Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Ain't Alone

Started by hoghiker, September 22, 2017, 11:37:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ICEman

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on September 22, 2017, 11:47:26 am
Yes he did, and lost to the seafood bandit.
He was a Publix Offender.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DLUXHOG

September 22, 2017, 09:28:07 pm #52 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:36:34 pm by DLUXHOG
Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 22, 2017, 06:52:31 pm
Yes he did.  He lost though.

Thanks for the redundant (for like the 3rd time) post...   good grief, many of you must be high, stoned, or drunk....(could be retardation I guess)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 09:28:07 pm
Thanks for the redundant (for like the 3rd time) post...   good grief, many of you must be high, stoned, or drunk....(could be retardation I guess)

You are welcome.  By the way he took them to the NC, but lost.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 22, 2017, 12:09:39 pm
It's literally the Saban Effect (if that's a thing now).  The SEC minus Bama is looking vulnerable and any team can lose that game that everyone picks them to win.  Bama has literally cornered the market and shows no sign of slowing down.  Until the other teams can recruit players that are by size standards GROWN MEN, the rest of the SEC will continue to seem pedestrian or beatable to the CFB Nation. 

If MSU loses to UGA then it's a wrap for the Bulldogs and all the hype around Vandy will 99.9% end this weekend.  Here's to the Hogs winning and making it interesting going forward...
OSU, Michigan, OU etc... They are all asking recruits why they want to go to any SEC team, besides Bama, and lose every year...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Al Boarland

Quote from: hogsanity on September 22, 2017, 03:26:56 pm
So what do you do, go out and hire some no body for 2mil? There are not a lot of coaches out there winning 10+ every year so not a lot of coaches worth 10+ win money.

You hire someone and structure their deal, so you are not overly exposed and give him 4 years. You will have a good idea if he can get the job done by the play on the field and on the recruiting trail.

buldozer

I had dinner last evening with some friends from LA. They are furious about LSU's coaching situation. They want to fire coach O now! Say he never should have been hired. Was not qualified and on and on. They say they are in a large majority of LSU fans demanding coach O be fired this year.

Sure sounds like Arkansas fans are not alone in demanding coaches be held accountable for poor performance. But sitting there listening to them rant on and on, I had to think about how we have put up with poor performance for 5 years before a significant portion of our fan base has become riled up. Coach O has not even been at LSU a year yet and his head is on the chopping block!

This illustrates just how out-of-touch the apologist are that who defend CBB no matter how bad he performs. Some people are just scared of change no matter how bad the current situation is! CBB has had 5 years after this year is done. No matter the buyout he should be bounced out of here on his head if he fails to produce a significantly improved product on the field.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 22, 2017, 11:41:22 am
LSU fired a coach that averaged almost 10 wins a year because he couldn't beat Saban.

Malzahn went to a natty a few years back.

Florida literally won their conference.

Butch Jones has won 8-9 games a year in his time at Tennessee.

Sumlin has averaged 9 wins.

FU will be the first SEC school to fire their coach this year.  It all starts after they lose to UK.  Sumlin will be right on his heels after a serious whacking from Arkansas...

Hoginsavga

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 22, 2017, 12:19:34 pm
Really good research.  It shows that Long wasn't the only AD that gave a coach a big buyout and when CBB did get that buyout, things actually did look pretty promising. 

I would argue though, that if those are from late 2016, following this season, they'll all be pretty low buyouts.  I think the buyout decreases every year by about the coaches salary, so take their buyout at the end of last season that you provided, subtract their salary this season, and that will be their buy out at the end of the year.  So I would think they'll all be 4 million at the end of the year.  Except for probably Ed O, i don't think he make that much, his will probably be around $8 Million.  Bret's will be 11.4MM Jan1, 2018.

Buyouts for college coaches have gotten to the point of insanity. For example, why on earth would it require LSU to offer Ed O a multi million buyout when he would have probably taken the job with no buyout. He has never been successful as a head coach anywhere. He has won games as an interim coach.

Not picking on just Coach O as some of the other coaches on that list are also suspect as to their demand.

johnny cash

The NewEra

I don't really care much for this loud mouth generation fan base that never had to really work for anything, but expect everything to be granted them this very second.  Most never had to physically compete for anything.  Their idea of competition is a video game.  Raised on drugs to control their ADD, given a trophy just for showing up and displaying their manhood from behind a keyboard and monitor.  Add to that a total disregard for the feelings of those young players that represent their university and are actually putting in the physical stress every day to improve.  Social media and talk shows have a lot of value, but they also have their drawback.  The garbage consumed by listening to a lot of these forums is nothing short of that, garbage.  I don't believe these people represent the masses, yet the losers of the world who have nothing better going on in their lives than to spew hatred across the airwaves and internet.

Do I think forums like Hogville are bad, NO.  Do I think there's a problem when a sense of decorum has been lost in the art of communicating one's concerns, YES!

Yep, my generation has it's fair share of goof balls too. 

There was a time when a fan base would allow a season to play out or get at least two thirds of the way through before coming unhinged.  Heck, we are 2-3 games into this season, a time when the entire fan base should be supporting their team and pulling for wins.  However, in this click and instantly receive environment we see fans who are throwing in the towel and actually hoping for losses instead of wins so that their coach will be fired.  That's a sad state for a fan base and society.

As fans of a program we owe it to the players to support them on game day.  At least that's the way it use to be in the olden days.

I know this will tick off a bunch of people and yes, you are the ones I'm referencing above.

island hog

rzrbackramsfan

It doesn't matter if we're alone or not, if the coach isn't getting it done or won't get it done, you fire them and try someone else.  Those other teams will fire their coaches and do the same.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 23, 2017, 09:12:16 am
Buyouts for college coaches have gotten to the point of insanity. For example, why on earth would it require LSU to offer Ed O a multi million buyout when he would have probably taken the job with no buyout. He has never been successful as a head coach anywhere. He has won games as an interim coach.

Not picking on just Coach O as some of the other coaches on that list are also suspect as to their demand.

Yea ed o's buyout looks even worse than ours.  At least when Bielema got his, it looked lile he was turning us into a contender and getting NFL looks.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The NewEra on September 23, 2017, 10:09:00 am
I don't really care much for this loud mouth generation fan base that never had to really work for anything, but expect everything to be granted them this very second.  Most never had to physically compete for anything.  Their idea of competition is a video game.  Raised on drugs to control their ADD, given a trophy just for showing up and displaying their manhood from behind a keyboard and monitor.  Add to that a total disregard for the feelings of those young players that represent their university and are actually putting in the physical stress every day to improve.  Social media and talk shows have a lot of value, but they also have their drawback.  The garbage consumed by listening to a lot of these forums is nothing short of that, garbage.  I don't believe these people represent the masses, yet the losers of the world who have nothing better going on in their lives than to spew hatred across the airwaves and internet.

Do I think forums like Hogville are bad, NO.  Do I think there's a problem when a sense of decorum has been lost in the art of communicating one's concerns, YES!

Yep, my generation has it's fair share of goof balls too. 

There was a time when a fan base would allow a season to play out or get at least two thirds of the way through before coming unhinged.  Heck, we are 2-3 games into this season, a time when the entire fan base should be supporting their team and pulling for wins.  However, in this click and instantly receive environment we see fans who are throwing in the towel and actually hoping for losses instead of wins so that their coach will be fired.  That's a sad state for a fan base and society.

As fans of a program we owe it to the players to support them on game day.  At least that's the way it use to be in the olden days.

I know this will tick off a bunch of people and yes, you are the ones I'm referencing above.

Is this a joke?

The NewEra

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 22, 2017, 11:41:22 am
LSU fired a coach that averaged almost 10 wins a year because he couldn't beat Saban.

Malzahn went to a natty a few years back.

Florida literally won their conference.

Butch Jones has won 8-9 games a year in his time at Tennessee.

Sumlin has averaged 9 wins.

Exactly, we are supposed to be patient though because apparently we aren't committed to wiinning
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

KennyForAD

Quote from: hoghiker on September 22, 2017, 11:37:34 am
I've been listening to the Finebaum show quite a bit lately(okay I'm stupid) and a couple of things are real clear. Florida, Tennessee, A&M, Auburn and LSU fan bases are all mad. At first I was listening to get the broader view of the SEC toward Arkansas but eventually got around to just listening for a wiretap into the lives of people crazy about football. I mean crazy as in delusional. Is it the Saban effect (more powerful than the butterfly effect) or is the SEC just drowning in too much money. Arkansas has its fair share of crazies. Not sure we can hold a candle to other SEC fan bases. Arkansas fans are unhappy. We ain't alone. Crazy seems to be the normal.

Nothing has changed.  Always been that way

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 23, 2017, 10:20:34 am
Is this a joke?

Probably not.  It's been the same since the beginning of time. Older generations always complain about the younger ones.