Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defense and Confidence

Started by RedRazorHog, September 23, 2017, 12:11:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRazorHog

Our Defense seems considerably better.  This is what the 3-4 is supposed to do, we are limiting their ability to run, and our secondary appears to be in contain posture.  We had the one busted play on defense that gave up that touchdown, but otherwise we look sound.  You can see evidence of solid tape sessions, and also people being able to play faster.

Confidence can come from this game.  If we can maintain what we are doing and not have a second half collapse, our team could be on the road to building confidence...which really matters.

"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

RedRazorHog

well.... there's another busted coverage/blown assignment and the guy goes 90 yards.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Oklahawg

The issue is simple - it only takes one player whiffing on their assignment for a big play to happen vs quality opponents.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig Worshipper

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

DoctorSusscrofa

More big plays. We get sacked and they get 50+ yards on one play.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

GunnerHawg70

Al Boarland

Remember when everyone was talking about that attacking D we would have. That's not at all what the scheme is doing. We are just trying to prevent as many big plays as possible.

DoctorSusscrofa

Really unhappy with the defense right now. Should be 21-0. Every score by A&M has been due to bad plays.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton