine around in her pocket - She wanted to smell like the big girls...

LRHawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 23, 2017, 03:40:57 pm
If ref hadn't screwed them on QB's TD run, game would have never gone to OT.

Zebras were awful. No consistency in calls.

The_Iceman

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2017, 03:38:03 pm
Good grief get a hold of yourself....

Sorry if that was too much for you. I'm just playing to the Hogville audience.

As for the theme of "an ARKANSAS way to lose"... here's why that fits to me. Just look at the last 2 catastrophic plays on the 2 overtime series—

-A pass interference penalty called on us. And I'm sure many people would say it was the right call, even though the pass was bounced at the receiver's feet. Other teams do not get that called on them on a pass like that. But Arkansas draws the flag and gives their O new life. Penalties happen, but we find a way for them to cost us games—A&M in 2014, Toledo in 2015, the list is long.

-Throwing a pick into heavy coverage, to end the game. It wasn't a good pass where a DB made a spectacular play taking the ball away. No, it was a ball thrown into triple coverage. In fact I question the throw even if 2 of the 3 Ag guys weren't there. The play was worse to me because it was a mental mistake, not simply getting beat on the field. And, the fact this wasn't a 4th down play, where desperation was all that was left.

That is quite a one-two Arkansas punch all right.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork